Code of Conduct

Thread: Halston's

Default Halston's

Hello Everyone, new to the forum. I'm hoping someone will be able to help me. I have worn Halston's since it came out in 1975 (I believe)..the last bottle I started to use doesn't have the same fragrance...then I read others were having the same reaction..so I was wondering if anyone knows of a fragrance that is similar...

Thanks for your help.

Deb

Default Re: Halston's

Hi Deb, and welcome to Basenotes!

I love the original Halston and still wear the vintage stuff quite frequently. It has been reformulated and the change is noticable, but unfortunately, it's still the closest thing to the original that I've come across. The only thing I can recommend is trying to locate a vintage bottle or two - they still show up on eBay from time to time and you can tell the difference by the small script "Halston" written across the bottom of the bottle. The original doesn't have the signature.

Original -

Reformulation -

Sorry I couldn't point you to something similar and still in production, but I hope this helps! Keep watching this thread though as someone else might know of a better solution for you - good luck!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Other chypres like Clinique Aromatics Elixir, Paloma Picasso, Niki de St. Phalle, and Gucci No. 3 are worth checking out to see what you think.

I just saw Evangeline's post, and I agree. You should be able to find vintage bottles of Halston without too much trouble.

Good luck!

Sur la Plage

Have you tried Halston Woman, that was released in 2009?

Halston presents a new fragrant pair Halston Woman and Halston Man, which will be launched under license of the house of Elizabeth Arden. Carlos Benaim of IFF was chosen to interpret and improve compositions of two classics: Halston for Women from 1975 and Haston Z-14 for men. It is interesting that back in 1975 Carlos Benaim used to work as junior perfumer with Bernard Chant on creation of the first fragrance. Its update was made as a modern reverse of original ingredients with structure adapted to the new concept. Benaim said himself: "I followed the basic idea, but added ingredients that were not available when the first scents were launched."

Halston Woman is a fragrance for woman which incorporates Sicilian bergamot, marigold, black currant, rose, iris root, rose absolute, jasmine petals, along with patchouli, sandalwood and amber. It is available as 30, 50 and 100 ml EDP.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Blog Entries

I liked the original but thought it was too strong. I wonder if I would like this new one more.

I am lucky I have Halston parfum version in an 8ml spray. Bought a few some years back for next to nothing. One of the rare perfumes I actually get compliments on wearing.
    DONNA

Thanks everyone, it's such a shame, they took a perfect fragrance and had to mess with it....Donna I know what you mean, I always got compliments. In addition, when I first sprayed it on, I would get such a sense of well being...I just loved it..I guess that's it then...such a loss.
    I've tried others because I knew it would probably go away, but haven't had much luck in finding anything I like as much...I'll check out Noggs suggestions...who knows, I may fall in love with something else....

Thanks again everyone...
    Deb

PS Noggs, I just noticed you were in Dhahran...we left there two years ago...