Code of Conduct

Default Going to Oz for a few weeks (yay)

Hi, i'll be visiting a friend in about 6 weeks time over in Oz, and as it's a pretty big deal for me im gonna treat myself to a decent purchase to use while im out there.

I am going to use stuff i own for evening wear(burberry london/l'instant(will they be ok weather wise???))!

Im looking for something i can use in the daytime, with good longevity. It would have to be something atleast a bit fresh as the temp over there will hopefully be 24-30 degree's.

I was thinking something like Allure Homme Sport, but have by no means made up my mind. Any suggestions would be appreciated, i have asked for suggestions and advice several times here and it always has an effect on my choices, i like it that way, so thanks!

Default Re: Going to Oz for a few weeks (yay)

In Australia its still cold even though winter has passed few weeks ago (i think). The temperature is around 15-20C.

Since its so special to u, why dont u treat ur self a bottle of Amouage Dia, or Amouage Lyric. It would be awesome for the weather here ! Welcome to Australia mate =]
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Allure Homme edition Blanche, Terre d'Hermes and Bvlgari Aqua are my choices for when the weather hits 30C + (which is pretty much every day in WA from November - February)
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Thanks, and thanks for the advice =)

Im going to East Australia, how's the weather there in november/december?

I own TD'H, and have sampled both AQVA and Edition Blanche, liked them both, AQVA is definitely something i'll consider.

Amouage, do you think im rich or something?!!??
    They are slightly out of my price range as this is going to be an expensive enough trip as it is, im looking at stuff preferably 50 or less.

East australia should be similar with South Australia(where i am).

But australia is getting hot real soon, get something fresh =]
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Quote Originally Posted by Soul_Music View Post
    Thanks, and thanks for the advice =)

Im going to East Australia, how's the weather there in november/december?

I own TD'H, and have sampled both AQVA and Edition Blanche, liked them both, AQVA is definitely something i'll consider.

Amouage, do you think im rich or something?!!??
    They are slightly out of my price range as this is going to be an expensive enough trip as it is, im looking at stuff preferably 50 or less.
    Where exactly in Eastern Australia -
    North - Queensland/Brisbane/Gold Coast/tropics - currently nice and warm, but gets wet and muggy by Christmas
    Middle - New South Wales/Sydney - subtropical, starting to get quite nice there (I was there two weeks ago for a very pleasant 26C day). Gets muggy by late October/November.
    Southern - Victoria/Melbourne - currently miserable, wet, cold - has been this way for six months. It may stay like this till and past Christmas (we've had snow in the hills on occasion on Christmas Day). On the other hand it could be like two years ago with temperatures reaching 47C in early February. Bring hot and cold weather scents if you go to Melbourne. The place is currently full of tourists, for reasons I can't fathom.
    Deep South - Tasmania - don't bother with hot weather scents, unless you think 22C or so is hot.

Generally speaking, November should be good wherever you are. December may start gettiing dicey where ever you are, but for different reasons. But it might stay great.

For really hot sticky days, when I know I'll be out in the heat, I go for fresh scents I know can stick to me despite perspiration e.g. Chrome, Laguna, Diesel Plus Plus, Tommy T. I save the good ones for later in the day, when it cools down a bit.

Enjoy your visit whichever part you go to. I had a cousin came over from Italy early this year who saw nearly all the east coast from top to bottom. He couldn't decide which part he liked best.
    Regards,
    Renato

I'm in Queensland and I bought Creed's GIT for this summer. Though from the longevity I've witnessed from this first bottle of GIT I own, I think I'll be either layering it with something else or just reach for Terre D'Hermes.

What about Aqua Di Parma Assoluta?

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffa View Post
    I'm in Queensland

What about Aqua Di Parma Assoluta?
    Good choice, however I personally prefer Colonia.
    Also, may I recommend YSL Live Jazz? Enjoy your stay here mate...

I'd suggest you bring a few, and buy a few when you get here. Nothing quite like forging a brand new olfactory association with your holiday
    You should head West too... the temps are 18-25 right now.

Don't quote me on this, I'm somewhat new in the world of frags. I tried on both Assoluta and Colonia, Colonia's opening is definitely a winner, personally the mid and dry down of Assoluta holds more citrus / fresh accord and far less floral than Colonia. It's also possible I'm trying to relate myself to the scent and I feel the dry down of Colonia is more mature and feminine than Assoluta.

Please don't burn me