Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Ever desire to be identified by a signature scent? The same one, everyday, forever?

I tried often in the past and would love to now, but it won't work.

In the past, I would go with a signature scent and then change and I never would realize why I gave up on the scent.

Now I realized why wearing a signature scent cannot work after I tried it again earlier this year with Boucheron PH. It's because after wearing it everyday for a while, I can't smell it anymore. By rotating fragrances, I can smell each one of them whenever I wear them.

Now I understand what others meant by saying that people can't smell their own fragrances. These people don't wear multiple fragrances like we here do.

And I think that it is the same reason people spray too much on and overpower everyone. It's since they can't smell the fragrance they are wearing when their nose gets used to it.

Thus, I think having a signature scent can't be sucessful since the enjoyment of smelling the scent would go away.

What I've done now is to get rid of the 30+ fragrance wardrobe and go with the few I like the most and rotate them. They are Bulgari PH Extreme, Boucheron PH, Penhaligon's English Fern and L'Instant De Guerlain EDT. Each one I would have liked as a signature scent, but I don't want to not be able to smell them. Rotating them solves the problem. So I now have 4 signature scents and four is few enough to be able to be associated with each one of them.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ever desire to be identified by a signature scent? The same one, everyday, forever?

"Ever desire to be identified by a signature scent? The same one, every day, forever?"

Not forever, not in forever. I don't think I ever really felt that I wanted to be defined by one style of anything in fashion.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca