Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: CREED Original Cologne - spring 2011 - speculation....

And not only, but also....

"Olivier CREED will release in the U.S. another fragrance based on some of his son’s more exotic travels and the rare and precious ingredients he hand selected along the way. And Mr. CREED reserves the right, as always, pleasantly to surprise his clients with still more fragrances in this very creative period."

http://blog.creedboutique.com/

Banned
    Blog Entries

Amalfi Garden looks far more interesting to me than Original Cologne. The Royal Exclusives line needs a hit. I'm hoping it's that one instead. For cologne, I have Original 4711.

Quote Originally Posted by MOONB View Post
    Amalfi Garden looks far more interesting to me than Original Cologne. The Royal Exclusives line needs a hit. I'm hoping it's that one instead.
    I agree.

What surprised me most is that Jardin D'Amalfi is listed as a feminine scent ? The note list shows only Citrus and earthy/woody notes.....
    Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    And not only, but also....

"Olivier CREED will release in the U.S. another fragrance based on some of his son’s more exotic travels and the rare and precious ingredients he hand selected along the way. And Mr. CREED reserves the right, as always, pleasantly to surprise his clients with still more fragrances in this very creative period."

http://blog.creedboutique.com/
    Let's hope they don't suck like the royal exclusives so far, and that one supercedes Aventus (which still has yet to appear in a batch that contains all the concept's potential) as a powerful, modern, masculine flagship.
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

Banned
    Blog Entries

^^^ Yeah, Sublime Vanille gets listed here on BN as feminine also, but I found it to be entirely unisex, even a tad masculine. Spice and Wood was very unisex, too. Original Cologne would probably lean toward the masculine if they want to capture the air of a "dandy" so to speak. But Amalfi and White Flowers would probably be somewhat closer to feminine, especially the latter.

Jardin d'Amalfi doesn't have anything that should classify it as feminine. It does have a powdery-vetiver heart but thats about it.

White Flowers is a full on floral fragrance.

Original Cologne has a lemon-lime top note ..now that I see the notes list that sweetness that I mistook for lime is infact pear. I suspect a more intense spraying session will reveal it more. The heart has a green-herbal feel...what I deciphered as a "Chevrefeuille Original"-like is the galbanum in full force.
    -

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Jardin d'Amalfi doesn't have anything that should classify it as feminine. It does have a powdery-vetiver heart but thats about it.

White Flowers is a full on floral fragrance.

Original Cologne has a lemon-lime top note ..now that I see the notes list that sweetness that I mistook for lime is infact pear. I suspect a more intense spraying session will reveal it more. The heart has a green-herbal feel...what I deciphered as a "Chevrefeuille Original"-like is the galbanum in full force.
    Really? Similar in greenness to Chevrefeuille? I just got Chevrefeuille and the galbanum-like anise-studded heart is really amazing. Very interesting info ZZ, thanks. Makes me really want to try OC. I'm actually really curious about White Flowers. I'm wondering if it's just going to be a wedding fragrance, or something truly unique and an ultimate white floral scent. But J'Ardin D'Amalfi is the one I'm trying first.