Code of Conduct

Default Citrus frags wanted.

I've tried Chanel Pour Homme which is considered to be a pure classic. But all I get is this smell of cheap detergent. The citrus is to overwhelming. Maybe its just me... Well it probably is. And I'm not so familiar with these sort of fragrances.
    I want something that is warm, that has a laid back citrus note that doesnt dominate the whole fragrance too much, and not too fresh. I dont know if there are sucha citrus fragrance out there but give me some suggestions on what you think I should look for.

Default Re: Citrus frags wanted.

Have you tried Chanel Allure Homme Blanche? It may a bit of a longshot as I found it fairly fresh (Which is something that you were not keen on) however, its mixed in with a certain creamyness which makes it a bit warmer. Longevity is great, and its a wonderful cologne overall - Something to consider.

Sur la Plage

You might want to try Laura Tonatto Iss.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I guess that kinda depends on what you mean by "warm". If warm means a bit woodsy, maybe Bond No. 9 Riverside Drive or Paul Smith Extreme. If warm means something a bit musky or incensy, maybe give
    Calvin Klein Man a try.

What about Bel Ami Hermès? I havent tried it, just heard about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Siifter View Post
    I've tried Chanel Pour Homme which is considered to be a pure classic. But all I get is this smell of cheap detergent. The citrus is to overwhelming. Maybe its just me... Well it probably is. And I'm not so familiar with these sort of fragrances.
    I want something that is warm, that has a laid back citrus note that doesnt dominate the whole fragrance too much, and not too fresh. I dont know if there are sucha citrus fragrance out there but give me some suggestions on what you think I should look for.
    If you mean Chanel Pour Monsieur, then a scent that is a much more modern, yet still warm and spicy/woody in the base, with a huge lemon blast up front that progresses warm like Chanel PM, or YSL Haute Concentration type scents......Creed's Scent of Oger is the absolute Paragon of these types of Citrus-to-warm-spicy-woods type frags. The wood isn't quite as strong as the wood/moss in Chanel Pour monsieur, but it is spicier and much more contemporary than Chanel PM by a good margin. It's not too "modern", with dry/woody elements alot like Bois Du Portugal, Scent of Oger just happens to be alot less dated, yet similar in progression/style to scents like Chanel Pour Monsieur. Act quick as there may only be 1 or 2 left in the world.

Signoricci by Nina Ricci, or Ricci Club.

Oops. Yeah, I thought "Monsieur" but "Homme" was what came out. Creed Scent of Oger? I'll look it up. Thanks!

MPG's newer versions of Racine are what I would call a "laid back citrus-to-warm earthy/woody notes", but this is one where the citrus really doesn't dominate at all, the warm earthy vetiver dominates. The reason I stress newer 100ml versions, as opposed to vintage 90ml versions, is the newer have more citrus punch to them.

Another citrus-to-warm spice scent that is likely too fresh/green for you:
    Geoffrey Been's Bowling Green
    It starts with a giant blast of lemon/Verbena, which lasts quite awhile, but gives way to a sweet spices (cinnamon/clove) and greens accord. there are also plenty of woody notes under the entire composition, with some semblance of the warm spiciness present throughout it. Very classic and "laid back citrus" with spices/warmth, but not in the style of Chanel Pour Monsieur, to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    Acqua Viva has utterly dominant citrus, huge lemon power in that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Siifter View Post

I'm going to recommend Contradiction for Man. It's a citrus that is blended with spices that helps to tone down the 'perkiness' of the citrus and give it a warmth.

I went to the perfume boutique and tried Chanel Pour Monsieur today. I've tried it before but only on paper. My opinion then was that it smelled like detergent with a too offensive scent of citrus. But when I tried it on my skin I had an epiphany. How could I reject it? It is divine! I gotta get a bottle of it! I need it! I yearn for it! I... Crave for it! lol

Citoyen

Banned

CK One Summer - Calvin Klein.
    It smells like a lemon meringue, and it's very, very strong.