Code of Conduct

Default shalimar new bottle.... less concentration ?

hello to u all.

i have sene today shalimar edp in a new bottle that looks like the old shalimar perfume bottle.
    i noticed that it was less lemoney and also bit weaker.

of course if u own shalimar edt, edp and perfume from different era's then u know that guerlain did formulations.
    and of course after reading abut that on BN.

the SA said it was impossible... well i dotn buy that.

what is your experience guys ??

Default Re: shalimar new bottle.... less concentration ?

The new EDP smells just the same to me... after the initial topnotes have subsided. I found the opening spritzes a liiiiittle different. But nothing enough to kick up a fuss over. Its still divine!

I tried the EdP in the new bottle and found it even better than a few months, above all the topnotes: the bergamot was more natural and sparkling, the civet note was clearer and more intense
    I've got the impression that also other classics have been "lifted-up"...new raw materials (natural or substitutes) and new in-house perfumer (I read somewhere that T.Wasser had needed to make his own formula to get the Guerlain thing)

well, I can't comment on if it has changed or not. But I will say that I wouldn't believe anything about that topic a SA says. They may either simply not have been told, or if they knew probably wouldn't tell you. The fact that you and I are even aware reformulations happen is sort of a rare piece of knowledge. The average person probably isn't aware.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

hhhhhhmmmmm.

same here about top notes.
    but after that it is almost the same except i experienced the new one as a little bit weaker somehow.