Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Have you ever "stealth perfumed" anyone?

l can't remember where l read this, maybe in a thread here or on a blog somewhere, but the phrase was used to mean perfuming someone without their knowledge! l couldn't resist giving this a try on my SO last night. Stay with me on this, l will explain... About a year ago l got some samples of Ayala Moriel's fragrances; one of them was Grin, described as smelling like a wet garden. To me it smelled like a wet forest, quite masculine, & l decided l would love to smell it on a man, so l tucked it away to await an opportunity. Not long after he & l got together, l asked my SO to try it, & it smelled gorgeous on him, his skin brought out nuances of sweetness & honey in it that l hadn't detected before! Unfortunately he said it gave him a headache & headed straight to the sink to scrub it off! Needless to say l was disappointed to be deprived of this wonderful sniffing experience, & longed to have it again. So last night l waited until he was asleep & dabbed some on his shoulder, cuddled in & sniffed contentedly until l too fell asleep. The fact that l was wearing Ayala's Moonbreath seemed to enhance the experience, ( there's an idea for another thread; his 'n' hers combinations..) it was blissful for me & he was none the wiser!

Am l naughty or just plain wierd? Has anyone else done this? Confessions please!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Default Re: Have you ever "stealth perfumed" anyone?

No, I haven't ever stealth perfumed anyone. And by Basenotes standards I don't think this is weird, but you are a naughty girl!

There's a certain someone who is really going out of their way to anger me lately, and if they keep it up, something of theirs is going to get stealth perfumed with Secretions Magnifiques!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Basenotes Institution

Oh teardrop - that is so funny - I had a good chuckle. *LOL* Yup, I have done what you have done- perfumed the SO without his knowledge and walked around with a really wicked grin for some time .
    You're naughty, I'm naughty - hee hee ! *LOL*
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Whenever I know that my SO's ex will be oozing her way toward him, I manage to "accidentally" rub my sotd all over him...

Well. . . I have purchased decent fragrances for women I dated who were wearing things I didn't really like. That's kind of stealthy. But I haven't actually sneaked a spray onto anyone. It's a fun idea, though.

I took my wife shopping at Nieman's last spring, and she didn't know it at the time, but she was inadvertently selecting one of her anniversary gifts. Her favorite was Acqua di Parma Blue Mediterraneo Mirto di Panarea. When I gave it to her several months later she loved it, but had no recollection of my sneaky shopping trick. Funny. I wonder if I can get away with that trick again.

I haven't "stealth perfumed" my SO, but I love love love the idea and I'm planning to do it tomorrow night!!! Thanks!!

No, I haven't and I wouldn't, either.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Basenotes Institution

My husband forgets to wear scent ( though he does have quite a bit now ) so I seriously doubt he would mind being stealth perfumed by me. He has a sense of humor. it helps !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    No, I haven't ever stealth perfumed anyone. And by Basenotes standards I don't think this is weird, but you are a naughty girl!
    Hee hee!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    There's a certain someone who is really going out of their way to anger me lately, and if they keep it up, something of theirs is going to get stealth perfumed with Secretions Magnifiques!
    That's a VERY scary thought, l'll be certain never to p**s you off!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    Oh teardrop - that is so funny - I had a good chuckle. *LOL* Yup, I have done what you have done- perfumed the SO without his knowledge and walked around with a really wicked grin for some time .
    You're naughty, I'm naughty - hee hee ! *LOL*
    LOL! l knew l couldn't be the only one! Sometimes the end justifies the means, don't you think? And what he doesn't know won't hurt him. Glad l brought a smile to your face!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jitterbug Perfume Lover View Post
    I haven't "stealth perfumed" my SO, but I love love love the idea and I'm planning to do it tomorrow night!!! Thanks!!
    Oops, what have l started?? Mwahahahahaaaaaa!!!

I wonder if you might have seen one of my blog posts on this topic in connection with Asquith & Herbert soap, or more recently L'Artisan's L'Ete En Douce. In that instance I only dared to stealth perfume the bed sheets! Even so, the prank didn't go down too well with my other half, who spotted that the smell of "fresh laundry" I tried to pass this perfume off as was a lot stronger than normal...
    Last edited by VM I hate civet; 20th September 2010 at 09:35 AM. Reason: clumsy grammar!
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VM I hate civet View Post
    You may have seen my recent blog post on this topic in connection with L'Artisan's L'Ete En Douce, though I only dared to stealth perfume the bed sheets on that occasion! Even that didn't go down too well with my other half, who spotted that the smell of "fresh laundry" I tried to pass this perfume off as was a lot stronger than normal...
    Yes, THAT'S where l saw it, thanks for the idea! All credit goes to you. At least Ayala's frags only last a couple of hours ( at least in my house ) so it was gone by the time he woke up, hee hee!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka View Post
    No, I haven't and I wouldn't, either.
    Ditto.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Yes, THAT'S where l saw it, thanks for the idea! All credit goes to you.
    I am not sure I should be thanked for the idea, haha! It is a questionable practice at best, and one in which I was originally egged on by lovethescents...says she, furiously trying to pass the buck for this delinquent behaviour! : - )
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by VM I hate civet View Post
    I am not sure I should be thanked for the idea, haha! It is a questionable practice at best, and one in which I was originally egged on by lovethescents...says she, furiously trying to pass the buck for this delinquent behaviour! : - )
    Haha! I wouldn't do it to anyone but my DH because I know he doesn't/wouldn't mind...now I prompted you to do that to your SO because I thought l'Ete en Douce would be a perfect linens frag so he might enjoy his own sheets better than his mothers ;-)
    Last edited by lovethescents; 21st September 2010 at 08:37 PM.
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Mr. Arwen likes me to experiment with him. On weekends he likes me to spray him with some sample of whatever I want.
    Evenstar

I can truly say I have never done this before.....Sounds very interesting!!!
    Gary

HAHAHAHA, this is a really criminal idea, I love it:-) Only problem is, that my SO is a light sleeper, and I imagine it a bit of an awkward situation, if he woke up just as was bending over him with a bottle of L'Heure Bleu (definately!) in my hand...It could go something like this:
    Him: "What are you doing?"
    Me: "Who me? ...eehm I was just going to put this bottle on the shelf on the other side of the bed, but then I realized that my arms are too short, sorry I woke you, just go back to sleep."

Then of course there's always the kids, they sleep like rocks...
    (NO I wouldn't!)

I too must confess I have a playful -- and somewhat evil -- streak in me. I used to work at a postal facility and occasionally there would be hundreds of small packages containing company samples of whatever. One time, Ralph Lauren's "Romance" for men sent a huge amount of samples through the system. I believed I received several doses of it, and would gleefully pour vials of this awful scent in this guy's hair. He had an afro, so it was easy to sneak up behind him and pour. My whole crew reeked of Romance for days, and I still cannot stand the stuff, lol.

Hillaire

I guess I stealth perfume my son, as I use perfumes to make my own dryer sheets. But he does not seem to mind.

I'd like to stealth deodorant perfume some of the guys who work for me sometimes :0.

But I really do not think I'd insinuate a fragrance on someone while sleeping, especially one that he/she had previously complained about; especially if it had also caused a headache. I have to think, I'd be SO ueber upset if I awoke one morning in say... Spellbound. That would qualify as Sadistic.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
    I too must confess I have a playful -- and somewhat evil -- streak in me. I used to work at a postal facility and occasionally there would be hundreds of small packages containing company samples of whatever. One time, Ralph Lauren's "Romance" for men sent a huge amount of samples through the system. I believed I received several doses of it, and would gleefully pour vials of this awful scent in this guy's hair. He had an afro, so it was easy to sneak up behind him and pour. My whole crew reeked of Romance for days, and I still cannot stand the stuff, lol.
    Ooh, you ARE a naughty boy!! Bravo for confessing though, l wonder how many others have done something similar that they won't admit to??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hillaire View Post
    I guess I stealth perfume my son, as I use perfumes to make my own dryer sheets. But he does not seem to mind.

I'd like to stealth deodorant perfume some of the guys who work for me sometimes :0.

But I really do not think I'd insinuate a fragrance on someone while sleeping, especially one that he/she had previously complained about; especially if it had also caused a headache. I have to think, I'd be SO ueber upset if I awoke one morning in say... Spellbound. That would qualify as Sadistic.
    Point taken! However as l said, l knew that particular frag wouldn't last long, & my SO is a very heavy sleeper, so l knew he wouldn't wake up in the morning with a headache. l wouldn't do that to him, even if he does snore like a walrus!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jitterbug Perfume Lover View Post
    Well Jitterbug, did you do it? Do tell!