Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What you think of 1 Million by Paco Rabanne?

I have tried it recent really nice with lots of sweet and fruit great for summer and winter i think.

Default Re: What you think of 1 Million by Paco Rabanne?

I think it's only so succesfull due to the huge marketing campaign. Smells terrible imo.

Dont know for summer, definiately a good winter scent

could easily be unisex

nice powdery opening with fruits and spices, the bottle looks cool too imo

I love the smell. I don't think it is the best thing ever but it is just a great cold weather frag. My mom thinks it smells really musky but my girlfriend thinks it smells like vanilla kinda interesting.

Dependent

Perfume4life, you ought to stop rapping. just teasing

Anyways, I thought 1 million was ok. Fruity-floral spicy. I preferred this to the other recent Paco releases after XS. Not something I'd own, but not something I'd mind smelling off someone else.

It's ok, I'd probably wear it only if it was not overworn by teenage kids here.

IMO it's an awful fragrance.

It's marketing department has done well in getting it across to the public and that is the reason it has been selling. I suppose a lot of teenagers may like this one though.
    Last edited by Kash; 19th December 2009 at 04:47 PM.

Lol im pretty suprised to know some doesn't like it much as much i do.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post

Anyways, I thought 1 million was ok. Fruity-floral spicy. I preferred this to the other recent Paco releases after XS. Not something I'd own, but not something I'd mind smelling off someone else.
    what you mean by that thought to rapping?

nothing special.

It's too sweet but I find it decent enough. I prefer Black XS.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

I don't really like it at all. It smells so, so plastic and synthetic. Annoyingly though, on the two occasions I've worn it, I received compliments. Grrr.

'1 Million' : Most appropriately named masculine of 2008 !

Now waiting for
    'Bonus' to be released in 2010...
    'Il mondo dei profumi un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Even though I am a "young" guy ( in age), I feel too old to wear I Million. It is okay when it dries down, but I would hate to have to wear a scent as such for a whole SotD. The longevity and projection seem decent, so that is a plus.

I remember when I went to my fragrance shop to sample some scents and the owner told me "...smell this, it smells just like bubble gum ..." Ha ha. Too funny. I think he said that because he knew that I would not like it

I don't have an opinion about it. I agree on the bubble gum accord, which is supposed to be apple or some fruit notes. I don't like this, but the dry down is very nice.

I can surely attest to the fact that Antonio Puig's is making a lot of money from it. The ad campaign was a huge succes and college students are all either using it or using knock-offs.

Never sampled this, but I ADORE the launch video--an homage to the modern dandy: clothes, wheels, women, gambling, liquor, the ever-constant gaze of the public eye.

If memory serves, I was not impressed with the notes to try this.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN2POa9nZBY"]YouTube- Paco Rabanne - One Million[/ame]
    Last edited by Primrose; 19th December 2009 at 08:00 PM. Reason: add info
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post

I own both 1 million and Black XS. A little embarrassed that I actually bought them. Ok .. 1 million because the bottle is amazing. A little too fruity and sweet but still something I'll wear on occassion with a tank top.

Black XS ......... wore it once and it's enough. Makes you smell like a pack of dried fruits.

Sur la Plage

I personally don't think much of it.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Love this stuff could drink it out of the bottle. Shame there is no plans to offically launch it here in the United States.

I have heard great things about this scent.....this is one I would like to sample.
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Never sampled this, but I ADORE the launch video--an homage to the modern dandy: clothes, wheels, women, gambling, liquor, the ever-constant gaze of the public eye. ...YouTube- Paco Rabanne - One Million
    Thanks for the link, primrose! The video is ****good!
    'Il mondo dei profumi un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

I like the video ad, but the fragrance completely bores me...
    Its just another safe designer fragrance... i wanted to like it and have sampled it a few times, but its just boring for me..

Nice scent. I would wear it for a night out (women like it). Not everyday fragrance

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by heparfumerie View Post
    I own both 1 million and Black XS. A little embarrassed that I actually bought them.
    It's ok, I won't tell on your gym scent you showed me the other day. *secret*

Quote Originally Posted by narcus View Post
    '1 Million' : Most appropriately named masculine of 2008 !

Now waiting for
    'Bonus' to be released in 2010...
    wow is it Paco gonna release their new frag Bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by perfume4life View Post
    wow is it Paco gonna release their new frag Bonus?
    Narcus is only joking around

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    Narcus is only joking around
    LOL i know that i was just asking ehhe.

It smells like Cool Waters lite, if one existed. Nothing new to me.

Tried to sneak in and out of a department store to sample a few things, and a pushy salesperson nabbed me, insisting I try this one. It's about what I expected from the gaudy bottle. ;-)

I like it a lot.

after snagging a vintage paco rabbane PH I dont think I care about trying this
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Too sweet,quite strong and it reminds me of Balenciaga's Cristobal...
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

I used to have this, it smells pleasant but there is a distinct synthetic note that ruins the whole effect.
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

The perfect anti-crisis fragrance. I think this nasty synthetic little thing became such a huge success maily due to its packaging.

The gold bar refers to real values, a true treasure in an unsecure world.

Great idea.

This is horrible. I tried it for the first time today at Sephora. Too sweet and too sharp. I hated it and so did my wife and son. Nasty, nuclear strength stuff.

I later sampled Antonio Banderas The Secret and we all liked it a lot better. They share similarities, but The Secret is much more tolerable. It's a lighter version of 1 Million. My wife compared it to JOOP.

My opinion on this fragrance.
    Check out my YouTube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/JRWRlTER

Nuclear Vanilla Powder Berries of Death. About as masculine as my sister's spray deodorant; makes Black XS look like Knize Ten. Cloying, uninteresting, mystifyingly successful. Why do today's young men want to smell like bowls of candy?

Didn't like the texture at all.

Quote Originally Posted by perfume4life View Post
    Lol im pretty suprised to know some doesn't like it much as much i do.
    It's horrible. I've tried it twice now and it was more synthetic than any new or recent scent I've tried. Horribly sweet. A scrubber. Sucks. One million washings to get it off.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

It smells like something nice and sweet from the Dollar Store. Why is it such a huge seller in Canada and Europe?

Way too sweet for me, no thanks.

Blog Entries

l smelled this on a guy at work recently & HAD to ask what he was wearing. To me it smells gorgeous, warm, sweet & sexy, just how l want a man to smell! l don't care about publicity campaigns or how the bottle looks, this gets a big thumbs up from me. BTW l also like Farenheit which l think is quite similar, & Black XS as well. lf you like it, go for it, the ladies will love you for it!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    l smelled this on a guy at work recently & HAD to ask what he was wearing. To me it smells gorgeous, warm, sweet & sexy, just how l want a man to smell! l don't care about publicity campaigns or how the bottle looks, this gets a big thumbs up from me. BTW l also like Farenheit which l think is quite similar, & Black XS as well. lf you like it, go for it, the ladies will love you for it!
    The resemblance to Black XS I can understand, but to Fahrenheit??
    1 Million is one of the worst releases of the last years imo.
    Acqua di Gi is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

This is another one of those fragrances that guy would wear for the women(under 30yrs old). Out of anything that I own I have nothing that has gotten so many compliments in a club/party/lounge setting. I only wear it at those times and without failure woman have gone out of their way to find out who smells like that and ask me about it. I had one a group of 7 girls smell it from my scent trail at about 10 feet behind me and followed me to my car with lend to exchange of numbers between me and my guys. This is the club setting Le Male/Unforgivable/I AM King/L'eau D'Issey killer in Chicago that nobody knows about. ;-p
    My Youtube Review Channel: www.youtube.com/cutlasssupremesl

Quote Originally Posted by subhuman85 View Post
    Why do today's young men want to smell like bowls of candy?
    but but..girls like it! lol

agree, though..a cloying, synthetic mess that's waaay too sweet, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by subhuman85 View Post
    Nuclear Vanilla Powder Berries of Death. About as masculine as my sister's spray deodorant; makes Black XS look like Knize Ten. Cloying, uninteresting, mystifyingly successful. Why do today's young men want to smell like bowls of candy?
    Ok what I'm about to say I mean it in a calm conversation way. Why does today's young men want to smell like bowls of candy? I will ask you why did yesterday's young men want to smell like spice and pepper?

Its all about the times and in this day and age MOST young(under 35yrs old) women don't want the men they date to smell like their father use to. Just the way things are I cant stand the way some of the older famous power houses smell but most of my collection are sweet sexier scents. Times change and taste change and there is nothing wrong with either sides of the scents just opinions. so I will say it untill I'm married.... WOMEN LOVE THE HELL OUT OF 1 MILLION! ;-P
    My Youtube Review Channel: www.youtube.com/cutlasssupremesl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CutlassSupremeSL View Post
    Ok what I'm about to say I mean it in a calm conversation way. Why does today's young men want to smell like bowls of candy? I will ask you why did yesterday's young men want to smell like spice and pepper?

Its all about the times and in this day and age MOST young(under 35yrs old) women don't want the men they date to smell like their father use to. Just the way things are I cant stand the way some of the older famous power houses smell but most of my collection are sweet sexier scents. Times change and taste change and there is nothing wrong with either sides of the scents just opinions. so I will say it untill I'm married.... WOMEN LOVE THE HELL OUT OF 1 MILLION! ;-P
    Yes yes yes!! And l am over 35 yrs old by the way
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerandir4 View Post
    I used to have this, it smells pleasant but there is a distinct synthetic note that ruins the whole effect.
    You should try Ted Lapidus - Black Soul... it's like 1 Million but more refined and natural, to my nose at least.

Seems everyone in the pubs n clubs are wearing 1 Million at the moment!

Quote Originally Posted by CutlassSupremeSL View Post

Totally agree. Most women, especially the ones under 30 seem to prefer more unisex/feminine scents on men.

I wore 1 Million out the other night & people really seemed to enjoy it, I got a few compliments on the scent. For some reason though it just smelled too powdery to me. Don't get me wrong I think it smells fantastic but...it got annoying after a while to my nose.

This conversation makes me very, very happy that a) I'm married and b) I'm 40, thus making it a lock that I will never go to a club and never have to wear this type mess because women might like it these days.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond Hume View Post
    I think it's only so succesfull due to the huge marketing campaign. Smells terrible imo.
    agreed the bottle, commercial all to sell a frag that smells like sugar water, horrible, horrible.

But there is a difference between doing something sweet and fruity that is well-done and smelling like you bathe in high fructose corn syrup. Not to mention, doesn't it worry any of you how dangerously close you are getting to smelling like your little sister? I mean for the same guys to vehemently decry any and all non-masculine scents, to then state their love of frags like 1 Million and the like is beyond me. I mean, this is what the female fragrance market has been based on for the last decade, syrupy sweet fruits, vanilla and patchouli.

Edit: If it wasn't clear in my post, I am NOT supporting 1 Million. I haven't tried it yet, but I can imagine what it smells like, and am going off what other trusted noses have mentioned.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Blog Entries

Personally i love the stuff. It's got deadly projection on me and the fragrance itself is extremely well blended. It's like JOOP! Homme Modern Edition

If the bottle was a designed like a Smarties candy and had a picture of Dora the Explorer on it, everyone and their brother and sister would hate the scent. But the juice is in a shiny, gold bar.....

But I asked three or four different ladies of different ages about it when I wore it. All negative responses. Like dudes, you cant also clump the ladies in to say they'll all like a scent. Each is different.

That all said. The scent is nothing special and is headache inducing sweet.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

All that glitters isn't neccessarily gold. Major disappointment. 75% of what this house puts out is awful. They know how to package and market though. Unfortunately, the juices are usually an afterthought. They even wrecked their one true classic by either reformulting it or using cheaper ingredients. Too many perfumeries have forgotten how to produce quality perfumes.

I smelled it for the first time over the weekend. I did not like it and it did not smell good on DH, but I guess it depends on each person's skin.
    Evenstar

I was kinda disappointed too--and relieved that I don't have to buy a new bottle...
    I couldn't make much of the notes, couldn't tell them apart much. The drydown is warm and ambry but the rest, sometimes it reminded me of Angel for Men (the sweet mixed with the patchouli?), sometimes Lolita Lempicka au Masculin...
    Not a winner but very pretty bottle.
    FWIW I like the Lady Million better as a feminine scent but even that can be dismissed.
    I'll keep trying to analyze this though.

BINGO

Love or hate fragrance IMO. First time I smelt this was on paper and kinda liked it. When I wore it, I couldn't make it past the first hour and darted for the shower. It was to sour and full of that over the top chemical smell. So strong I had to wash the shirt I was wearing three times (application to bare chest before wearing).

I wanted to like this one...

I just can't get past the bottle... It is tacky beyond any possible tackyness. The perfume itself is just about average, a nice sweet scent that reminds me of Joop! and similar flankers
    l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)