Code of Conduct

Default Creed Spice and Woods available for purchase!!!

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Creed Spice and Woods available for purchase!!!

Thanks Cairomerta. It's for men but I must say ,the notes are all my favorites. What a huge atomiser and a beautiful bottle !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I agree. i am glad they got rid of that pump too. Cant stand that thing!

An 8.4 oz spray!

Will this thread be longer than the Aventus one?

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    Thanks Cairomerta. It's for men but I must say ,the notes are all my favorites. What a huge atomiser and a beautiful bottle !
    Mimi Gardenia, the House of Creed reports:

Spice and Wood is the luxury asset hand made for men -- but also intensely enjoyed by women.

So please enjoy it for yourself! It would be sad otherwise.

I just said F* it and pre-ordered this. I'll be turning 50 in November and have been looking for something to treat myself with (fragrance wise). It says it will ship Nov. 1st and my birthday is the 8th. Perfect timing Creed!

Two other things I noticed:

(1) The name is Spice and Wood, not Spice and Woods.

(2) There are two wood notes listed:

(a) a hint of white birch

(b) pungent cedar

... and that's it for wood! No sandalwood or other exotic wood. From the description, cedar is the dominant wood!

Of course, there is more to this scent than these two woods and I would not judge it without smelling it. But the choice of wood notes is interesting by itself.

Is this another USA only release, as there is no mention of this on the Creed UK site and nothing showing for the Sublime Vanille either?

Ha ha.. "Intensely enjoyed by women".. -How can they know? It hasn`t been releesed yet!

^haha word.
    Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    Two other things I noticed:

(1) The name is Spice and Wood, not Spice and Woods.

(2) There are two wood notes listed:

(a) a hint of white birch

(b) pungent cedar

... and that's it for wood! No sandalwood or other exotic wood. From the description, cedar is the dominant wood!

Of course, there is more to this scent than these two woods and I would not judge it without smelling it. But the choice of wood notes is interesting by itself.
    Interesting observation.
    I generally hate the synthetic, greasy, crude-oil-petroleum Cedar used in scents like Tumulte and Azzaro Visit. But i tend to like the dry/dusty natural Cedar like in the Windsor base where the Cedar was mixed with Tonka Bean and florals. If Spice and Wood turns out to be a strong, projecting EDP combo of Aventus Apple note(and no pineapple) mingling with Citral-heavy Lemon (like Cereus #4 apple/lemon combo), a superstrong dose of the Aventus Base (Patchouli, Oakmoss, Musk), and the Windsor base (cedar, floral notes, Tonka Bean), it should be my dream winter scent.

Here's to hoping this is a heavy one!!!

Basenotes Institution

According to a discussion with a Creed rep at Neimans last Saturday, Spice & Wood is supposed to be unveiled on or around early November, here at the Bal Harbour Neiman Marcus store, with an appearance by Mr. Erwin Creed himself. I look forward to smelling it.

Looking at the bottle I can't help but make a mental comparison to the Eau de Rochas bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321 View Post
    I just said F* it and pre-ordered this. I'll be turning 50 in November and have been looking for something to treat myself with (fragrance wise). It says it will ship Nov. 1st and my birthday is the 8th. Perfect timing Creed!
    Courageous of you!

Hope you like it and (early) Happy Birthday!

This sounds very nice.....One that I will have to sample when I have the chance.....Thanks for the info!!!
    Gary

I heard it is more transparant than anything, it sits on the skin nicely, it does not have the bite that vintage tabarome does but it is a very nicely done scent. I will definitely sample this one.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    According to a discussion with a Creed rep at Neimans last Saturday, Spice & Wood is supposed to be unveiled on or around early November, here at the Bal Harbour Neiman Marcus store, with an appearance by Mr. Erwin Creed himself. I look forward to smelling it.

Looking at the bottle I can't help but make a mental comparison to the Eau de Rochas bottle.

Both beautiful bottles.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    Mimi Gardenia, the House of Creed reports:

Spice and Wood is the luxury asset hand made for men -- but also intensely enjoyed by women.

So please enjoy it for yourself! It would be sad otherwise.
    I know-that gives me some comfort !

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321 View Post
    Good for you- it's the perfect self -gift, IMHO !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Well, I'll probably have to try this one, but for me to buy an 8.4 oz. bottle of a fragrance at this point would probably be insane given how many things I have in my collection, and at the $550 price tag, I'd have to love it beyond all measure. I think I may be talking myself out of trying it even as I type. I guess I'll wait to see what others think and then decide.

Man, I wish we could get a sniff of the stuff from somewhere. The Creed rep I spoke to several months ago said it smelled like a toned down Original Santal without the sweetness. Interesting, since Sandalwood isn't listed as an ingredient.

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    Man, I wish we could get a sniff of the stuff from somewhere. The Creed rep I spoke to several months ago said it smelled like a toned down Original Santal without the sweetness. Interesting, since Sandalwood isn't listed as an ingredient.
    Well since it does have cedarwood and the spices it is possible that it has similarities, but from what I know cedarwood is stronger than sandalwood to my nose it is a bit more invigorating and sharper so to speak.

what a beautiful bottle! I can't wait to smell it!
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I think Mrs. J would see that I have a very present obituary should that be ordered in the current size. Will it be released in their standard sizes ever?

Angelica, Iris, clove and apples?

This sounds fantastic. Too bad about the size, though. 8.4 ounces is absurd, even if the price per ml is really quite fair.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Love that ad copy - last line, "Spice and Wood is the easiest Creed ever to enjoy." Er, yeah, except for the part about the $550 price tag. Not so easy, I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    Love that ad copy - last line, "Spice and Wood is the easiest Creed ever to enjoy." Er, yeah, except for the part about the $550 price tag. Not so easy, I'd say.
    easy for them lol

How many of these bottles were actually released?
    John
    Fragrance Reviews & Splits on YouTube
    Http://www.YouTube.com/user/itmllc

I'll get acquiring this soon. Once I reach the milestone of finishing this semester in about 1 more week, I will reward myself with this to start the new year out in!

I got to smell it a while back and I do see the connection between spice and wood and french lover by frederic malle.

Quote Originally Posted by Inscentz View Post
    How many of these bottles were actually released?
    It's not limited production, it's part of the regular lineup, and will be produced until the sales get really bad, I assume.

If this is like French Lover I'm not going near it. It didn't work at all (FL/Bois d'Orage) with my skin chemistry, as much as I wanted it to -- it has some very appealing notes in it and it's quite robust. Now for the Creed - I've just not bothered to purchase S&W yet. Sublime Vanille rocked my world insofar as how horribly mediocre it was, and continues to be. I feel badly even giving what I have left of it away. So my enthusiasm to try this based on what I expect it to be is dampened. I *will* be trying it, and probably doing so by investing in a portion of a flacon split, but if it's of the same caliber as Sublime Vanille I won't be pleased and it will be a long time before I take any chance in any new Creed fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyDG View Post
    Sublime Vanille rocked my world insofar as how horribly mediocre it was, and continues to be. I feel badly even giving what I have left of it away..
    just curious... are you a vanilla lover?

i can see how one would be disappointed in SV if they thought it was a vanilla-influenced cologne with other aspects to it. obviously, it's not. it's just a straightforward translation of the vanilla essence in fragrance form. but i can't see how any lover of vanilla would be disappointed with it. I would think vanilla-lovers (not me) would be crazy for it. i can certainly appreciate it's quality though.

it's kinda like if someone were a black pepper fanatic, that Mark Jacobs Bang would be their holy frickin grail. same with vanilla freaks and Sublime Vanille.

just my opinion... please don't anyone take horrible insult or call me a shill because i just said SV is good quality.

I love Guerlain SDV, Shalimar, and vanilla in many, many other fragrances including Angelique Encens by Creed, Felanilla by PG and several others.

Quote Originally Posted by gecko88 View Post
    just curious... are you a vanilla lover?
    Well this is my problem - I love vanilla but not cheap vanilla. This was a cheap vanilla scent - actually a lemon/musk/vanilla that sat on my skin and did nothing except lose the citrus top-notes and eventually reveal a synthetic and cheap musk! I don't think there is any quality to Sublime Vanille, whatsoever. There are fragrances at a fraction of the price that do it much better.

Quote Originally Posted by gecko88
    i can see how one would be disappointed in SV if they thought it was a vanilla-influenced cologne with other aspects to it. obviously, it's not. it's just a straightforward translation of the vanilla essence in fragrance form. but i can't see how any lover of vanilla would be disappointed with it. I would think vanilla-lovers (not me) would be crazy for it. i can certainly appreciate it's quality though.
    Actually Piper Nigrum by Villoresi would probably be their holy frickin grail, for black pepper For vanilla freaks they (present company included) seem to love one of several: SDV, Tobacco Vanille, Shalimar, etc. Sublime Vanille doesn't even enter into the equation. I just don't think it is creative enough, nor is it quality enough, to be mentioned in the same sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by gecko88
    it's kinda like if someone were a black pepper fanatic, that Mark Jacobs Bang would be their holy frickin grail. same with vanilla freaks and Sublime Vanille.

just my opinion... please don't anyone take horrible insult or call me a shill because i just said SV is good quality.

I find it interesting about the musk Anthony I felt it smelled like synthetic body odor, I did not care for the scent myself, I like my vanilla with spice and some wood like musc ravageur or even tobacco vanille that has the spice and tobacco and gives it a warmer and more masculine feel.

For vanilla freaks they (present company included) seem to love one of several: SDV, Tobacco Vanille, Shalimar, etc..
    well that's exactly what I'm saying... all of those frags are NOT pure vanilla fragrances. Tobacco Vanille smells like a big chocolate brownie to me.

Sublime Vanille is a strict "ode" to vanilla. Again, that is obviously not what you're looking for, but that was their intention, and they pulled it off pretty well. definitely an extremely niche target audience, which probably means sales are rather poor.

I love Guerlain SDV, Shalimar, and vanilla in many, many other fragrances including Angelique Encens by Creed, Felanilla by PG and several others.

Well this is my problem - I love vanilla but not cheap vanilla. This was a cheap vanilla scent - actually a lemon/musk/vanilla that sat on my skin and did nothing except lose the citrus top-notes and eventually reveal a synthetic and cheap musk! I don't think there is any quality to Sublime Vanille, whatsoever. There are fragrances at a fraction of the price that do it much better.

Actually Piper Nigrum by Villoresi would probably be their holy frickin grail, for black pepper For vanilla freaks they (present company included) seem to love one of several: SDV, Tobacco Vanille, Shalimar, etc. Sublime Vanille doesn't even enter into the equation. I just don't think it is creative enough, nor is it quality enough, to be mentioned in the same sentence.
    I concur....Sublime Vanille (not SV, Selection Verte is SV) was a very unimpressive dud imo. Guerlain, Micallef, Tom Ford all make better high end contemporary vanilla offerings. Spice and Wood is unfortuneatly another dud....it'a a cedar/black-pepper EDC, with a little bit of Malle's Bois D'Orage mixed in. Frankly, I like Marc Jacobs Bang about the same, but the Marc Jacobs, while qualitatively far lower, has alot more personality and character.

They aren't pure vanilla fragrances, but the way that SDV interprets vanilla is absolute genius... sure it's not pure vanilla, there's a nice dose of booze/rum and woods.. but it's how it is blended superbly to deliver the quintessential vanilla fragrance. I've tried hard and have actually been frustrated to not find another vanilla fragrance of its caliber.

I would love a fragrance that gives me a strict ode to vanilla. I looked forward to what Creed would do with vanilla and Sublime Vanille is what was delivered. Seriously?? This is the same house that made Angelique Encens? I like the citrus + vanilla + musk concept... but it just wasn't executed well and I hold to my statement that it truly smells cheap. It's also rather humorous that this is sold only in the fancy 8.4 oz flacons. I can't think of a fragrance from Creed less deserving of its place in the Royal Exclusives and lavish presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by gecko88 View Post
    well that's exactly what I'm saying... all of those frags are NOT pure vanilla fragrances. Tobacco Vanille smells like a big chocolate brownie to me.

Sublime Vanille is a strict "ode" to vanilla. Again, that is obviously not what you're looking for, but that was their intention, and they pulled it off pretty well. definitely an extremely niche target audience, which probably means sales are rather poor.

I shan't confuse Selection Verte with Sublime Vanille You got it dead on about the personality and character - I feel Sublime Vanille has none of either. As for the quality of ingredients, am I wrong on Sublime Vanille? The "precious blends of musks" and all of that hooey, as advertised.. I kept my expectations cautiously low and still walked away from this fragrance feeling completely disappointed. If Gecko88 is right, I'm missing an important, strict ode to vanilla (I keep thinking of Shalimar Ode a la Vanille typing that!)

Getting back to S&W... a lot of people hypothesizing about it named Bois du Portugal and various CdG works, from my recollection of the threads. I fear that the days of Creed releasing fragrances like BdP could be over, replaced by soulless mediocrity like Sublime Vanille.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    I concur....Sublime Vanille (not SV, Selection Verte is SV) was a very unimpressive dud imo. Guerlain, Micallef, Tom Ford all make better high end contemporary vanilla offerings. Spice and Wood is unfortuneatly another dud....it'a a cedar/black-pepper EDC, with a little bit of Malle's Bois D'Orage mixed in. Frankly, I like Marc Jacobs Bang about the same, but the Marc Jacobs, while qualitatively far lower, has alot more personality and character.

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

8.4oz?!?!?! Are you people using this to shower? Christ.

LOL - it sounds like you need to shower in it just to be able to smell it on your own skin... The real joke is the $650 price tag, or is it more than that now?

Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post
    8.4oz?!?!?! Are you people using this to shower? Christ.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I was surprised by how sweet this develops to be. And also by how good its longevity is, especially for a Creed (7 hours on me!)

I was changing my brake pads and rotors yesterday, and I'll be damned if the black-ashy brake dust....and the oily/greasy smell didn't remind me quite a bit, and vividly so, of the initial peppery/cedar/ash blast of Spice and Wood. And it kept reminding me of Spice and Wood, for a good 40 minutes or so. And I hadn't sprayed Spice and Wood on myself in 2 weeks, nor had Spice and Wood been sprayed on anything near the garage....it was just the grease, and ashy brake dust.

Quote Originally Posted by karlovonamesti View Post
    I was surprised by how sweet this develops to be. And also by how good its longevity is, especially for a Creed (7 hours on me!)
    i agree. wearing this tonight and falling in love with it again.

at first it opens up all wood. technically extremely impressive, but very austere. over time it gets sweeter and sweeter and that apple accord really blossoms. just a very well-built, intricate fragrance. so many notes in here that play well together.
    Last edited by GECKO; 14th December 2010 at 04:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GECKO View Post
    i agree. wearing this tonight and falling in love with it again.

at first it opens up all wood. impressive, but very austere. over time it gets sweeter and sweeter and that apple accord really blossoms. just a very well-built, intricate fragrance. so many notes in here that play well together.
    Very well put. Its so easy to wear and love. For this type of scent, it really is fresh and amazing. I can see wearing this anytime of year, much like my beloved Hinoki. Whereas, my SL Fille en Aiguilles, I feel is best in the dead of winter.

Where is the best place to get a decant of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde65 View Post
    Where is the best place to get a decant of this?
    I bought a sample from ThePerfumedCourt. They are fairly expensive. Keep an eye on the Items For Sale fourm. Maybe someone will be selling or hosting a split.

Just in case anyone is keeping track, I'd be interested in 30 - 50 ml of this too.

Quote Originally Posted by GECKO View Post
    Tobacco Vanille smells like a big chocolate brownie to me.
    A big chocolate brownie that just finished a cigar.
    - Expect the unexpected

Just found out the 'Royales Exclusives' are being released in 30ml bottles soon (Spice & Wood, White Flowers, Jardin D'Amalfi, Sublime Vanille) No word about Original Cologne but can't see why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    Just found out the 'Royales Exclusives' are being released in 30ml bottles soon (Spice & Wood, White Flowers, Jardin D'Amalfi, Sublime Vanille) No word about Original Cologne but can't see why not.

Do you know when this might be?

Welcomed news as now more people will be able to acquire them, should they choose.

Do you think that they will be available in 2oz and 4oz bottles anytime soon?
    Right now I think that I have all the fragrances that I want.

Available from the store in Paris now but everywhere else I'd imagine early 2012. Would have thought 75ml would follow shortly after.

I tried this at Neiman Marcus the other day. I liked it somewhat, but grew really tired of the birch tar accord in the scent after a few hours. It definitely didn't warrant me paying $575 for a bottle.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    It definitely didn't warrant me paying $575 for a bottle.
    Me neither. It's nothing I would want a split of either.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I don't bother wearing anything I don't absolutely love. It's a waste of a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I actually felt quite guilty for hosting a blind split of Spice and Wood. My expectations were very high, and it just failed on all fronts.

I like S&W, instead of the Pineapple + Oakmoss from Aventus, you have Apple + Oakmoss. Smells like big $$ money too.

I got a sample from TPC and thought it was wonderful. If it ever comes in a smaller bottle at a reasonable price I will be sorely tempted!

I went back to S&W after a couple of months and it held up really well. The mix of fruits, peppery clove, and the birch+tar cedar base is very attractive. Its a simple but very effective mix. Its just effortlessly chic. Some days I really can't stand the forced complexity or snobbery of "french perfumery" with loud and heavy notes, nostril shattering sillage and eye wateringly harsh quality of ingredients. S&W with its streamlined presentation of quality notes and both light and heavy elements is perfect for those days.
    -