Code of Conduct

Default SotD - Wednesday September 22nd 2010

Since receiving my latest shipment, I've been like a kid in a candy store, sniffing this, inhaling that, opening a bottle, caressing another...

So much so that it's hard to decide which scent to wear, with everything so new and so try-worthy!

But after much dalliance, I finally settled on:

Partly in honour of the lovely people here in BN who obviously love this lady to bits.
    (I'm actually of the opinion that the lady above looks a little like Sadako of 'The Ring' fame)

Mine is the parfum concentration, which I applied at around 8:15am, and now,coming close to 11:00 am, it's peachy notes are still evident. No mean feat considering how enthusiastically my skin absorbs scents away!

What a glorious opening salvo from this classic!
    Last edited by domperrier; 22nd September 2010 at 03:04 AM.

Default Re: SotD - Wednesday September 22nd 2010

Happy Wednesday

I smell jasmine !Yes, this is because i am wearing A la nuit by Serge Lutens
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

28 La Pausa - Chanel
    Wishlist is pointless.

Thumbs up Re: SotD - Wednesday September 22nd 2010

Jacques Guerlain’s

MITSOUKO

Eau de Parfum

GUERLAIN
    Last edited by ROBERTO; 22nd September 2010 at 10:39 AM.
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Good morning. I'm wearing vintage Coty L'Aimant today, have found myself reaching for this one rather a lot lately.

Jil Sander Woman III (vintage)

MELOGRANO by Santa Maria Novella.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Decided to go with Fragonard Arielle from a very sweet BN friend.

Good morning everyone Loging in from "work"....or where I'm doing the practical part of my studies. So far so good here.Moved in to my new place,but no internet yet so taking the opportunity to do it now Sotd is L'ombre dans l'eau. Have a nice day all.

Sur la Plage

Good morning! My SOTD is Hermes - Terre d'Hermes Parfum.

Top notes: Orange, Shiso, Grapefruit
    Middle notes: Flint, Mineral Notes
    Base notes: Woody Notes, Oak Moss, Benzoin

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Sisley, Soir de Lune.
    I have an addiction problem about this fragrance... Whenever I use one of my other favorites i keep yearning for the Soir the Lune. So I will just let it run it's course and keep on wearing it until I'm ready for something else again....

I meant to try Lalique Encre Noire Pour Elle again today, but decided I needed something with a more definite presence to last all day. So I'm wearing

VOL de NUIT Parfum

I'm not enjoying it. My nose now protests against the endless petrol fumes. I don't get on with über Guerlainade, so I used to like this perfume precisely because the petrol note distinguished it from other Guerlains, but I think my tastes are changing.
    Reformulation without information is fraud. Call the police.

Basenotes Plus

Mitsouko parfum faded out by 2 pm(after a bath) so I refreshed with a SotE :

Surprisingly long-lasting is LHB EDT...5 hours and the powdery base is still there!

Guerlain Vetiver (1996 formula).

Ineespenes, I hope you are getting settled into your new apartment…just in time to cozy up your nest for winter.

Donna Karan Cashmere Mist for me today.

Tonight is the Autumnal Equinox.

Good morning everyone. Today I'm in the mood for Cuir de Lancome. Beautiful, soft and elegant - all those things that I am not. So I bought them in a bottle and pretend

Good Morning, All.
    Today I plan to wear Chamade. This looks like a Guerlain day for a lot of us.

Hello everyone!

I'm in Lalique le Parfum this morning.

Y'all have a great day!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Léonard pour Homme (original) this morning
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Following Evangeline's lead and wearing Lalique Le Parfum too. Have a wonderful day!
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Basenotes Plus

Hey Carolina girl, we're scent sisters today! Chamade for me as well. EDT & parfum.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

happy is the bleu heart<3

I'm going to visit a co-worker who had hip surgery a little over a week ago. She's going to be off work for several weeks and I thought I would take her a basket of snacks and magazines ... and offer to run her vacuum sweeper! I'm wearing Bond Fire Island, because she always says that is her favorite of all my frags.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Wearing the lovely Sabi. It's positively elevating.
    Between Dunay Sabi, Dior Lily, Guerlain With Love, and Storer Stephanie, Quarry is one floral-satisfied girl.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Institution

Halston Man by Halston

I'm still trying to figure out if I like this or not. There is a certain accord in this, that annoys me...a metallic, aluminum-foil-floral sort of smell that I can't seem to place. It gives the scent a velvety texture that I'm sure is pleasing to certain noses but to mine I wish it would fade. I will most likely test this again in the winter cold weather, to see if it wears differently.

Hello,

I am in Mysore Sandalwood - profumo.it

Basenotes Institution

Good morning all !
    Domperrier- it's wonderful to see that picture of Mitsouko - it is my favorite picture. I always wondered who that lady was or is .... I found out that this lady Virginia Wing was the face of Mitsouko in the 1960s - so I am guessing it is her,then. This is a more recent picture of Virginia Wing .....

Scent of the morning is Chanel No.5 extrait.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Paul & Joe SS 09

Les Néréides Vert D'Eau. A little sappy, a little fresh. Undemanding, pleasant and best of all, free (warehouse mixup)! Thanks to Kewart's headsup about Les Néréides hitting TKMaxx, I have minis of Fleur Poudrée De Musc and Oriental Lumpur as well.
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

This morning I wore Le Dix. But this eveing going out so will wear Daim Blond.
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

SotE - Clive Christian X.

Blog Entries

Good Morning All. Today's scent is Un Jardin En Mediterranee by Hermes.

L'Artisan Nuit de Tubereuse

Serge Lutens Cuir Mauresque today. So smoooooooth.

Hugs to pomander...

Serge Lutens Chêne.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Serge Lutens Muscs Koublai Khan. Heaven.

Mont Blanc ~ Presence

Thanks for all your 'welcomes' after my first post on SOTD yesterday.

Today it was Noa by Cacharel. Also just had a spritz from a sample of Bleu that my 14 year old son managed to charm out of the nice ladies on the Chanel counter at Selfridges in Manchester.

Obsession

Good afternoon!

Inees, glad you're finished with the hard part of moving!

Shades - you're a good friend indeed to do the vacuuming

Wearing OJ Ta'if today. Went for a massage, packed my things for SF, and I'm here at work til 5. Going to spend the night with my daughter so I can be in town for the EARLY flight. Grandkids are excited that "Grandma Sword is going to have a sleep-over with us!".

Everyone have a great week. I'll probably be incognito until Monday.
    BIG HUGS all around!
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by devilcat View Post
    Thanks for all your 'welcomes' after my first post on SOTD yesterday.
    Just back from holiday so a belated welcome from me too, devilcat. I'm originally from Yorkshire too (the avatar may possibly be a giveaway !) - great to have you here.

Blog Entries

It's first day of Fall and I am wearing Chinatown in honor of that. My sample is still pretty full, since this perfume lasts quite long on me. I will be contemplating a bottle or decant after finishing the sample since I keep returning to this scent in my mind. Despite the springtime looking bottle with cherry blossoms, this is a Fall fragrance to me, and not very cherry (and not very pink for that matter). To me it's woods with a note of ripe peach, smell of the harvest. Unfortunately, it makes me think about sad things -- for instance, about the fact that Fall quarter starts in 5 days...

Oh, another welcome here, too, devilcat! Nice to see you on the boards!

For the first day of fall...

Kelly Caleche

Someone on Tesla's fall fragrances thread mentioned loving this one this time of year, and I've enjoyed it so over the summer, I thought, Why not! If KC turns out to be a year 'rounder for me, more's the better.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I'm in Evelyn today, a good choice for what started as a routine day but got more hairy as time went on. Mom's been throwing up-- caught a virus-- off to the Dr. for her, then we sat and watched Jane Eyre together, with her barfing a few more times.

And now I'm home just in time to eat lunch and then meet my daughter at the bus stop to take her to her pediatrician for her yearly checkup and followup on a medical issue.

After that I can go back and watch Mom some more and try to get a bit of nourishment into her.
    It's been one of those days when she remembers Dad, cries, and tells me not to grieve too much when she dies.

I'm going to throw myself a little pity party for a few minutes before I go on with my day.

Aww...30 Roses, that's sad. Sending you and your mother both (((hugs))) today.

Sending Quarry a (((hug))), too, just cuz I love her Q.

The post lady brought my vintage Réplique parfum. I just now took a drop from the teeny tiny bottle to test, and I think I'm going to looove it. Enough to be annoyed trying to hunt down more. Why do I do this to myself?

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    Good morning all !
    Domperrier- it's wonderful to see that picture of Mitsouko - it is my favorite picture. I always wondered who that lady was or is .... I found out that this lady Virginia Wing was the face of Mitsouko in the 1960s - so I am guessing it is her,then. This is a more recent picture of Virginia Wing .....

OMG...she still looks pretty good...

Basenotes Institution

Domperrier- not bad, eh ?! What an honor to be the face of Mitsouko !
    Hugs for Inees, Pomander and 30 Roses.

This afternoon- I'm joining Domperrier in Mitsouko extrait.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Basenotes Plus

Carolina Girl and Devilcat, here's another welcome to Basenotes coming all the way from Staten Island, NY!

Joining the Guerlainers in Cologne du Parfumeur, refreshing in today's uncomfortably hot and humid weather.

Best to all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Mitsouko's longevity is confirmed : I put a moderate dab of the parfum on my forearm at 8:40 pm and now it's 7:50 am and the woody base is still there....faint, but there.

May Virginia Wing have the same longevity and live to be 100...or more!

Ah... last night I went to bed wearing... I forget! (really!) But what I did remember was the scent of the JoAnne Bassett Perfumes Sensual Embrace' musk and sandalwood drydown that was clinging to my nightshirt from two nights before! Which made me realize how much I love musk and how it sometimes makes me anosmic until much later in the scent's progression. (which can be a lovely surprise.)

Today I wore Basenotes Fragrance Project's Scent A, and though I won't describe it here, it did give me pretty whiffs throughout the day... mostly as a skin scent... but I enjoyed it anyway!

Tonight, I'm testing...Anya's Garden Perfumes Kewdra, another Mystery of Musk sample courtesy of Mimi G! Very earthy and herbaceous so far... but it was just applied. We'll see how it develops!
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Tom Ford White Patchouli -- exhausted after the day of shopping for fall clothes. Got a sweater and a jacket, regretting not buying something that I would probably need but have not bought because I think I have already got something similar and it is in the particular color -- maze!

Hugs to Pomander and 30R.

Welcome to our new family members, we do not bite. Not that often.