Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Le Male or Body Kouros?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Le Male

24 25.00%
  • Body Kouros

72 75.00%

Default Le Male or Body Kouros?

IMO Le Male smells better but is overused.
    Acqua di Giò is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

Default Re: Le Male or Body Kouros?

Body Kouros, of course, if you want a "masculin version" of Le Male. Both are strong, sweet, but I prefer Body Kouros.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond Hume View Post
    .... but is overused.
    What you said!
    You will get 80% for BK at least.

I went for Body Kouros, because- in my opinion- it's slightly smoother both than Le Male but also than Kouros (1981)

I remember during last winter when I had sample of Le Male and full bottle of Body Kouros I sprayed each on different wrist and went to bed, sniffing it. It was no brainer, Body Kouros smelled more sexy, higher quality and Le Male smelled cheap and synthetic... but even if Body Kouros is great fragrance and to me it is still sex in the bottle, there are times when I just cant stand it and have to wash it away and I hardly use it.
    My sample of Le Male is empty now, but vial is still smelling good and I am missing Le Male. I think that I miss this minty vanilla more than I'd ever miss Body Kouros even if they are very similar in later stages of drydown. So its hard to me to pick one. IMHO Le Male, even if its less quality is more wearable but is horribly overused. When I wear Body Kouros, I am pretty sure that I am only person in club (maybe even in city) that wears it. When I wear Le Male, I know that I'm just one of many..
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Basenotes Plus

Body Kouros is far superior IMHO.

Body Kouros is more masculine, bit darker, deeper and more erotic. Le Male is more careless, free, young, happy

Body kouros is nice but le male does smell real good.

fountain

body kouros is more complex, imo.

Body Kouros for the camphorous / anice notes which make it more transparent and pronounced than Le Male.
    There's also another thing: For some odd reason BK is often missing from YSL stands in mainstream stores. They often have Kouros, even YSL Pour Homme, but not BK. Far less recognizable, it's often appreciated as a hidden understated gem. Obviously, this has never been the case with Le Male.
    For me, Le Male has always been more fashionable (even a decade later) but less sexy than BK, and vice versa.

I like both fragrances equally, but since I currently own a neverending bottle of Le Male and haven't smelled Body Kouros in several years, I chose BK.

Body Kouros for me.
    I like the topnotes of Le Male and at this stage of the fragrance, I think the sillage is very sexy. Then after about 2hrs, it turns... well... "cheap" and invasive, still for A LOT of hours (days ?) and I want to wash it off.

To my gf, Le Male smelled like root beer. I have to admit I agree. Not bad at all, just not something that I want to smell like. Body Kouros on the other hand smelled like cotton candy to her. "I want to eat you"......Body Kouros wins

Picking Le Male only because it's tried and true and I've only recently acquired Body Kouros. I haven't had more than one opportunity to wear it. The time I did though...absolutely loved it.

I haven't tried Body Kouros long enough to really be precise in my judgement between the two but, I feel Le Male wins in the opening top notes. It just screams to a younger crowd that it's gonna be an attention grabber.

I'm over 30 years old & I love Le Male. Body Kouros offers something that I haven't quite figured out yet. I need more time wearing it but it doesn't smell like the old usual everyone's wearing it juice...it's got something different that at this point put's it in front of Le Male, which has been one of my favorite scents for a long, long time.

Im so sick of Le Male these days.... I would most certainly choose Body Kouros!
    To be successful, you must smell successful! THATSMR2USIR

Body Kouros is good, but I'm not much of an anise fan, so, I would go for Le Male.

Body Kouros

Body kouros

How is it possible that Body Kouros has such a following? Is it the price? The name? The bottle?
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

Le Male. . . no. Just no.

What response did you expect here? LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond Hume View Post
    IMO Le Male smells better but is overused.
    Absolutely agree with you.....prefer the scent of Le Male, but Body Kouros is more novel, and as you said, Le Male is too common

I really like Le Male.

Would love to try Body Kouros but can't find a sample. Would it be a good blind-buy?

Neither, thankyou.

Rather get Lolita Lempicka au Masculin IMHO It's the only gourmand of this sort that seems to retain some freshness and wearability throughout the day.

I have BK, and find it interesting at first, but relentlessly linear. Seriously - does anyone find it evolving at all?

Wow... a Le Male thread with a poll as well and Mr 'Me in a bottle' hasn't shown up yet? Strange indeed!
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Sur la Plage

Body Kouros - without a doubt
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I only got to sniff BK once in a mall, only on paper and if I remember correctly it had this funk note in it that was reminiscent of the original. Am I remembering this correctly? Does it have a bit of funk in it? Or is the whole Kouros funk notes not even present in it and I just smelled it by association?
    Last edited by Pipsta; 25th October 2010 at 06:45 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by ryanm View Post
    Rather get Lolita Lempicka au Masculin IMHO It's the only gourmand of this sort that seems to retain some freshness and wearability throughout the day.

I have BK, and find it interesting at first, but relentlessly linear. Seriously - does anyone find it evolving at all?
    was hoping at least one will mention lolita :P will have to agree with u.. i prefer lolita lempicka AM over body kouros.. unfortunately on me, body kouros is too subtle and i do sense the camphor in body kouros but it doesnt smell 'camphorous' to me as what i wished it would be.. i mean i do love subtle perfumes too but B.K. doesnt do it for me

i blame my skin though, so pls dont shoot me!!

and to answer.. i wear lolita AM more than le male but i love having them both.. i guess it depends on the mood: for me lolitaAM/body kouros feels more like a bring home fun/sex/canoodling while le male sounds more like a stay out sex trip extravaganza :P

o dear i think i'll be shot twice
    “Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 great scents. I voted BK . I don't think it smells better but it's better because it's not as common as JPG Le Male.

can't understand the obsession with Le Male around here. I think it's an average scent at best.

Body Kouros, however, is wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsta View Post
    Wow... a Le Male thread with a poll as well and Mr 'Me in a bottle' hasn't shown up yet? Strange indeed!
    He's given up on us
    While I really like BK and will actually make it my SotN right now it CANT lose.

Anything over le male.
    Smellin good

Le Male for sure.

I actually came across BK in a mall store today and got a chance to give it a sniff again. I liked it much better than the first time I smelled it which was quite a while ago. I think my nose could have been influenced by other things I was trying that day way back when in the store. I should have given my hand a spray though. Just to get an idea of what the dry down progresses like.

both but lemale!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanm View Post

I actually just received a sample of Body Kouros today, and its top and middle notes definitely reminds me of Lolita Lempicka AM's -- but Body Kouros' sillage is a little weaker. Also, Lolita Lempicka AM's base notes is very similar to Le Male's -- but less sweeter. So for me, Lolita Lempicka AM is almost like a crossbreed between Body Kouros and Le Male.

Body Kouros

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    When I wear Body Kouros, I am pretty sure that I am only person in club (maybe even in city) that wears it. When I wear Le Male, I know that I'm just one of many..
    Imagine my dismay when I figured out recently that every man I've ever fallen for has smelled of a version of Le Male (clean, masculine floral, a little bit of candle wax), and that this is the smell I find most irresistible, possibly in the whole world. Maybe it's by association then that for me Le Male holds an accord in its heart of sperm and clean sheets. And it's so delicious that I want to gulp it down in heady mouthfuls.

After spending more time with Body Kouros, I would choose it over Le Male. It's really fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherlemontree View Post
    Imagine my dismay when I figured out recently that every man I've ever fallen for has smelled of a version of Le Male (clean, masculine floral, a little bit of candle wax), and that this is the smell I find most irresistible, possibly in the whole world. Maybe it's by association then that for me Le Male holds an accord in its heart of sperm and clean sheets. And it's so delicious that I want to gulp it down in heady mouthfuls.
    You must be an alter ego of one of the guys here.

Le Male has been pretty meh for me. I never got the hype.

I have full bottles (both repeat purchases) of both, and like both... but wouldn't be without Body Kouros!

Body Kouros

They smell completely different to me and Le Male has a nicer smell.

is suggesting neither an option? I think there are better ones out there.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads