Code of Conduct

Default Beauty by Calvin Klein

Has anyone in the US seen this in stores and tested it?

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....9006415&ref=mf

No reviews on Basenotes so far

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26131619/reviews.html

Default Re: Beauty by Calvin Klein

I received a paper strip in a mailer last week and took a sniff, but I never trust those. It seemed pleasant - floral and sort of ambery/musky, rather soft - but very similar to other fragrance(s) I couldn't put my finger on at that moment. That's just my fleeting (useless) impression.

If the frag is as bland, generic and yawn inducing as the commercial, I'll pass.

happy is the bleu heart<3

I'm sorry to say I did find it bland, generic and yawn inducing when I tested it at Dillards the other day. I will pass on it.

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    I'm sorry to say I did find it bland, generic and yawn inducing when I tested it at Dillards the other day. I will pass on it.
    I can't say I'm surprised.

I tested it and have to agree with the general consensus on the boring part.It's a perfectly lovely and inoffensive floral that I know we have all smelled before.Disappointing in its dullness.
    The nose wants what it wants!

I wrote a review on this a while ago on the site - but it seems to have disappeared .

I was really keen to try this, but I agree with everyone else - bland and inoffensive. There's a very slight woody warmth to it, but you really have to look for it. It reminded me a bit of Allure - maybe there's some common notes - but not as nice.

You wouldn't scrub it off your wrists or anything - but it's just not very exciting.

It's nice , fresh ...but such a clone of " Tendre Jasmin" from Yves Rocher . But Yves Rocher ..is 4 times less expensive . It smells more jasmine than Lily as it was previewed ( to my nose )
    And the bottle ..quite the same than Idole from Armani ...( in lack of inspiration or what in Klein's offices? )

I hate fragrances that people who hate perfume love. (did that make any sense?)

My friend tried this in NYC the other day and immediately thought I would like it - quite independently I had clocked the notes and thought this might be the first Calvin Klein that appeals to me, but couldn't find it in Germany when I was over recently.

So I am keeping an open mind for the moment!
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

I agree it's not ground-breaking scent, but I still like it. I think there is a place in this world for the inoffensive floral, and I don't have anything in my collection that smells quite like it, so I'm happy to add it. Sometimes I just want to smell nice, and not offend anyone, particularly when I'm dealing with different sorts of people during the day. But I also don't want to wear the same inoffensive floral every day, so I like to have a few kicking around. For those purposes, it's a perfectly fine scent.