Code of Conduct

Default Hyacinth fragrance search!

I have just come to love the hyacinth flowers and I am looking for a very good scent that replicate this wonderful flower.

I hazzard a guess that there may be more of a single note natural perfume for hyacinth's but I don't mind as long as its a beautiful representation of the smell of hyacinths.

Thanks
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Default Re: Hyacinth fragrance search!

Hi, Aerandir4! I love hyacinth, too. I don't know any soliflores, but I really enjoy two of the Neil Morris fragrances, Rainflower and Storm, that highlight this flower. More can be read here:

http://www.neilmorrisfragrances.com/...ollection.html

I also notice that two of my favorite green floral fragrances, Le Temps d'Une Fete and Chamade, include hyacinth in their notes lists. I'm not sure that I can isolate the hyacinth, but they are both really lovely floral blends.
    Last edited by Haunani; 13th February 2010 at 08:13 PM.

Yardley did a great single note hyacinth frag (called Hyacinth, natch). It is discontinued, but if you've got an old timey indie chemist in your locality that isn't averse to selling off their years old testers and stuff that they never sold, then you might find some - Yardley is among the easier vintage to source.

Doing a little more research. Found a discontinued L'Artisan, Jacinthe des Bois. Sounds wonderful – don't know if it can be found anywhere. Also an il Profumo called Jacinthe des Bois. Read this description – it sounds fantastic:

http://www.nstperfume.com/2008/03/27...ew-fragrances/

Your thread has me craving hyacinths!

Yes! I love hyacinths! Guerlain Chamade. Period. Definitely not a soliflore but it is fantastic... and not too feminine by modern standards if you like spring-green florals. Great creamy vanilla/woods drydown. I've only tried the edt, but I'm on the lookout for an affordable vintage edc, which I understand to be the best version.
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Thank you for all the suggestions. Haunani I have a pot of Hyacinth in the kitchen and it smells soo good. I never knew the english name of it but when my mum bought a pot this time for spring I noticed that the label was left on the side. Well all I can say is that Hyacinths are now one of the my favourite flowers and it would be criminal for a perfume lover not to have a hyacinth or hyacinth dominated scent.

Along with Jasmine, Rose and Lillies, Hyacinths are divine!
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

I love hyacinths! One of nature's beautiful smells.

I've heard from a few that Penhaglion's Bluebell is a hyacinth fragrance, but not having smelled it, I'm unsure.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

"Jacinthe de Bois" is translated bluebell. If you Google images, you'll see that bluebells look quite a lot like their relatives, hyacinths.

Penhaligon's makes Bluebell which is a pretty good approximation of the smell of hyacinth IMO. I have it on my hand right now and I think this is worth trying.

edit: Galamb Borong beat me to it!
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 13th February 2010 at 10:19 PM.

Oh! Never knew what Bluebells were! Great recommendation, GB and 30Roses!
    Last edited by Haunani; 13th February 2010 at 11:22 PM.

Brindille by Galimard, a women's fragrance is prominent in hyacinth

Hyacinth has a very distinctive bright green edge, and I think it's the hyacinth that provides the primary green floral component in Balmain's stunning Vent Vert - it is quite discernible once the initial blast of galbanum settles down a bit.

Capucci's Yendi is another vivacious green floral with a pronounced hyacinth note.

Quote Originally Posted by Galamb_Borong View Post
    I've heard from a few that Penhaglion's Bluebell is a hyacinth fragrance, but not having smelled it, I'm unsure.
    I'm not familiar with Penhaligon's Bluebell either, but I am familiar with the flower and it's different than the Dutch hyacinth pictured above, as are their scents. Bluebells are actually hyacinthoides, pictured here -

Now whether Penhaligon's Bluebell actually contains a hyacinthoides note or a hyacinth note is beyond me.

edit: Sorry 30 Roses - I don't know how I missed your post in which you already addressed this. It sounds like Bluebell is indeed a good choice!
    Last edited by Evangeline; 13th February 2010 at 11:19 PM.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Camille Beckman has a "Hyacinth and Bluebell" scent available in her perfume oil roll-ons. I see the oil on Amazon and on the website (http://www.camillebeckmanonline.com/...ROD&ProdID=483.)

I have the jar of glycerine hand therapy in this scent and always thought it smelled pretty much like a simple hyacinth.

Evangeline:
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 13th February 2010 at 11:23 PM.

mmm, I did a search around and found a page off fragrantica with a list of hyacinth perfumes. It's a shame I haven't tried most of them... http://www.fragrantica.com/notes/Hyacinth-22.html

Similarly, this is the basenotes search:
    http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancedi...notes=hyacinth

I just noticed that Aramis Havana has hyacinths as well! I will definitely have to route this one out somehow.

Huh. I never noticed the hyacinth note in Un Jardin sur le Nil, but Fracas and Chanel 19 don't surprise me--19 smells like spring abstracted and Fracas has every flower known to man in there somewhere
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Quote Originally Posted by Aerandir4 View Post
    mmm, I did a search around and found a page off fragrantica with a list of hyacinth perfumes. It's a shame I haven't tried most of them... http://www.fragrantica.com/notes/Hyacinth-22.html

Similarly, this is the basenotes search:
    http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancedi...notes=hyacinth

I just noticed that Aramis Havana has hyacinths as well! I will definitely have to route this one out somehow.
    Whilst I think Havana is a masterpiece by anyone's standards, the hyacinth does not feature in a big way at all, so it won't satisfy your quest for a linear hyacinth scent.

Pen's Bluebells, as mentioned already, is a great approximation of hyacinth.

Yes. The Hyacinth is a gorgeous flower to look at!! It's almost as intoxicating as a Orchid For me Personally

Though good luck, I'll let ya know when I find a good alternative!

- Balava
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

Has anyone tried anything now mentioned above? I have had a hyacinth craving lately

The 'other' website must be bust... I'm sure Paul Smith for Men contains Hyacinth, and its not listed. Hyacinth along with Geranium, Violet Leaf and Vetiver - no wonder its so 'green' (the bottle is a rare case of truth in advertising...)

L Artisan Fleur du Narcissus
    Guerlain Chamade
    Ralph Lauren Safari woman

+1 Neil Morris
    Looking for Creed Spice & Wood / swap fragances , Creed Vingate Tabarome and more... http://www.basenotes.net/threads/374...me-Cuir-Beluga