Code of Conduct

Default shalimar new bottle.... less concentration ?

hello to u all.

i have sene today shalimar edp in a new bottle that looks like the old shalimar perfume bottle.
    i noticed that it was less lemoney and also bit weaker.

of course if u own shalimar edt, edp and perfume from different era's then u know that guerlain did formulations.
    and of course after reading abut that on BN.

the SA said it was impossible... well i dotn buy that.

what is your experience guys ??

Default Re: shalimar new bottle.... less concentration ?

The new EDP smells just the same to me... after the initial topnotes have subsided. I found the opening spritzes a liiiiittle different. But nothing enough to kick up a fuss over. Its still divine!

I tried the EdP in the new bottle and found it even better than a few months, above all the topnotes: the bergamot was more natural and sparkling, the civet note was clearer and more intense
    I've got the impression that also other classics have been "lifted-up"...new raw materials (natural or substitutes) and new in-house perfumer (I read somewhere that T.Wasser had needed to make his own formula to get the Guerlain thing)

well, I can't comment on if it has changed or not. But I will say that I wouldn't believe anything about that topic a SA says. They may either simply not have been told, or if they knew probably wouldn't tell you. The fact that you and I are even aware reformulations happen is sort of a rare piece of knowledge. The average person probably isn't aware.
    Tom Ford Splits!!!!
    Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Noir de Noir, Oud Wood
    Plum Japonais,
    Lavender Palm, Tobacco Oud, Café Rose, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

hhhhhhmmmmm.

same here about top notes.
    but after that it is almost the same except i experienced the new one as a little bit weaker somehow.