Code of Conduct

Default I'm finding myself buying more "sample lots" than bottles nowadays

I'm not sure how many else of you do this, but I've gotten into the habit of buying those official fragrance samples, but in lots, of like 6 or 12. I find this to be much cheaper than buying a bottle, especially since a whole bottle is usually too much for me, unless I really love the fragrance. I remember that it started when I got 9 official Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille samples for something like 38 dollars. This was probably half a year ago, and I still have most of them left. I initially thought to spray all of the samples into a nicer atomizer, but then never got around to or cared to do so (didn't feel like it was really even necessary). I'm curious if anyone else is doing this. I find it to be extremely economical and practical. Just my 2 cents, though.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I'm finding myself buying more "sample lots" than bottles nowadays

Well, let's hope not too many people do this, since that could have quite a negative impact on companies' willingness to give out free or cheap samples. But to be fair: under certain circumstances (like expensive and/or uber-exclusive fragrances) that practice makes sense.

It's funny you mentioned this now, because i find myself uninterested in samples and just put two large sample lots (one men's and one women's) on my sales page, to be sold as a group. Different strokes for different folks! LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Smart

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

If it works for you, that's great. And I suppose it could make sense....but wouldn't it still be more expensive than buying the smallest bottle? I can see what you mean about a full bottle being too much for you. I am personally subscribing to the less is more approach, meaning I'm pretty sure I will go through the entire bottle, as I'm only trying to keep scents I love. If you prefer a huge variety, I can see your approach really working well.

Quote Originally Posted by Force of One View Post
    If it works for you, that's great. And I suppose it could make sense....but wouldn't it still be more expensive than buying the smallest bottle? I can see what you mean about a full bottle being too much for you. I am personally subscribing to the less is more approach, meaning I'm pretty sure I will go through the entire bottle, as I'm only trying to keep scents I love. If you prefer a huge variety, I can see your approach really working well.
    Yeah, it works for me. Of course you will get a better deal when you purchase greater quantities of anything (food, perfume, etc)...If you feel like you're going to need to use all of that particular fragrance, then just buy it, but I don't think I will.

Post Thanks / Like

I also really enjoy buying small decants of multiple fragrances, rather than just one bottle. I did a video discussing the topic a few months back.

To me, the fun out of this hobby is discovering new fragrances you love, and obviously with more fragrances to sample at a time, you get to discover more at once. Plus by the time you have a few full bottles you really enjoy, and a bunch of small decants, you're gonna have more decants than you can wear all the time, so they actually last a long time despite the small amount of juice.