Code of Conduct

Talking I NEED your expertise

I am a novice guy, but completely obsessed scent hound. I have been doing my research and have developed a list of my first decants. Could you take a sec to look at them. I am looking for comments about the overall list. Is there any type of frag. segment overlooked (probably)? Be brutal but gentle. Thank you.

Amouage-Salalah Green EDP
    Amouage XXV
    Kilian-Straight to Heaven
    Humiecki & Graef-Eau Radieuse
    Lubin-Idole(great bottle isnt it?)
    Keiko Mecheri-Paname
    Odin-04 Petrana
    Parfum d'Empire-Wazamba
    CdGarcons-Kyoto
    Soliani-Freschimo

And I willing be buying Antidote from V&R, Tuscan Soul from Ferragamo

Should keep me smiling for at least four to six months. Thanks loads for your help.

Rex

Default Re: I NEED your expertise

I like that you have done your research and have been brave enough to go for the jugular so to speak. Nice list although I would go for Beyond Love/A Taste of Heaven from By Kilian. Another scent similar to Lubin Idole but more refined Parfum d'Empire's Ambre Russe try it.
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Quite a daunting list of fantastic fragrances there, but the three that I have -- either as a small sample or larger decants -- are Salalah Green, which is fantastic, Odin's 04 Petrana, whose opening notes are dark and spellbinding, yet utterly gorgeous, and Wazamba, which is next on my list of purchases, for sure. As was said previously, you did start with a big bang. Congratulations on your already fine taste!

Thank you both for your input. Please keep it coming I would appreciate it. Thursday is the day Im putting my order in.

Amouage Salalah Green? never heard of it, discontinued or middle east exclusive?

Look like a nice list, except for Straight to heaven, not a very impressive oud fragrance. I think Tom Ford Oud Wood is a better one to try. but hey, your call.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekove View Post
    Amouage Salalah Green? never heard of it, discontinued or middle east exclusive?

Look like a nice list, except for Straight to heaven, not a very impressive oud fragrance. I think Tom Ford Oud Wood is a better one to try. but hey, your call.
    That Amouage is available at only Harrods. I appreciate your idea about the Killian. It doesnt seem like a good idea now. Thats why I asked everyone. Excellent

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Hey, Rex. Nice first list you got there! Straight to Heaven is never meant to be an 'oud-centric' fragrance in the first place. I find it enjoyable though it is rather similar to Jubilation XXV so if I were you I would get one or the other. For By Kilian, I'd give A Taste of Heaven (elegant lavender) or Back to Black (honey + tobacco) a shot.

Happy sniffing!

The orders have gone in. I wanted to extend my thanks to you for your input. And I did make the changes that were advised.
    This fall I am going to be the best smelling man in town. I hope anyway.