Code of Conduct

Default Got L'instant Guerlain pour homme extreme....

Hey Folks,

I got the EDT of L'instant last week and due to the rave reviews, I ordered the EDP version and received it today! There is definitely a difference between the two as the EDP is much more gourmand and there is no zesty citrus in the top notes. It also lasts much longer than the EDT but I feel that the drydown on both are pretty similiar. Does anyone agree with this? I hope they never stop making this fragrance because it truly is a masterpiece. I wore the EDT version this past friday and gotten several compliments so I'm hoping the EDP will give the same results!

Nick

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Got L'instant Guerlain pour homme extreme....

They are quite similar. But as you've noted the EdP is much stronger on the cocoa notes. I actually find the EdT projects more on me. Love them both.

Be prepared for many more compliments. Two artfully designed frags which made me tip my homburg to Guerlain.

Impossibly sophisticated, but they are much quieter than they usual "club" type scents. More guys should check these out.

StylnLA,

In terms of Longevity, the EDP today gave me about 8 hours, and the EDT is roughly in the 4-6 hour range. I have oily skin as well and colognes usually last a long time. What is your take on the longevity of the two?

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm. Have a hard time judging it checker. With many scents, I go scent blind. My sense from people I've been around that commented on it when I thought it was played out tells me I get 6-7 hours out of the EdT.

Haven't really wrung out the EdP enough yet. My sense is it lasts longer, but stays closer to the skin.

They are close enough that you can also monkey with layering the two. I have and I don't usually try that.

StylnLA,

Thank you for your thoughts, I emailed Guerlain to see if the EDP is discontinued because it was very hard to find. Thanks to beauty encounter, I was able to purchase it....

Nick

Post Thanks / Like

No it's not discontinued, just a monster to find. I got mine from Beauty Encounter as well. After fairly thorough searching (which I'm sure you also did) many of the usual suspects showed it as in their selections, but out of stock. Guerlain has an odd distribution network. They list Sephora as one of their distributors in US, but I've only every seen Guerlain Vetiver in there.

Hopefully it sells well, so they keep it in production! BY MAN by D&G was one of my favorites and they discountinued that. By far the best fragrance D&G has ever made....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    No it's not discontinued, just a monster to find. I got mine from Beauty Encounter as well. After fairly thorough searching (which I'm sure you also did) many of the usual suspects showed it as in their selections, but out of stock. Guerlain has an odd distribution network. They list Sephora as one of their distributors in US, but I've only every seen Guerlain Vetiver in there.
    Sephora France division carries it....

Post Thanks / Like

I'm on my 2nd bottle.

LOVED it at first. Now can't STAND it any more....

I wrote in the other L'Instant forum that Guerlain emailed me today and said the EDP hasn't been discontinued. If it becomes impossible to order it online in the future, you can get it directly from Guerlian in France for 25 euros. I have the contact info, so If anyone needs it just drop me a message.

Nick

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yeah that's what they told me as well. It's mainly hard to get here in the U.S.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Mr. Stylin LA's rave commentary talked me into tracking down the Extreme version. I looked around online, and wasn't finding it at any kind of a "deal" price. Then one day I found an email from amazon in my in box that said something like "L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme now available." Wow, I had forgotten that I even put a tickler on that. And the amazing part: it was cheap. 2.5 oz for $34. Of course I jumped on it. Later, I went back to look for it again, and the price had already gone up. I was afraid it would be a fake, but no, it's the real thing.

This one turned out to be one of my luckier buys. And of course the juice is damn good. Mr. Stylin LA is right again. Good stuff, worth tracking down.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a pity Guerlain's distribution isn't better greased in US. It took me almost a year of being in here to appreciate what masters they are.

You've gotta dig for it. Plus I find it takes patience to get to know their scents. L'Instant (either version) doesn't slam into your nose like A*Men or some of the other gourmands. Nor are they over the top sweet. Just enough......

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Indeed. I think Guerlain may be my favorite house.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

StylnLA,

This stuff sure is amazing, IMO blows away all the other gourmands I've tried (Rochas, Angel, Hanae Mori, Dior Homme Intense, etc)

Nick

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the Extreme too. Fans of this scent should also check out Cologne du 68 by Guerlain. IMO, it smells like a L' Instant Pour Homme flanker - lighter, more crisp and yet delicately gourmand at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I actually was eyeing that up and intend on getting a sample. Beautiful bottle and not too pricey.
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    Hopefully it sells well, so they keep it in production! BY MAN by D&G was one of my favorites and they discountinued that. By far the best fragrance D&G has ever made....
    I agree that BY Man was thee best to come out of Dolce & Gabbana! I just bought the EDP of L 'instant & while it does smell really nice, I wish there was a tad bit more to it.. Something is missing... Maybe because When I go for a gourmand im looking for some sweet stuff! But nevertheless its really good!
    To be successful, you must smell successful! THATSMR2USIR

Post Thanks / Like

I am actually blind buying this on ebay. Reviews for the guy looks good and it's 57 dollars. Only thing is it's a Tester Bottle so no cap. Does anybody have an empy Guerlain L'instant bottle that don't need the cap anymore? OR know where I could possibly buy one from?
    "Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."

Post Thanks / Like

So my tester came in the mail today and you guys were not kidding. this stuff is AMAZING. I can't stop sniffing myself. I may actually have to buy a bottle with the cap because the white paper tester cap is really annoying and it's such a beautiful bottle as well. Anyone sitting on the fence should really just get it.

On my skin is has a spicy cocoa powdery vibe. Not sure how longevity and sillage will go but don't really care since I smell great!
    "Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yeah it really is incredible. I love the cocoa note so much!
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

One of the best scents ever made!

Hmmmmmmm only the 100th L'instant extreme post. Why dont we move this post too, I mean its very similar to whats already up about this frag. OOOOoooo wait this guy isnt new, ohhh I get it now.

Post Thanks / Like

I find L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme as a very light fragrance but with very good projection and longevity. Anyone else feel the same way?
    Last edited by NewHaarlem; 17th February 2011 at 04:50 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Not a big fan of the EDT opening.....too "citrus-y." Is the EDP a major improvement?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Junior View Post
    Not a big fan of the EDT opening.....too "citrus-y." Is the EDP a major improvement?
    Hmmm. There used to be a thread about this. Hang on lemmie look for it... Bingo.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/260.......?p=2085439

Post Thanks / Like

This is a really hard one to track down now. Any suggestions where to find it?

Post Thanks / Like

Just wait it out until it shows up. Hard to find right at the moment but it should show up at one of the online retailers or ebay.