Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • A*Men Pure Malt

31 46.27%
  • Green Irish Tweed

36 53.73%

Default A*Men Pure Malt vs Green Irish Tweed

Pure Malt and Green Irish Tweed.

Two completely different fragrances, but two fragrances that seem to get the most, or at least near the most praise, hype, love, ect.

So my question is:

If you were going to a special occasion where you really wanted to impress both someone of the opposite sex and everyone else around u, what would you spray on?

or

?

Default Re: A*Men Pure Malt vs Green Irish Tweed

Like you said, these fragrances can't be compared since they are totally different.

If you want to make a good impression, I would go for GIT.

oh btw. i went with pure malt. i really really like green irish tweed, but its more of a scent that i myself enjoy because of the appreciation for the quality of the fragrance, rather then the scent.

in my opinion, Pure Malt's overall smell just blows away Green Irish Tweed, and if i were to really want to stand out, smell alluring, and really attract some positive attention, especially from women, i wouldnt even think twice about this.

IMO, nothing says (or smells) sexy than Pure Malt. Both good, GIT is a pleasant smell, you might get 'oh you smell nice!', as its rather safe, Pure Malt however, will impress, you will get 'oooh you smell good!' the boozy sweetness of Pure Malt will appeal to the opposite sex (female) a lot better than the freshness of GIT.

So this is basically a "Which one of these two frags will give me attention from women?" topic

Might as well compare a coffee table to a tangerine, as they're nothing alike.

GIT for a formal occasion.
    Pure Malt for a casual occasion.
    GIT will probably get a better reaction from adults.
    Pure Malt will probably get a better reaction from teens, people in their 20's, etc
    GIT will work well in almost any type of weather situation
    Pure Malt won't work well in the summer

im not trying to compare the two fragrances. im just asking, if going to a special occasion where u simply want to get attention and impress people, would u reach for pure malt or GIT

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post

Pure Malt will probably get a better reaction from teens, people in their 20's, etc
    You'd be surprised, I have both, my mother loves Pure Malt, doesn't care for GIT, my twin sister (23) can't stand Pure Malt, but likes GIT.... go figure!

IMO, these could both be candidates for the title of "Holy Grail." I have never smelled anything as "real" as Green Irish Tweed. And as for Pure Malt, ive never smelled anything to sexy, so alluring, so unique

Might as well compare a coffee table to a tangerine, as they're nothing alike.

GIT for a formal occasion.
    Pure Malt for a casual occasion.
    GIT will work well in almost any type of weather situation
    Pure Malt won't work well in the summer
    agreed, if i want to smell classy i would go for git, if i am going somewhere more semi casual, or a romantic occasion i would pick pure malt. both are good but i like git better as far as it being more versatile, classier,etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    im not trying to compare the two fragrances. im just asking, if going to a special occasion where u simply want to get attention and impress people, would u reach for pure malt or GIT
    What's the special occasion? Who are you trying to impress?

Pure malt has a certain character that makes it unique in the fragrance world, and it's THeirry Mugler's #1 creation so far....

.....but.....

You know better than to make this thread, son.
    Green Irish Tweed by Miles to the SUN, son.

Blog Entries

GIT will get female attention, that simple. Same with Cool Water, ADG, etc...

Pure Malt I enjoy for myself really. I think it's a little more mature/sophisticated for me and girls my age, but i still wear it for myself

What's the special occasion? Who are you trying to impress?
    lol thats what makes this thread difficult and more interesting to answer

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
    GIT will get female attention, that simple. Same with Cool Water, ADG, etc...

Pure Malt I enjoy for myself really. I think it's a little more mature/sophisticated for me and girls my age, but i still wear it for myself
    I was the person who was repelled when I first tired GIT, now it's one of my favorites. I'm thinking I tried a bad bottle the first time, so I ordered it thru the Creed Boutique months later and it's so much fresher and unique. I wore it out this past Friday and got countless compliments. When I was playing music at the jukebox, my friend Nicole said to me "you smell amazing, I could stay right next to you the whole night." Althought I never smelled pure malt (and I'm a big fan of gourmands, l'instant is my new fav) GIT always makes you smell like a million bucks....

it really is a win win situation

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Pure malt has a certain character that makes it unique in the fragrance world, and it's THeirry Mugler's #1 creation so far....

.....but.....

You know better than to make this thread, son.
    Green Irish Tweed by Miles to the SUN, son.
    WORD! Check the frag with the highest votes on the attracting women sticky...
    G.I.T. Son!

If I have to choose between the 2, I'll definitely go with Pure Malt. GIW is just too boring to mention. GIW will impress people and they'll say "oh, are you wearing Cool Water? My dad / brother / coursin / ex, etc wears it too!". LoL. A normal person won't be able to distinguish the two. However, IMO, after using Pure Malt, I think it's overated and over-hyped. Maybe because it's from Thierry Mugler. There are much better gourmands out there.
    Last edited by jasonx; 22nd September 2010 at 07:52 AM.

Keep your A*Men Pure Malt and buy Cool Water, most people can't differentiate it from GIT.
    Acqua di Giņ is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

I like both. And after reading carefully the topic, I choose Pure Malt.

I'd go with GIT.

DeepSilence

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond Hume View Post
    Keep your A*Men Pure Malt and buy Cool Water, most people can't differentiate it from GIT.
    Agree.

I love Pure Malt. I love Pure Malt on a cool/cold evening with friends or my significant other, under a blanket or...non of your business.

I like GIT...whenever. It's more versatile...bar, club, beach? Try wearing Pure Malt to a beach. I'm pretty sure not many people have smelled either one (except for the Cool Water comparisons.) GIT is a better choice I feel. Pure Malt is far too complex for the everyday human...Thierry Mugler is not human, lol.

It's like comparing apples to cement blocks....

Two completely different scents. You might like one and not the other. I say GIT cause it's more non-offensive and not as loud.

Plus, I dont like Pure Malt.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

I detest Pure Malt. I don't know why it gets so much love here... I hate it!

I do like A*Men & Pure Coffee though... but Pure Malt is just, just... not good folks, not to me at least...

out of the two - GIT hands down.