Code of Conduct
    AromiErotici

Default Guerlain Heritage EDT and EDP

I have the older formula EDT and in spite of not wearing it often, when I do wear it, I'm reminded of just how good it really is.

I'm curious as to who thinks the EDP is superior to the vintage EDT. I have had enough EDP renditions of other releases to know that just because it's EDP does not constitute it being better.

So.......I'm ready to replenish my vintage Heritage since I'm getting low. Should I opt for the EDP or just get another bottle of what I KNOW I already like?

Default Re: Guerlain Heritage EDT and EDP

As much as I like the vintage EDT version, I have been completely won over by the EDP. It has less patchouli, and just feels so deep and luxurious in comparison to the EDT. Although it is undoubtedly potent, it is the consistency of the output that just blows me away. It just vents these magical accords all day. I might be in a minority, but it is no contest

Post Thanks / Like

I think that the evaluation of regarding which concentration of a specific fragrance is better is more about a question of taste and of which facets of the fragrance do you like. I consider that both vintage Heritage EDT and EDP a worth a bottle. The EDP to my nose seems more like an amplified vanillic version of the EDT, almost like a Shalimar Pour Homme.

Post Thanks / Like

both are absolutely splendid and different enough to own both. i personally prefer the EDP though.. it's smoooooooooth

I own the EdP version, and it is amazing. As I recall, not that much more $$$ than the EdT. I say go for it.

Just to clarify, is the EDP you're talking about a vintage one, or the current formulation?

A Site For Sore Eyes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I love them both individually but for a special treat I will layer the two, not one over the other but in side by side applications.
    Deep in the dark your kiss will thrill me
    Like days of old. Lighting the spark of love that fills me
    with dreams untold..--Twilight Time

Post Thanks / Like

I've read people swearing by the *vintage* edp.....as a result I hunted a bottle down (Ok, I got lucky as it just showed up when I was browsing).....I promptly bought it but, nope it didn't work for me......I can't say that I am smitten or anything....Just today I sold my bottle of the vintage edp and I sprayed it for one last time to see if I would regret seeing it go.....but I am happy that I got rid of it.......Never tried the edt though........Did try the parfum once and that was good but I remember trying Jicky parfum on the same day (different wrist) and that took all the accolades for that day......

Post Thanks / Like

I have both the EDT and EDP from the 90's and they are very different fragrances. As has been said, the EDP is smooth, deep, and rich, with resinous vanilla/woody (esp. sandalwood) accords for days! I can completely understand the comparison to Shalimar.
    The EDT I actually prefer for its bracing topnotes and its bitter cedar/patchouli accord...it has a bite to it, an edge that all my favorite fragrances have.
    I wanna say something. Im gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you dont, send it right back."

Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Both the vintage EDP and EDT are superior to the modern versions, but my preference does lie with the vintage EDP. As Jenson mentioned, its very smooth and refined.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillC View Post
    Just to clarify, is the EDP you're talking about a vintage one, or the current formulation?
    with Aromi, it has to be VIntage

The vintage EDP for the above reasons. However, I also own several bottles of the vintage EDT and use them solely for enhancing the EDP experience.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are a fan of vintage EdT, then you NEED to own the vintage EdP. It is not just stronger, but an entirely new re-working of the major Heritage accords - yielding a masculine that is rich, complex, multi-layered and has fantastic sillage and longevity.

I was describing Heritage EdP to my buddy over the phone the other day and I remember saying it felt like a roller coaster ride, at the very beginning when you are locked into the seat and you are traveling up the ramp...rushing with the anticipation of the roller coaster twists and turns. Wearing this scent feels as exciting as this - you know you are in for a wonderful ride from the very beginning because hours and hours later the scent has progressed so much and so beautifully through peaks and valleys that it really does feel like a 'ride'.

My advice Aromi: get some vintage juice to test out before you plunge for a full bottle purchase.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    ........Did try the parfum once and that was good but I remember trying Jicky parfum on the same day (different wrist) and that took all the accolades for that day......
    I was not aware of this scent in parfum? Are you sure you tested Heritage gupts?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I was not aware of this scent in parfum? Are you sure you tested Heritage gupts?
    Nope, there has never been a parfum version of Heritage. Probably gupts' 'shorthand' for EDP.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Nope, there has never been a parfum version of Heritage...

Ahhhh....if only....we can all dream though....
    I wanna say something. Im gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you dont, send it right back."

Quote Originally Posted by arlecchino View Post
    Ahhhh....if only....we can all dream though....
    Well, if it's as 'stealth' as the Habit Rouge parfum de extrait, I'd rather not. LOL!

I have vintage EDT and new EDP. I think the vintage EDT is more original and uniquely identifiable. More masculine as well. The EDP is more of an ambery Obsession for Men/Ambre Sultan kind of affair. I like and wear them both. I just find the EDT to be unlike anything else.

AromiErotici

What are the discernible bottle and box differences of the vintage EDP and newer EDP releases? Mike Perez was kind enough to send me a vintage sample of the EDP ( Thanks Mike !!!) and I like it.

No question it's as good ( in a different way) as my vintage EDT. The side by side comparison confirms what most have already said.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    .......ahem...............I have now....... Thanks Mike.