Code of Conduct

Default Jonesing for Guerlain's Dandy

The release of Arsene Lupin Dandy seems imminent. Anyone run into this yet?

Primrose? I think it's out in Europe.

edit: Guerlain store in Las Vegas expects it October 10th.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 25th September 2010 at 11:38 PM.

Default Re: Jonesing for Guerlain's Dandy

Stylin,

Thats good news about Vegas. I know that I am getting samples of it once they get it. I won't have to wait long to get it. I will be back in Vegas in early Nov.
    Last edited by Gojira; 26th September 2010 at 12:34 AM.
    Scents I have that are not in the database.

Amouage Molook Attar
    Full Incense - Montale
    Oudh Lacquer by Soivohle
    Shalimar Ode de la Vanille by Guerlain
    Mukhalat Makaki Perfume Oil by Swiss Arabian
    Man Amber by Halston
    Absolue pour le Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    Puro Intense by Nejma

Thank heavens for the Guerlain store in Las Vegas. The woman I talked to instantly knew what I was referring to. (She sounded French too).

I inquired about it at a department store Guerlain counter. When I said "Arsene Lupin" the SA thought I said "get a pen." Needless to say, she was unaware of Dandy or Vouyeu.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I'm looking forward to this one, too. Mmmmmmmmmmm..........

Stylin,

The sales staff at that store are the best! Plus, they know all of the new stuff coming out. They have a rep from Guerlain coming in Oct. 3 and 4th 12 to 6. Her name is Marie Line Patry and she is Guerlain's National Fragrance and Beauty Director. She will be giving personal consults. Jorganne Magness sent me an email telling me about it. Jorganne is a great person, knows her stuff too.
    Scents I have that are not in the database.

Amouage Molook Attar
    Full Incense - Montale
    Oudh Lacquer by Soivohle
    Shalimar Ode de la Vanille by Guerlain
    Mukhalat Makaki Perfume Oil by Swiss Arabian
    Man Amber by Halston
    Absolue pour le Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    Puro Intense by Nejma

Blog Entries

They had a secret tester at the SF Guerlain boutique at the Meet-Up yesterday. JaimeB wore it for the day. I didn't much care for Voyou, which threatened to break out into woody amber, but Dandy smelled like the kind of Guerlinade oriental that we all love from them. I'm very much looking forward to trying it out myself soon...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

They also had secret testers of both Eaux de Parfum in the Paris boutiques. I was of course eager to find out what 73 yo Jean-Paul Guerlain has now created, and I was quite surprised of how "modern" an impression I got from them. According to the SA, they were "deliberately made modern to attract new young male customers" - which makes it odd that they are made as an exclusive launch. By "modern" I mean that they don't have the kind of saturated overdose that is normally Jean-Paul Guerlain's hallmark (think Habit Rouge and Héritage, or Chamade or Samsara), but instead quite understated and subdued, maybe even a bit recherché in the spirit of L'Art et la Matière which kind of disappointed me. After all, Jean-Paul Guerlain was the one who said that "My ancestors always thought that a perfume should come straight to the point and that adding lots of materials in small amounts doesn't do anything for the personality of the 'juice'..." - and to me, these new scents don't "come straight to the point".

Le Voyou ("the crook") should be the "fresher" one - in style of Coriolan. It started out breezy and herbal, in style of Sous le Vent, but ended sweeter than I expected (although the herbal everlasting flower drydown of Coriolan was also quite sweet). But Le Voyou ends even sweeter than Coriolan, like rogalal said, as a sort of woody amber. I couldn't stop sniffing that drydown though.

Le Dandy is categorized as an "oriental leather" - it was sort of the opposite image, starting out sweet (I don't remember the details of this sweetness) and ending in a mineral-dry leather note that reminded me of something that I couldn't put my finger on. Very characteristic.

As you can see, my memory about both is quite blurred, but I have of course ordered both, despite the modern and un-Guerlain nature of both juice and bottle - after all, they are from the hands of old Jean-Paul Guerlain...

I was at Champs Elysées boutique yesterday and the seller said that they were not expected before the 28th... I would be very angry if she had the testers and didn't let me try !!!
    I'm so eager to smell both of them

You should go there and get angry! 'Cause they have testers there, hidden in the closet below Sous le Vent and Véga

Quote Originally Posted by germanomio View Post
    I was at Champs Elysées boutique yesterday and the seller said that they were not expected before the 28th... I would be very angry if she had the testers and didn't let me try !!!
    I'm so eager to smell both of them

just wondering, are they boutique exclusives or they will appear at counters?

Thanks for the run down Ulrik! these still intrigue me greatly! I will have to order samples.

Blog Entries

modern....woody amber.....freshness......"I couldn't stop sniffing the drydown"

......mmmmmmmmmmmm........

I think I know which one I'm going to like!

Quote Originally Posted by Gojira View Post
    Stylin,

The sales staff at that store are the best! Plus, they know all of the new stuff coming out. They have a rep from Guerlain coming in Oct. 3 and 4th 12 to 6. Her name is Marie Line Patry and she is Guerlain's National Fragrance and Beauty Director. She will be giving personal consults. Jorganne Magness sent me an email telling me about it. Jorganne is a great person, knows her stuff too.
    I love that store too. I had a consult with Marie Line Patry in South Coast Plaza Nordstrom. She is awesome. We had a wonderful time. I bought a few things, and she was very generous in the gifts she gave me.