Code of Conduct

Default Havana by Aramis out of production?

I'm very interested in Havana by Aramis after reading some nice reviews, the notes seems lovely too. The fragrance directory here on BN says it's still in production, but I can't find it anywhere. Nowhere in Sweden, not on fragrancex, not on Strawberrynet, not on FragranceNet. These are my usual sources, any other suggestions where to look, except ebay? Is it really still in production?

Default Re: Havana by Aramis out of production?

You can buy it from niemanmarcus.com

***not sure if they ship internationally

I know that I've seen this at Dillards.....I'm not sure if they ship internationally either.....I have seen this in the store.....I have never checked on line.....Gary

DeepSilence

I can't find it too! I heard it's very similar to Montana. I'll go for Montana PH.

Havana is on my wish list..
    I have seen it on some german online shops.
    The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

It was out of production for years, and Basenoters were selling various organs, family members, etc. To get a bottle. Then it came back - and at a great price, too!

Distribution remains a problem, though. The only place I've seen it is the Men's section of Neiman Marcus.

Do you know which year it was relaunched?

Edit: I just placed an order on parfumdreams.de, money was drawn from my account but didn't get any confirmation. Any experiences from this site?
    Last edited by irrbloss; 21st September 2010 at 08:27 PM.

It was relaunched in 2009. However, it wasn't released globally. There are some parts of the world that didn't get stock. Sweden was probably one of those places.

I would say ebay is your best bet.

Dependent

Irrbloss, I believe Havana was relaunched/repackaged as part of the Aramis Gentleman’s Collection along with other classics, in a similar style bottle, in the later part of last year. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. I acquired a decant of the original when it was still a rare and discontinued item. I've seen the new one at one or two discounters here, though it isn't as heavily marketed compared to other mainstream houses. They were selling for rather affordable prices too.

^^^ What mathewfoo said.

I have a bottle of the discontinued version of Aramis Havana Reserva that I love and wear on occasion, but I haven't tried the new version that is out now. As long as it's close, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Estee Lauder have a deliberate policy of distributing only certain frags of the Aramis line in particular countries. This was confirmed at a recent training session for distributors here in Nigeria, where Havana is not made available. Daft policy, if you ask me.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Quote Originally Posted by irrbloss View Post
    Edit: I just placed an order on parfumdreams.de, money was drawn from my account but didn't get any confirmation. Any experiences from this site?
    I've ordered from parfumdreams.de several times. They have great stuff and always deliver, but are lousy at communicating (in my experience).

It's very weird, because the collection included seven scents - JHL, Devin, 900, Tuscany, New West, Life and Havana - six of those are available almost everywhere here in the UK, but I've never seen Havana... I have no idea why they would have chosen to single this one out for limited distribution.

Default Havana by Aramis out of production?

Quote Originally Posted by tott

I've ordered from parfumdreams.de several times. They have great stuff and always deliver, but are lousy at communicating (in my experience).
    They actually called me today and said they were sorry for the inconvenience. Everything is solved now .

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

As has been stated Havana is back in production but apparently in limited distribution. In my opinion, as I own both the "vintage" and the "new" verstions, just a very, very slight difference between the two, probably due to the age of the older juice.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Maybe I should have ordered a backup bottle in case it goes out of production again. Anyone else ever considered (or actually bought) a backup bottle as a blind buy?

Wow! What a wonderful fragrance! I just picked it up from the post office. I couldn't keep myself from opening it and trying a tiny spray on my hand while waiting for the bus. I just love the dry earthiness and tobacco notes! On the bus there was a girl sitting diagonally in front of me. She sniffed in the air like she was trying to determine where the smell came from. Finally I guess she found out it came from someone behind her (me!). The rest of the trip she sat turned halfway towards me with closed eyes, the nose in the air and took some slow deep breaths. Never happened to me before .

Irrbloss, good to see you got some Havana.

I bought some at Nordstrom a few months ago for $50. I thought it was just OK at first, but last night I wore it to work and it was just amazing. In some ways it seems initially like your typical old-school Aramis type scent, but DAMN it after a couple of minutes, there's just something very addictive about it. There is a LOT going on in Havana and it's very, very well blended. I get lots of tobacco, some florals, spices and something that makes me think of a fresh cinnamon topped coffee cake right out of the oven and dripping with butter. I don't know how it smells on a blotter, but it really blooms on skin. It's pretty densely wrapped and it does take time to unfold but the drydown is mindblowing.

I was interested to hear people's views on the re-released version in the 'Tuscany'-style bottle, and how faithful it was to the masterful original (of which I must have half a dozen bottles in both regular and Reserva).

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

I own 4 bottles of 'vintage' Havana and two of the reissue. I also own two of Havana Reserva. I will say without fear of being wrong (as it is my personal opinion), Aramis Havana, either in the vintage or reissue form, is one of the very best and arguably THE very best male fragrance(s) I have ever smelled. I am constantly reminded when I chose to wear it and delightfully re-amazed at the quality, projection, depth and overall appeal of this masterpiece.

I posted a side-by-side several hour long wearing of both as a review last year. Can't find the link or I would post it here..

Hell...I just dug out a decant of the reissueand applied it.

Whoa!!
    Last edited by kbe; 24th September 2010 at 08:54 PM.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

So, what do you think of Havana as an office fragrance? Personally I love it as a fragrance - I find it very fresh in a earthy kind of way. But I also find it very classy, maybe even too classy, and a little... daring for office wear. This is what I imagine Don Vito Corleone would smell like if we had smell-tv/movies - and I'm not that kind of guy - I'm a regular office guy, not a cigar smoking mafioso. Wouldn't it be a little like coming to work dressed up as an italian gangster - people would wonder where the masquerade is?

Quote Originally Posted by irrbloss View Post
    this is what i imagine don vito corleone would smell like if we had smell-tv/movies - and i'm not that kind of guy - i'm a regular office guy, not a cigar smoking mafioso. Wouldn't it be a little like coming to work dressed up as an italian gangster - people would wonder where the masquerade is?
    lol

Aramis released 8 fragrances in the Gentlemens Collection. The 7 Stewart mentioned, and Always. But they only sold 7 in each territory. Europe got Always, and North America got Havana. Totally unfathomable decision...

Thank God we got Havana !