Code of Conduct

Default My SO is going to Paris this week, and guess what I've requested as a gift.....

So, my SO is going to work in Paris this week and he very innocently asks what I'd like for him to bring back to me as a gift......

All I can think of is perfume perfume perfume! What do you think I should ask for? I'm assuming I can't go much over $100 USD - we are on a budget afterall, but still, a girl can dream, right??

I should mention that he knows absolutely nothing about perfume and he never wears it. He certainly doesn't understand my fascination with it, but he also never hesitates to compliment me when I smell divine. I usually go for girly florals or floral orientals.

I'm also assuming that 1) since he'll be working long hours and 2) since he knows nothing about perfume and 3) since he's a man's man I can't really ask him to go to some out of the way super chic boutique to pick out a special something. Left to his own devices, he'd just as well stop at the drug store and buy something for me, but he's willing to make the effort and get me something special.....

soooooooooooooooooo
    What do you think? What should I request? What would you request?

Default Re: My SO is going to Paris this week, and guess what I've requested as a gift.....

A European exclusive by Guerlain or Chanel might do the trick.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: My SO is going to Paris this week, and guess what I've requested as a gift.....

I would probably go for a Guerlain a Caron ,a Serge Lutens or a Chanel - the ones you can't find at home in the US ,if possible.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

A serge lutens exclusive, just a little bit over a $100 though.

Yum yum yes yes Guerlain Chanel Serge Lutens yes yes yes yum yum yum
    which ones? I'm a newbie....so I don't even know what I can and can't get here in the US

Quote Originally Posted by Jitterbug Perfume Lover View Post
    Yum yum yes yes Guerlain Chanel Serge Lutens yes yes yes yum yum yum
    which ones? I'm a newbie....so I don't even know what I can and can't get here in the US
    For Serge Lutens, All the 75ml bottles are exclusive, some come in 50ml though and are available in the states.

There are quite a few so I can't go through them all but:

these are the exclusives: http://www.sergelutens.com/purchase/...de-table.html/

But there are some that come in 50ml, so just make sure if you like one of them it's not available on this list: http://www.sergelutens-usa.com/flaco...isateurs.html/

Now these are the only ones on the site, I'm sure there are some Boutique exclusives, or limited edition bottles, no way for you to really know except by contacting the boutique, but I'm sure they're way too expensive to buy blind.

Unfortunately your SO might have a fit at the price as Serge will be a lot more than $100.

Tell us your tastes and then we can makes suggestions and you don't end up with something you dislike.
    DONNA

Well, unfortunately, he left today with some cash and a prayer. I hope he comes back with something nice. I just said, " something from guerlain" since I think anything else will be too hard for him to track down. Let's hope for the best!

Basenotes Institution

Keeping fingers crossed for you, Jitterbug!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

At the airport they have Vol de Nuit Evasion (it is the EDT version of Attrape Coeur, not really similar to Vol de Nuit) by Guerlain. As far as I know it is only available there. It costs 40 euros.

I'd want the Serge Lutens tuberose number.