Code of Conduct

Default a big hats off to the basenotes community at large, and the joy it spreads

so--one of the things that suffers in today's world of moving so fast within a culture of engrained presumption & entitlement is the failure to recognize and celebrate unique, self contained communities of purpose-- comprised of like minded individuals albeit with diverse life experiences, sensibilities and convictions who share a common purpose--in this instance, their love, knowledge, curiosity and feelings in connection with fragrance. I just want to salute you, and to give credit where credit is due.

as a relative newcomer, i'm grateful to you for the privilege to "tune in" on a regular basis.. through all the attendant banter, you make each day just a little bit better and enjoyable. in my book, that's not small feat, and i'm glad to be a small part of it all.

Default Re: a big hats off to the basenotes community at large, and the joy it spreads

Yup, a big, wholehearted second on this!
    Smellin good

Default Re: a big hats off to the basenotes community at large, and the joy it spreads

Yeah, this truly is a great place! Here, here!

I second your thoughts too, beez. This is a wonderful community.

Indeed yes! Finally, a grand community where the passion for fragrance is finally put back on the map and in its well-deserved place

I totally agree with your thoughts. I enjoy finding out about different aspects to frags. and peoples thoughts. I know from own experience this is one of the friendliest groups of people around. They never steer you wrong.

Welcome and thank you for the comment. Enjoy the "fellowship of the nose."
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Plus

This is one of the best and thriving communities I've been privileged to be part of. Truly a place to celebrate the olfactory wonders of the world.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

This is The Bestest Smellie Place!
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

I agree.
    Thanks so much everyone!

Great Post, Great People here. Its pretty different from the other forums I have been on, allot of mutual respect for one other, and everyone seems to be respectful of other peoples subjective tastes in fragrances.

It is pretty great, isn't it? And so much interesting thinking and wonderful writing! All in the pursuit of something as fleeting as fragrance. Who said being civilized was dead? Vive la civilization!

I agree with all the posts above. It's an excellent site with fantastic members. No.1 forum for me.

It's a privilege to be a part of Basenotes yes! and to learn from such a vast pool of scented experiences.
    Thank you to everyone!

I agree.....Thank You to all that are a part of this Great Family.....I have learned much.....and I know I will learn more!!!
    Gary

So very true. Sometimes I feel like I'm "wasting" too much time on basenotes, and on fragrances, but friendly conversation about beautiful smells is about as human and civilized as it is possible to get IMHO. Sometimes it takes a new member to remind us all how nice this all is. Thanks, beez!

I absolutely agree. This is a great place.
    Sometimes there is ofcourse a little "argument", but that is a part of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    Sometimes there is of course a little "argument", but that is a part of life.
    See sig...
    Tom Ford Splits!!!!
    Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir, Costa Azzura,
    Neroli Portofino,
    Plum Japonais, Lavender Palm and
    AMBER ABSOLUTE, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Been lurking for a long time here on BN & I'm so very glad I finally registered. I learn something new everyday about fragrances...which is quickly becoming a true passion of mine. There are so many knowledgeable great folks here that don't mind helping out the Fragrance NOOB.

Blog Entries

Basenotes is a great place to learn new things on fragrances. I'm glad I found Basenotes at the beginning of this hobby.

I have to say one of the things I really like about this site is that it is 99% positive/upbeat/constructive.....

I belong to several forums for work and BY FAR this is the most positive of the bunch....in fact when I see someone write something harsh or critical I often thing "WTF is his/her problem???"

Everyone is very nice and helpful.....that's why this in one of my favorite web sites.....

Great thoughts - thanks for sharing. I totally agree!
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

KEWL. Well, here is to this great community.

If life's a bitch, then this is a very sexy board.

Yes, great post! Here people treat each other with great respect and warmth, which might sound normal, but isn't in most forums nowadays. Internet is a place where a person can choose to be somebody else. For some reason this doesn't happen here, people are genuine and nice. Thank you!

+10000000
    Couldn't agree more.

Yeah, like on IMDB. People get downright hateful on that site. Anyhow, let's not think about that. Fragrance is so caught up in memory I think it keeps everyone real. If that makes sense.