Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Terre d'Hermès vs Terre d'Hermès Parfum

How do they differ (smell, not concentration)?
    Which is easiest on the nose?
    Acqua di Giò is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

Default Re: Terre d'Hermès vs Terre d'Hermès Parfum

To me, the grapefruit in the opening lasts much longer in the parfum. Also, the dry down is much more fuller and well rounded in the parfum. I don't own or plan on buying the EdT. The parfum will be a future purchase.

I love the TdH EdT but didn´t like Parfum till now.

It was too green for me.
    "Wow, I've never smelled anything like that before."

Have both. Don't notice any difference other than better longevity with the perfume.

The Terre d'Hermes EDT has more citrus in it. It smells "sharper" to the nose. Also a bit bitter. The Parfum version is sweeter! Less citrus. And smoother. Smells more like a almost a gourmand. I actually prefer the Parfum version.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    The Terre d'Hermes EDT has more citrus in it. It smells "sharper" to the nose. Also a bit bitter. The Parfum version is sweeter! Less citrus. And smoother. Smells more like a almost a gourmand. I actually prefer the Parfum version.
    Very much agreed. The parfum wears close, strong, and darkly. It also has a rather strange floral note - I believe it is lilial or lyral - which is quite noticeable in contrast to the accords which otherwise resemble the EDT. That floral note is hidden or absent in the EDT.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Very much agreed. The parfum wears close, strong, and darkly. It also has a rather strange floral note - I believe it is lilial or lyral - which is quite noticeable in contrast to the accords which otherwise resemble the EDT. That floral note is hidden or absent in the EDT.
    Indeed....I guess you could say that the Parfum version perfected what the EDT lacked.

I had the EDT and have the Parfum now - I have to say though; while I've always loved it, one of my employees wears it and I don't love it when someone else wears it. The rest of my team actually thought he had BO. I hope that doesn't happen to me too much for things I wear.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

I own the EDT and have sampled the Parfum extensively. I'll go against the tide here and recommend the EDT. It's what JCE intended originally and what he does best, IMO. All of the Hermessence and the vast majority of his prior work are EDT.

I hope at some point that JCE tries his hand at an EdC version of TdH. I think that could potentially be the best one of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I was thinking the same thing with regard to the lyral/lilial note. Definitely a floral/green note in the Parfum which I don't get in the EDT. Also, there is a HUGE woody amber fixative note (it could be karanal, but I think it's cedramber) in the Parfum also, and sometimes it whacks me in the head.

I like them both, but if I had to own one of them, I think I'd take the EDT. The EDT is more balanced and more natural smelling. The Parfum has a dense quality which I like sometimes, but other times it's just a tad too much for me.

Please Hermes, release an EDC version of Terre D'Hermes... PLEASE!

BINGO

Have worn the EdT for years now and I wear it well. The EdP on the other hand makes me sick. Headache and once, vomited. It's the flint note that cuts through my skull and permeates my insides. Wish I liked it though. The idea was great, the outcome not so much (for me of course). TRY BEFORE YOU BUY

They are close to me, but the Parfum seems to have less iso e super and more patchouly and pepper. The extra peper and patchouly on the pure parfum made it have some similarties with the smell of French Lover from Frederic Malle. The Parfum seems more like an edp than a true parfum. It has a sillage and longevity similar to an average edp.

Frag Bomb Squadron XIII

I agree with the assessment that the parfum feels rounder, fuller, deeper and yes, denser. But that's to be expected. I find it wears closer to the skin than the EDT which also projects a little sharper & drier. I enjoy both versions & layer them together sometimes...
    Currently wearing: Cuoio by Odori

As with most parfums, the parfum is richer and has less sillage due to the lower alcohol content.
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel
    Currently wearing: Rose Ambre by Fragonard

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    I had the EDT and have the Parfum now - I have to say though; while I've always loved it, one of my employees wears it and I don't love it when someone else wears it. The rest of my team actually thought he had BO. I hope that doesn't happen to me too much for things I wear.
    Do you know which one your employee was wearing??
    Last edited by Just Truth; 28th December 2010 at 06:41 AM.

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

Got my EDP today and LOVE it!

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄««««« Çlïck ít ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

Quote Originally Posted by Just Truth View Post
    Do you know which one your employee was wearing??
    I could say almost certainly that it's the EDT. It's the only thing he really wears. However, as it turns out, I think he might have a touch of BO anyways.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

An EDC would be nice . . . I was wearing JCE's Bergamote ((The Different Co.) today. I can imagine a TdH EDC with the same sparkle - great for summer.

I think of TdH EDT as a daytime thing and the Parfum more evening - not particularly imaginative, I know, but works for me. A modern classic IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by BINGO View Post
    Have worn the EdT for years now and I wear it well. The EdP on the other hand makes me sick. Headache and once, vomited. It's the flint note that cuts through my skull and permeates my insides. Wish I liked it though. The idea was great, the outcome not so much (for me of course). TRY BEFORE YOU BUY
    Sort of glad to hear that someone else had this reaction to Terre d'Hermes. It gave me a headche a couple times and now I'm having trouble getting back to it. Shame.
    '...And you'll carry me down on your dancing
    To the pools that you lift on your wrist...'

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    I could say almost certainly that it's the EDT. It's the only thing he really wears. However, as it turns out, I think he might have a touch of BO anyways.
    lol. Ya, I could definitely see this fragrance really making someones BO stand out.

Blog Entries

BUUUUUMP

I have tested and worn both the parfum and EDP, preferring the EDP due to the more citrus and brighter. How's the EDT compare in terms of earthiness and citrusity?

I feel like it wasn't addressed as thoroughly as possible, thats why I bumped/asked
    Last edited by Neurosis; 9th June 2011 at 03:49 AM.

There is no EDP.

When it comes to concentration, the Parfum vs the EDT is very close to the same. The Parfum is technically an EDT too. It just smells different than the original.

I prefer the EDT to the Parfum. I like that vetivery-citrus too much to give it up. EDP is also very good and I might buy it too.

i dont notice any difference between the smell. i have the EDT but will get the parfum next time, because its stronger

Blog Entries

I got the EDT and its literally the same thing, just a lighter base. Not worth the price jump imo

To me the whole point of TDH is its rough around the edges feel.... the Parfum to me rounds off those edges and in doing so detracts from the appeal.

The parfum's topnotes are heavier on the orange, while the edt has more grapefruit... also, the parfum has a richer base, more dirty/flinty. Both are equally good IMO.

The EDT carries an opening that's sparkling for lack of a better word, which is missing in the parfum. The parfum is vegetal, and more floral in the heart.

I love both but I'm happier to live with the EDT.
    Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good.

Basenotes Junkie

Parfum +1

It is much more subtle yet lasts a lot longer!

I prefer the Parfume version. It`s more dense, rich, and "dirty". The sillage and longevity seems equal on both.