Code of Conduct

Question Amouage Gold Longevity

I apologize if this has been covered in previous threads. I could not find it. If someone wants to give me a link, that would be great.

I am enjoying my sample of Amouage Gold (women). But I don't get more than 2 hours out of it before it's hardly detectable on my skin. It becomes a very close-wearing, powdery floral. Still amazing, but barely there. (I even used an unscented moisturizer underneath my spritz this morning.)

Anyone else have this issue with Gold? I keep hearing that a little goes a long way and it lasts and lasts. Perhaps it's because I am using a sample atomizer? I wonder if longevity would be better straight from the bottle?

Default Re: Amouage Gold Longevity

Hi chaplain -- I'm afraid my experience is similar to yours... using a full bottle in my case.
    (But -- most fragrances don't last well on me, with or without moisturizers. So hopefully enough people will chime in to give you an idea of the typical scenario.)

Although I too, have an issue with longevity on my skin for many fragrances, Amouage seems to stick around most of the day with me.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

I don't have skin that typically "eats" fragrance. So this is interesting to me.

I've heard that Amouage Gold had a reformulation. (What hasn't right?) Maybe all this super longevity talk was before the reformulation?

Basenotes Institution

I also tried Amoauge Gold recently and had the same experience- but then again, I have scent eating skin. Most of the Amouages last forever on me though, but Gold is closer wearing.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I am astonished at your experiences. Amouage Gold lasts 12+ hours on me, and I only use one spray.

Where do you spray it? I spray my fragrances on décolletage.

I tend to wear this in cooler weather; perhaps that also extends it?

Basenotes Institution

I sprayed mine on my wrists and inner elbow, 30 Roses. It's probably my skin that Gold doesn't agree with .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    I am astonished at your experiences. Amouage Gold lasts 12+ hours on me, and I only use one spray.

Where do you spray it? I spray my fragrances on décolletage.

I tend to wear this in cooler weather; perhaps that also extends it?
    I sprayed on my chest and wrists about 3 hours ago. Now, I only get the faintest whisper of it when I touch my nose to my wrist.

I wonder when the reformulation happened. Is it possible, 30 Roses, that you have an earlier formulation?

I'm also not getting that Gold is a powerhouse as many reviews seem to indicate. To me it is a soft, symphonic floral with a touch of powder. My 11-month-old son feel asleep on my chest shortly after I first applied it this morning. It was glorious to smell his baby hair mixed in with the softness and elegance of Gold. (I realize that one might say a sleeping baby on your chest shortly after application could shorten its longevity. But I have applied this fragrance multiple times in that last two days...I get the same result each time. )

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I don't have an older formulation-- it was new and in one of the newer bottles.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    I don't have an older formulation-- it was new and in one of the newer bottles.
    very important and good to know. thanks!

Hillaire

I have the new Gold edp and it lasts all day, but I do apply it somewhat liberally.

The good news for you, perhaps, is that Gold also comes in an extrait cpncentration now, which is moreover a super-extrait ...of 40 percent! I havbe not worn it, but I sprayed some of the new Dia extrait last Wednesday on my scarf, and when I put the same scarf on yesterday, I found it strong enough still I didn't wear anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillaire View Post
    The good news for you, perhaps, is that Gold also comes in an extrait cpncentration now, which is moreover a super-extrait ...of 40 percent! I havbe not worn it, but I sprayed some of the new Dia extrait last Wednesday on my scarf, and when I put the same scarf on yesterday, I found it strong enough still I didn't wear anything else.
    That is good news! I'll definitely try the extrait before purchasing the EdP. Thanks for the heads-up.