Code of Conduct

Question Rounded, smooth, creamy

I would like any recommendations of round, smooth, creamy fragrances, but not gaggingly sweet. I like VS Heavenly, Insolence, Givenchy Mariage, DK Gold, and (Celine) Belong. I tried Organza yesterday, but it dried down rather sour or tart on me. Someone told me jasmine tends to do that.
    Rebecca

Default Re: Rounded, smooth, creamy

The first fragrance that came to my mind was Trouble:Lemon,roses, peach,amber/vanilla and a touch of cedar. Very creamy,but not too sweet.One of my personal favourites Another one is Tam Dao.A bit sharp and green at first,but settles down to a soft sandalwood fragrance.Not overly sweet either.

Gaultier2 by Jean Paul Gaultier

Amber, Musk, and Vanilla

unisex...

not overly gourmand or sweet....perfectly creamy and smooth....
    wishlist:
    Chanel - Cuire de Ruissie and Eau de Cologne
    Penhaligons - Quercus, Castille, and Raquets
    Dior -Eau Noire, Dior Homme Cologne, Dior Homme Intense, and Dior Sweet Sun
    Frédéric Malle - Angelique sous la pluie and Eau d'Hiver
    L'Artisan - l'eau de l'artisan and bois farine
    Hermès - Elixir des Merveilles, Jardin sur Nil, and Hermessence Confret.

I know this isn't in the right section but I am very new and haven't figured it out yet. I have a question. When I was a child in the 50's I received a gift of seven different flower fragrances identical bottles with pink lids in a pink box to correspond with the days of the week. Some of the scents were Rose and Carnation. Does anyone know what brand it might have been or where I could find out? I would really appreciate any help.

This site looks great. I know I'll learn a lot. Thanks.

oops
    ~*Christy*~

Quote Originally Posted by ineespenes
    The first fragrance that came to my mind was Trouble:Lemon,roses, peach,amber/vanilla and a touch of cedar. Very creamy,but not too sweet.One of my personal favourites
    Me too!!
    ~*Christy*~

If you can find Fendi - Theorema you might like it. To me, it's all the things you describe, round, smooth and creamy. It's an oriental but not too heavy. It has a "ambery" sweetness to it but it's well balanced with a beautiful hint of orange (or is it pomerans?) It's smells like transparent gold if that make any sense.

Thanks so much. I am finding sample sizes of most of these on Ebay. Do you think the nicer malls in Atlanta would have good "high" end fragrances?

And , can anyone describe CERRUTI IMAGE ?

Rebecca

Boucheron Trouble fits perfectly. It's no niche but it's unique and of high quality.

DSH Winter White is also wonderful.

Givenchy Ange ou Demon. It has floral notes, but they all die on me, and only the creaminess is left

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelmilk View Post
    Gaultier2 by Jean Paul Gaultier

Amber, Musk, and Vanilla

unisex...

not overly gourmand or sweet....perfectly creamy and smooth....
    I will second that one. If you're looking for something on a budget, Avon's Tomorrow for Men could easily be worn by either sex and is very creamy and nice.
    Discount and drug store fragrance trollop. http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=74

Blog Entries

Ambre Precieux by Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier; warm, smooth, sweet-but-not-too-sweet amber & vanilla, gorgeous!
    Chanel Allure; soft, creamy, classy vanilla-tinged floral.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

TROUBLE is an excellent choice for this category. I think you'll enjoy that one.

I'll suggest another: Balmain Ambre Gris. You might be able to find this one at a mall. Very warm, soft, sweet amber.

Blog Entries

First one that came to mind for me was Allure Homme Edition Blanche. I've seen it described as lemon cream pie, however it's really not that sweet. It's marketed to men, but I think a woman could pull it off. Also my friend wears Chanel Chance or Chance Eau Fraiche, and I totally smell similarities to my Edition Blanche. Give them a try.

Musc De Ravageur is suprisingly very round and creamy

The original Mauboussin in the EdP formulation. Very creamy, a fruity cream (think dried fruit). Definitely not too sweet. Almost unisex (I'm still trying to figure out if it's for me). Charles Jourdan The Pafum is similar but the notes are better articulated, so it's not as "creamy."

The creamiest, roundest fragrance I know is Isabey's Gardenia.

I also find Trouble a good suggestion. Not necessarily creamy but definitely well-rounded and with a lot of depth.