Code of Conduct

Question Amouage Musk Attar

Does anyone have any experience with this one?

I thought it would contain some real musk but apparently it doesn't as I just read on les senteurs webpage that Amouage Musk - a mixture of vanilla and pure sandalwood oil; an environmentally acceptable alternative to pure animal musk.

I have already turned half my back to it but there could still be hope if there are some positive things to be read about it.

Default Re: Amouage Musk Attar

Are you referring to the Musk Abayad ? If so then this Amouage perfume is plant based white musk - nothing out of the ordinary and not that strong nor long lasting. There are better white musks on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeysmyth View Post
    Are you referring to the Musk Abayad ? If so then this Amouage perfume is plant based white musk - nothing out of the ordinary and not that strong nor long lasting. There are better white musks on the market.
    No, I was referring to Amouage Musk, one of the several single note attars that they have, the others being Sandalwood, Jasmine & Rose.

I was shocked but how ordinary and uninteresting and unmusky it was.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

I believe al qurashi has real animal musk, very expensive though.

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    I was shocked but how ordinary and uninteresting and unmusky it was.
    Thank you for nailing that for me. I am not even going to bother, sampling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekove View Post
    I believe al qurashi has real animal musk, very expensive though.
    I am wearing Al Qurashi's Musk Gazelle today and I seriously doubt that it has anything "real animal" in it. It is however a far more palatable fragrance to a Westerner than its Ajmal's namesake, much softer, more refined and attractive, but "real musk" it ain't. I am not complaining though, I've tried a number of pure animal musk tinctures and blends too and with one notable exception (Arabian Oud's King Fahad) I can't handle any of them - they tend to be way too uncompromising, in-your-face, brutally animalic scents of an alpha male who could roundhouse-kick Chuck Norris and generally out-man The Most Interesting Man In The World (who incidentally calls him sir).