Code of Conduct

Default New guy needs help

Hello Everyone,

I have been trolling around basenotes for a little while and really appreciate everyones reviews. I have been a Creed Green Irish Tweed user for about 10 years and I'm ready for a change. I would like someting I could wear all year that does not smell like every kid at the mall on Saturday night, nothing aqua or summer or overly commercial. I recently have been sampling Bond AW silver factory and I like it but once the initial blast wears off its seems to become a little boring at least on my skin. I'm interested in something that is unique and has some depth plus it needs to last all day. I could stick with the Creed house but I would prefer to try something different, just for a change. I actually like the incense smell of the silver factory but the dry down seems alot less complex. I also like the idea of vanilla but I'm cautious to try something to feminine. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!

DeepSilence

Default Re: New guy needs help

I didn't try that Silver Factory to have a clue. But i can tell you my favourites. Santos De Cartier, Must De Cartier, , Gucci Envy, Armani Eau Pour Homme, Eau Sauvage, Escada Homme(this one has low projection, but it's really nice), and Pasha De Cartier, Drakkar Noir.
    If you want more strong and masculine scents, i can suggest you these: Aramis Devin, Lalique Pour Homme, Kouros, Bijan Black, Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan.

I suppose Riverside Drive by Bond no. 9 might fit the bill. Not a Creed, but a nice niche house to check out. RD is certainly the best of the limited Bonds that I've smelled. A great fruity woods smell that may be a bit more versatile than GIT IMO.

If you want to try something more classy, mature, elegant, and refined stuff, I will recommend CHANEL Pour Monsieur Concentree.

YSL M7
    Serge Lutens Chergui
    Tom For Amber Absolute
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Tom Ford Grey Vetiver

Or if you have the money, explore the Amouage and Frederic Malle lines.

git is what i would wear all year round, original vetiver might work for you, or aventus.

+1 for the Eau Sauvage and Chanel Pour Monsieur recommendations. You might like something like Bvlgari Black or Guerlain Vetiver.

Serge Lutens
    Amouage
    Parfums de Nicolai

Thanks everyone! I'll begin trying some of the suggestions tomorrow. This one "CHANEL Pour Monsieur Concentree" although much less than I would normally spend on cologne seems interesting. I would love to try Amouage but no one here has it in stock to sample it.

Quote Originally Posted by tcadaniel View Post
    Thanks everyone! I'll begin trying some of the suggestions tomorrow. This one "CHANEL Pour Monsieur Concentree" although much less than I would normally spend on cologne seems interesting. I would love to try Amouage but no one here has it in stock to sample it.
    Where are you from?

If north america, try a website called Parfum Raffy, they sell samples $6 each, they're 2ml sprayer samples, so enough for a couple of wearings.

Or, order directly from Amouage's website. They have a 6 sample set that goes for $45 or something, but they usually give you all the male samples if you order the set. So you'll get 6 sample set + 4 or so extra samples. That's all in all 20ml of juice for $50, a very good deal. Amouage might be expensive, but luckily they sell samples at a very affordable price. You'll be paying the same $/ml as you would buying a full bottle.

And I still recommend you look into Serge Lutens, Tom Ford and Frederic Malle, even Montale. All of them have unique creations, Serge Lutens being the most unique. If your budget is very high, I recommend going to a website like luckyscent, parfumsraffy, or even the perfume court(that one is a ripoff, I warn you). And invest $50, which should get you anywhere from 10 to 20 niche samples. And see what you like, that of course if you don't have the luxury of having a store near you that offers many brands.

Thanks Ekove,

I stopped at the mall and tried CHANEL Pour Monsieur Concentree. I thought it was good but not great. Per your advice, since I live in Pennsylvania, I have contacted Luckyscent and ordered some samples of the scents you recommended. This way I can try them before I invest in a whole bottle. I'll keep you posted. Thanks!