Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 56 of 56
  1. #1

    Default whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    I have tried Suki products which is clinically proven natural solutions skincare that works but it is a tad expensive. Need an alternative.

  2. #2
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    13,283

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    Burts Bees do some good things.

  3. #3

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    My favorite scrub is by Bains du Marais http://www.amazon.com/Les-Bains-Du-M...pr_product_top

    It doesn't feel gritty or leave a mess in the tub but your skin will feel incredibly soft and smooth after using it. A little goes a very long way too - don't let the price put you off.

    Something else to consider is a Salux towel. Here's a link to one of the discussions about it: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/262...ighlight=salux
    There are many imitations of this towel available - avoid them. They not only don't do as good a job, they don't last anywhere near as long as genuine Salux, especially if you keep it clean and dry between showers. My Clarisonic has a body brush attachment, but the Salux does a better job, for a fraction of the price.

  4. #4

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Burts Bees do some good things.
    Burts Bees and Dr. Bronner's is what was suggested. I know of these because last year I was searching for body wash and ended up with suki skincare products, definitely a good option. I don't want to try these now because I'd feel like I was downgrading.

    Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    My favorite scrub is by Bains du Marais http://www.amazon.com/Les-Bains-Du-M...pr_product_top

    It doesn't feel gritty or leave a mess in the tub but your skin will feel incredibly soft and smooth after using it. A little goes a very long way too - don't let the price put you off.

    Something else to consider is a Salux towel. Here's a link to one of the discussions about it: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/262...ighlight=salux
    There are many imitations of this towel available - avoid them. They not only don't do as good a job, they don't last anywhere near as long as genuine Salux, especially if you keep it clean and dry between showers. My Clarisonic has a body brush attachment, but the Salux does a better job, for a fraction of the price.
    This Salux sounds good. It also does whole body. But I alredy exfoliate with a bath glove and then use a in-shower body moisturizer. I think I'l give these a go. It is very hard to get a hold of. Any ideas?

  5. #5
    Basenotes Junkie Trilby Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    686

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    I've been using Dr. Bronners lately with a natural boar bristle scrub brush. It's quite bracing and refreshing.

  6. #6

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    Is saluxshop their genuine site? The products seem cheaper overall including delivery to the UK. Also they have a super hard cloth. I think I'll stock up on those.





    I'll look for Dr Broonners and Burts Bees more thoroughly.

    EDIT: So Dr Bronner's products contain castille soap which is ingredient olive oil. Burt's Bees contain Royal jelly which is ingredient honey. I've heard good things of both, but which is better?
    Last edited by klimax; 26th December 2013 at 03:25 AM.

  7. #7

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    You should develop and maintain a routine thats something like this:

    Get a Morrocan bath (or Turkish - same thing).

    This removes all dead skin and leaves a clear canvas if you will.

    For the first 2 weeks after the Morrocan bath weeks you alternate between a rich body gel (for moisturizing) and a mild body exfoliating scrub (to passively remove any dead skin build up). If your exfoliant is also moisturizing, then no need to follow up with the body moisturizer shower gel.

    Then from in week 3 and 4 you use the same moisturizing body gels but alternate a more aggressive exfoliating scrub with the mild scrub.

    So if in week 1 & 2 you were using the mild exfoliant every 3rd day (the moisturizer every day of course), in weeks 3 and 4 you would use alternate every 3rd day between the mild & aggressive scrub.

    Then another Moroccan bath.

    For moisturizing









    Mild exfoliating

    (for a scrub - this one is very moisturizing as well)


    Aggressive Exfoliating:



    (very moisturizing)



    Whats imperative is to maintain a routine. You want to exfoliate dead skin build up and moisturize at the same time. The dead skin acts as a barrier between your skin & the moisturizer. So the cycle always starts with a freshly exfoliated palette.

    If you can't get a Moroccan bath every month, extend the above or bring in the aggressive exfoliators from as early as week two.

    You really need to use it with a proper loofa. If its not burning you while you scrub , you're just wasting your time.

    for swap/sale:





  8. #8

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    ^^ O wow u just gave me a lot to work with which I'll get round to tommorow. Im pretty much sold on Burt's Bee's products because honey contains Sodium, Potassium, Calcium, Mangnesium benefits vs Olive Oil (Dr Bronners).

  9. #9

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    Quote Originally Posted by klimax View Post
    Is saluxshop their genuine site? The products seem cheaper overall including delivery to the UK. Also they have a super hard cloth. I think I'll stock up on those.




    Last March I ordered ten (the minimum order) from http://www.unikinghi.com/salux-beauty-skin-cloth.html. They are definitely authentic and last a very long time. I've only needed one for myself but have given several away to friends and family. Saluxshop.com has been mentioned as being an authentic, reliable source on other review sites. Mine is the original version and I found it to be more than coarse enough already.

  10. #10

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    Last March I ordered ten (the minimum order) from http://www.unikinghi.com/salux-beauty-skin-cloth.html. They are definitely authentic and last a very long time. I've only needed one for myself but have given several away to friends and family. Saluxshop.com has been mentioned as being an authentic, reliable source on other review sites. Mine is the original version and I found it to be more than coarse enough already.
    I'll be buying me some SUper Hard salux cloth. The exfoliating glove I use right now is pretty harsh, I reckon the salux cloth wont be quite as harsh.

    @Hedonist I have ended up with these two L'occitane products, I beleive they are on par with Burt's Bees, if not better. These are Ultra Rich Body Scrub (which as u pointed out is rather moisturising as well as exfoliating). Voted BEST LUXURY BODY SCRUB
    Stylist Skincare Awards 2011 http://uk.loccitane.com/ultra-rich-b...776,272074.htm


    Then ALmond SHower Oil. This is a best-seller and Awarded BEST EVER BODY WASH
    - 2013 Woman & Home Best in Beauty

    Voted BEST BATH PRODUCT
    - 2012 Psychologies Positive Beauty Awards

    “The richest of oils which cleverly lathers up when it meets the water and the gorgeous almond scent is instantly calming after a hectic day.”
    - Cassie Steer, Beauty Writer, Marie Claire .http://uk.loccitane.com/almond-showe...007,270017.htm.

    I think since I'd be using salux cloth for exfoliating, it kinda makes the Ultra Rich Body Scrub redundant and go for Almond Shower Oil.

    I'm also looking at Burt's Bees Rosemary and Peppermint. And Radiance Exfoliating Body Wash. The site is down atm
    Last edited by klimax; 26th December 2013 at 05:18 PM.

  11. #11

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    Okay, cheapest and the best that would be a pair of scrub gloves. Usually only a few pounds and you use your normal body wash with them.

    They last for a long time.
    DONNA

  12. #12

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    Good to hear klimax.

    Let us know your thoughts.

    for swap/sale:





  13. #13

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    Okay, cheapest and the best that would be a pair of scrub gloves. Usually only a few pounds and you use your normal body wash with them.

    They last for a long time.
    I have those, I am interested with Salux though as its supposed to be less harsher than gloves.


    Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Good to hear klimax.

    Let us know your thoughts.
    I was left with
    1. Burt's Bees Fabulosly Fresh Peppermint & Rosemary Body Wash
    2. L'occitane ALMOND SHOWER OIL

    Some say Almond Shower Oil is overhyped. However I think I'll buy both anyways because a lot has been said about scent of L'occitane. Although the particular Burt's Bees mentioned is also big on scent frame.

    @Socalwoman Are Salux cloth waterproof? Is it used after applying body wash or without any bodywash on?

    I need to know more about Salux cloth. The regular one is 40% Nylon and 60% Polyester. The Super Hard is 13% Nylon and 83% Polyester. How do these match-up?

    Have u seen the Hikari cloth? Is it better than Salux?


    Last edited by klimax; 27th December 2013 at 12:24 AM.

  14. #14

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    You can use them however you want - with soap, gel, scrubs, only water or whatever. They dry very quickly. I have only used the regular Salux towel, not the Super Hard version, so I have no opinion or information other than what you have shared.

    I know nothing about Hikari cloths either, but from the video, they seem to be used the same way you might use a Salux.

  15. #15

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    You can use them however you want - with soap, gel, scrubs, only water or whatever. They dry very quickly. I have only used the regular Salux towel, not the Super Hard version, so I have no opinion or information other than what you have shared.

    I know nothing about Hikari cloths either, but from the video, they seem to be used the same way you might use a Salux.
    That's good to know. I have taken out Burt's Bees Peppermint and Rosemary because I was told it can be drying. Apparently fragranced shower stuff is drying. I have dry skin so its a no-go for me personally. L'occitane Almond SHower Oil I've heard can be moisturising but it's a luxury and I can't justify the price (I mean u are spending more money down the drain-literally).

    Right now I'm looking at Eucerin Daily Wash; I was told it's more moisturising than L'occitane and it's cheaper too.

    About the Hikari and Salux. I read a review from Amazon:
    Way Better Than Salux! I had previously used the Salux towels. But these are actually cheaper than Salux (because you get a towel and washcloth) and lasted much longer. The edges didn't fray nearly as much. Love these Japanese exfoliating towels and will be buying the Hikari brand from now on.
    http://www.amazon.com/Exfoliating-Be.../dp/B005DTWW0E

    I don't know if it's a fake review though by mayb one of the employees of Hikari.

  16. #16

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    Other products you might consider:

    Glycerin - when you are still a little wet from the shower, put a little on your skin with your hands. Then dry yourself.
    www.webmd.com/drugs/drug-20275-glycerin+top.aspx

    NA PCA - spray this on anytime, especially before using another moisturizer
    http://www.twinlab.com/product/na-pca-non-oily-0

    Aveeno products - they contain very soothing ingredients.
    http://www.aveeno.com/

    When your hands are chapped keep a bowl of uncooked oatmeal near the sink and after washing your hands, rub the oatmeal on them until they're dry. Then you can use hand cream if you want. It's very healing on dry, chapped hands.

    You can add a tiny bit of Vaseline to any body cream and mix it in you hands before using. It will add sort of a barrier.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 27th December 2013 at 06:30 PM.

  17. #17

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    Aveeno Body Wash has Glycerin but also contains SLS.

    Eucerin Daily Body Wash contains no Glycerin but has no SLS.

    How to choose?

    - - - Updated - - -

    I had to correct an error.
    Last edited by klimax; 5th January 2014 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Corrected.

  18. #18

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    Eucerin because 60% of what you put on your skin goes into your bloodstream. So, I'd base my decision on "potentially harmful additives" which, to me, would be SLS. Then, follow that with a body cream with glycerin if you would like

  19. #19

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajmcguire View Post
    Eucerin because 60% of what you put on your skin goes into your bloodstream. So, I'd base my decision on "potentially harmful additives" which, to me, would be SLS. Then, follow that with a body cream with glycerin if you would like


    i was suggested Eucerin Skin Calming Body Wash. Then I read one of the ingredients. Propyl Gallate. This is the last ingredient mentioned http://www.eucerinus.com/products/ca...body-wash.html
    10 Things to Know About Propyl Gallate

    1. Propyl Gallate is an artificial food additive, that is also used in cosmetics and pharmaceuticals.

    2. It is a whitish crystalline powder.

    3. You may find propyl gallate in meat products, microwaveable popcorn, soup mixes, chewing gum, mayonnaise, and frozen meals.

    4. It has antioxidant properties, which means it helps stop oxygen molecules from mixing with the oil in food, causing the food to go rancid.

    5. Propyl gallate is also denoted E310.

    6. Some studies on rats have shown that propyl gallate may cause cancer.

    7. Other side effect of consumption are stomach and skin irritability, as well as allergic reactions that impact breathing. It may also cause kidney and liver problems.

    9. In some cases, to improve its efficacy, propyl gallate is used in conjunction with 2 other preservatives – BHA and BHT – which are also suspect as carcinogenic.

    10. Although the FDA considers propyl gallate safe, in other countries it is either banned or very limited in use.

  20. #20

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    Lush's Rub Rub Rub does it for me

  21. #21

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    Interesting, that ingredient is not accepted into any Whole Foods products (food or body care), I wouldn't use it either, because it rates high as an irritant and because the cancer causing link, better to err on the side of caution, I think. Lush makes awesome products! I don't think I can get them in Amercia, but I reference them a lot and their website has a link that explains why they use a particular ingredient, etc. On a separate note, Aveno products have a lot of natural and plant derived ingredients, But has something in it that rates really high as an irritant, I can't remember though, I just remember being disappointed. But the Colidal oatmeal the product does have is wonderful and great for soothing. I love Burts Bees, but it has lanolin which is a wax from sheeps wool. The visual of putting that on my lips, ewwwww.

  22. #22
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    13,283

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajmcguire View Post
    Interesting, that ingredient is not accepted into any Whole Foods products (food or body care), I wouldn't use it either, because it rates high as an irritant and because the cancer causing link, better to err on the side of caution, I think. Lush makes awesome products! I don't think I can get them in Amercia, but I reference them a lot and their website has a link that explains why they use a particular ingredient, etc. On a separate note, Aveno products have a lot of natural and plant derived ingredients, But has something in it that rates really high as an irritant, I can't remember though, I just remember being disappointed. But the Colidal oatmeal the product does have is wonderful and great for soothing. I love Burts Bees, but it has lanolin which is a wax from sheeps wool. The visual of putting that on my lips, ewwwww.

    We should probably try to name the ingredient used by Aveeno if we are stating that the line uses highly rated irritants!

  23. #23

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    We should probably try to name the ingredient used by Aveeno if we are stating that the line uses highly rated irritants!
    So back to Burts Bees. Or Soap and Glory? S&G are the best-sellers in Boots.

    1. Soap & Glory™ RICH & FOAMOUS™ Dual-Use Shower & Bath Body Wash


    2. Soap & Glory Flake Away ™ Body Scrub


    3. Burt's Bees Fabulosly Fresh Peppermint & Rosemary Body Wash
    Last edited by klimax; 14th January 2014 at 01:31 PM.

  24. #24
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    13,283

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    Try one of each?
    Boots often have multi-buys as well.

  25. #25

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    Aveeno uses Parabens, there are three different ones in the Baby Soothing Lotion. Also, they use Petroleum which is a by product of oil. Back in the day, so to speak, guys working on the oil rigs in the US noticed this waxy clear substance oozing out of the nuts and bolts of the piping and just thought to put it on their cuts, it was hard work. And Vaseline was born and that's Petrolium and Mineral oil.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Oops! Not irritant, but there is scientific evidence that Parabens have been found in skin tissue with cancerous tissue. So, Parabens may be Cancer causing, not an irritant!

  26. #26

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Try one of each?
    Boots often have multi-buys as well.
    I seriously don't have the money to buy anything and everything. I bought Eucerin but gonna throw that in the trash now without using it. Anyways I've decided to go with St Ives and that's the end of it all:
    ABOUT ST.IVES
    Founded over 25 years ago, the St Ives brand set out to create a quality line of skin care products inspired by nature. Since then St. Ives has been dedicated to bringing you the best of nature with formulas that delight the senses and they leave your skin with a soft, fresh feel. We understand that the little everyday choices we make help to better your life. That's why St. Ives is a formulator of quality products.Today St Ives products have a presence globally in over 100 countries, and women all over the world love its flagship product Apricot Scrub. In the UK, as in many other countries St Ives Scrubs are the No. 1 Scrub brand*.
    St Ives provides natural solutions for healthy looking skin

  27. #27
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    13,283

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajmcguire View Post
    Aveeno uses Parabens, there are three different ones in the Baby Soothing Lotion. Also, they use Petroleum which is a by product of oil. Back in the day, so to speak, guys working on the oil rigs in the US noticed this waxy clear substance oozing out of the nuts and bolts of the piping and just thought to put it on their cuts, it was hard work. And Vaseline was born and that's Petrolium and Mineral oil.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Oops! Not irritant, but there is scientific evidence that Parabens have been found in skin tissue with cancerous tissue. So, Parabens may be Cancer causing, not an irritant!
    A bit like the air then

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by klimax View Post
    I seriously don't have the money to buy anything and everything. I bought Eucerin but gonna throw that in the trash now without using it. Anyways I've decided to go with St Ives and that's the end of it all:
    ABOUT ST.IVES
    Founded over 25 years ago, the St Ives brand set out to create a quality line of skin care products inspired by nature. Since then St. Ives has been dedicated to bringing you the best of nature with formulas that delight the senses and they leave your skin with a soft, fresh feel. We understand that the little everyday choices we make help to better your life. That's why St. Ives is a formulator of quality products.Today St Ives products have a presence globally in over 100 countries, and women all over the world love its flagship product Apricot Scrub. In the UK, as in many other countries St Ives Scrubs are the No. 1 Scrub brand*.
    St Ives provides natural solutions for healthy looking skin
    Hope you enjoy using them, klimax - the apricot one sounds yummy

  28. #28

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    A bit like the air then

    - - - Updated - - -



    Hope you enjoy using them, klimax - the apricot one sounds yummy

    The apricot scrub contains titanium dioxide. The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) lists titanium dioxide in all its forms as an animal carcinogen and a possible human carcinogen.

    That alone wouldn't stop me from using it but perhaps the OP is more discerning. In fact, I've tried it before but found it way too abrasive and drying.

  29. #29

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    Titanium dioxide is listed as a safe pigment, with no known adverse effects when used in cosmetics, and approved by the FDA when 99% pure. It is not listed as a carcinogen, mutagen, teratogen, comedogen, toxin or as a trigger for contact dermatitis in any other safety regulatory publications beside the NIOSH (Antczak, 2001; Physical & Theoretical Chemical Laboratory, Oxford University respectively), with the exception of the recent IARC designation. It is reasonable to conclude then, that titanium dioxide is not a cancer-causing substance unless exposure is beyond safe limits during manufacturing using this substance. It is considered safe for use in foods, drugs, paints and cosmetics. This does not end the debate, however, as controversy over the safety of one unique form of titanium dioxide still exists.

    http://www.organicmakeup.ca/ca/titaniumdioxide.asp

    St Ives really dries your skin but I use Pure Argan Oil after and since it is a matifying oil, it leaves your skin in good condition.
    Last edited by klimax; 15th January 2014 at 12:24 PM.

  30. #30
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    13,283

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    Thanks for the info., klimax!

  31. #31

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    I found a little more info on titanium dioxide here:

    http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ingredie...ANIUM_DIOXIDE/

    Once you start using the Salux towels you ordered Klimax, I doubt you'll want to use a scrub too anyway.

  32. #32

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Thanks for the info., klimax!
    Which Burts Bees do u use again???

    Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    I found a little more info on titanium dioxide here:

    http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ingredie...ANIUM_DIOXIDE/

    Once you start using the Salux towels you ordered Klimax, I doubt you'll want to use a scrub too anyway.
    I quite like the St Ives, the smell is fruity and it doesn't linger. Which is very important because I don't want the smell to stay with me once I'm out the shower. I believe that's what perfumes are for. There's a massive difference I feel with using a body scrub such as St Ives with my 100% Nylon exfoliating gloves vs a normal body wash shower gel with 100% Nylon exfoliating gloves. The gloves are harsher than Salux so although I haven't used the Salux yet, I don't think it will smoothen out skin as much as gloves with or without a body scrub. The Salux is 60% Polyester and 40% Nylon (regular). A body scrub with a Salux or exfoliating gloves gives a deeper level of exfoliation=softer skin. But we are all different though so how I percieve soft and how u perceive soft is all a matter of opinion, also it could be a gender thing.

    What does this part of text mean (copied from ewg link):
    "Limited evidence of carcinogenicity (only for products that may be aerosolized (airborne)) "

    - - - Updated - - -

    I know St Ives Body scrub says u shouldn't but I think u should dilute it with water and then it wouldn't be so harsh or abrasive on the skin
    Last edited by klimax; 15th January 2014 at 08:20 PM.

  33. #33

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    In my experience, gloves do a good job, almost as good as a Salux towel, but need to be replaced much more often. My perception has less to do with gender than actually using something myself prior to having an opinion about how it felt.

  34. #34

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    Dr. Bonner's

  35. #35

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    In my experience, gloves do a good job, almost as good as a Salux towel, but need to be replaced much more often. My perception has less to do with gender than actually using something myself prior to having an opinion about how it felt.
    Is Salux better than a microdermabrasion washcloth?

  36. #36
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    82,637

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    Bliss Hot Salt Scrub

    (3225)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

  37. #37
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    13,283

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    Quote Originally Posted by klimax View Post
    Which Burts Bees do u use again??


    What does this part of text mean (copied from ewg link):
    "Limited evidence of carcinogenicity (only for products that may be aerosolized (airborne)) "
    Only the pomegranate lip stuff!
    (I don't do body scrub).

    The text quoted means that the stuff might be harmful if sniffed a lot in an airborne product, so it shouldn't be a worry incorporated into a liquid product afaik.

  38. #38

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Only the pomegranate lip stuff!
    (I don't do body scrub).

    The text quoted means that the stuff might be harmful if sniffed a lot in an airborne product, so it shouldn't be a worry incorporated into a liquid product afaik.
    Cool. I'm not using the St Ives anymore. I'm just using pure water. Skin conditions are caused by chemicals and apparently you shouldn't treat it with other chemicals? At least it's faster this way.

    Anyone here use a spacloth? The Salux cloth has been around longer. I don't understand though, the Salux is patented, and so is the spacloth. Can they really be that different that they require individual patents. I'd really like to know what the patents are.
    The spacloth is 50% cotton and 50% nylon. Salux regular is 60% nylon 40% polyester. I would like to know what kind of cotton because I read the normal cotton is bad for skin, egyptian cotton is better.

    http://www.spacloth.com/

  39. #39
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    13,283

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    Skin conditions are caused by all sorts of things - everything on earth is made of chemicals - even water!

  40. #40

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Skin conditions are caused by all sorts of things - everything on earth is made of chemicals - even water!
    ok but using a body cleanser/scrub and not using anything besides water during a shower, i haven't noticed a difference when i apply mosituriser afterwards. It feels the same with or without a body wash/scrub. I think I might also buy a spacloth deluxe. It's made of a different material to Salux.

    more info on spacloth
    http://media.wix.com/ugd/763df5_0448...0cad3204ac.pdf
    Last edited by klimax; 1st February 2014 at 02:33 PM.

  41. #41

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    My Spa cloth deluxe has arrived. The description is as follows: The exfoliating hybrid washcloth blends pleats of cotton and nylon".

    Spa cloth deluxe is the ultimate in pampering and relaxation. The doubles-sided 50/50 blend of cotton and nylon is better than a loofah, scrub brush and washcloth combined, with a luxurious exfoliating power won't believe. TWO SIDES of patented three-dimensional pleats massage entire body, improving blood circulation and brining a new glow to your complexion. The SpaCloth texture sloughs away dead skin, dirt and grime, revealing healthier, radiant you. Let SpaCloth Deluxe's thick, plush layers caress your skin and wash your cares away; Spa-quality pampering at home. SpaCloth Deluxe- the last bath cloth you'll every buy.

    I have yet to use it, but it does look like a luxury product. My Salux hasn't arrived so I can't test that out yet. But one thing in common is they're both made in Japan.

    - - - Updated - - -

    ive used spacloth. what i dont get is why is there 2 layers of cloth, one cloth over the over but joined as though there is only one cloth. i dont see the point???

  42. #42
    Basenotes Junkie ErinK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    799

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    So many lovely products mentioned here! My personal favorite daily scrub is Lush Buffy, will repurchase forever. Could not live without it. Recommended if you want to try a scrub bar.



    Ingredients: Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Ground Rice, Ground Almonds, Ground Aduki Beans, Fragrance , Lavender Oil , Lemon Oil, Citral , Limonene, Linalool

  43. #43

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    I'm gonna try Rhassoul Clay. It sounds like good stuff.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Used rhassoul clay. it leaves your skin ultra smooth and extremely soft. however i cant justify the price. it is so expensive because its a spa quality treatment. as i guy, i'll skip this.

  44. #44

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    My salux came, i only used regular one so far but it is miles better than spacloth deluxe. spacloth looks better but on skin contact the salux wins and u can do hand-to-hand scrubbing, whereas in spacloth deluxe u cant. The only thing spacloth deluxe has going for it is that it has a peg where u can hook it up to dry.

    - - - Updated - - -

    got my salux early in the week. I tried both, the super hard seems to dry the skin, i dont notice any big differemce compared to the regular. also the super hard blue colour is purple which is fine for me i guess because i like purple the colour.

  45. #45

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    I swear by Clinique's Body Sparkle Skin Exfoliating Cream.

  46. #46

    Default whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yakubov View Post
    As for me I have used pure chimp super body cream to have my skin smooth and clear.
    Highly recommended to try.
    Fancy that, you were touting pure chimp tea for weight loss recently as well. Quelle surprise!

  47. #47
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    13,283

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yakubov View Post
    As for me I have used pure chimp super body cream to have my skin smooth and clear.
    Highly recommended to try.
    Do you have any connection to Pure Chimp, Yakubov?

  48. #48

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Do you have any connection to Pure Chimp, Yakubov?
    Of course they do.
    DONNA

  49. #49

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    I have used pure chimp super body combo and it makes my skin clear and smooth and well-moisturized.

  50. #50
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    13,283

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    There appears to be a Pure Chimp 'Tell a Friend' reward scheme.

    I think that we may consider ourselves thoroughly told
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

  51. #51

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kwanty View Post
    I have used pure chimp super body combo and it makes my skin clear and smooth and well-moisturized.
    I see what you mean:


  52. #52

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    For Body Cleanser, I strongly suggest to use ReVive products.

  53. #53

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    Natural scrubs really work for me it is so light and non-irritating. I make my own body scrub at home using some ingredients that is found in my kitchen like sugar and lemon juice. This scrub really helps my skin lighten and clean. I also use honey sometimes because it has a good benefit for the skin.

  54. #54

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    For body cleansing for a guy I try to find stuff that doesn't smell to fruity and found Axiom for Men. They have a good cleansing shower gel that gets rid of all the excess oil I have on my skin and leaves it nice a smooth which I love because now in the winter my skin gets really dry so this helps a lot. There body cleaner is called Pearlized Cleansing Gel and I think you guys should check it out.

  55. #55

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisyx21 View Post
    For body cleansing for a guy I try to find stuff that doesn't smell to fruity and found Axiom for Men. They have a good cleansing shower gel that gets rid of all the excess oil I have on my skin and leaves it nice a smooth which I love because now in the winter my skin gets really dry so this helps a lot. There body cleaner is called Pearlized Cleansing Gel and I think you guys should check it out.
    Welcome chrisyx21! That stuff must be great judging by the number of posts you've made about it. Do you have a favorite fragrance too?

  56. #56

    Default Re: whats best body cleanser/scrub?

    Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    Welcome chrisyx21! That stuff must be great judging by the number of posts you've made about it. Do you have a favorite fragrance too?
    Yep I love it. But the fragrance I use I got as a gift is Michael Kors and I love it.

Similar Threads

  1. Whats your Favorite Body Wash/ Shampoo / Deodorant of a Cologne?
    By Hasupk@gmail.com in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 19th February 2011, 05:18 AM
  2. face soap/cleanser
    By flashpoint321 in forum Men's Grooming
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 23rd November 2009, 08:52 PM
  3. Coffee in fragrances, does it act as a cleanser?
    By TheReservist in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 23rd February 2007, 10:23 PM
  4. Whats wrong with perfume body products?
    By yanna in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 13th March 2006, 05:06 PM
  5. new cleanser
    By Nemesis in forum Men's Grooming
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 7th June 2005, 11:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000