Code of Conduct

Question Bvlgari Extreme issue

I picked up a sample of Bvlgari Pour Homme Extreme and I'm really digging this fragrance except for the tomato leaf accord that's very strong in the opening and lasts to some extent for the entire life of the fragrance. I'm really not a fan of tomato leaf. This single note/accord ruined Halston Unbound for me, for example. I thought I was just imagining things, but my girlfriend can smell it as well, and I found at least 3 reviews online that mention tomato leaf when reviewing Extreme. I'm looking for a nice, mellow, aromatic tea-based fragrance ala Extreme, minus the tomato leaf. I'm wondering if the Soir version would fit the bill. I've read reviews where it's heavy on the tea note, however I read several complaints about the papyrus note being too woody and spicy. I tried Gucci Pour Homme II, but longevity is literally 30 minutes on my skin and the base was bland and sort of crappy. What do you guys recommend?
    Last edited by Shaheen; 26th October 2010 at 02:55 AM.

Default Re: Bvlgari Extreme issue

Thats a shame, on me bulgari pour homme just becomes PURE PURE grapefruit citrus with a hint of green tea and white musk. one of my most complimented by girls in my school. I never really got a tomato leaf accord, if eel lacoste essential has that. But i'd say go for the sior, it does smell pretty nice and i heard plenty of peopple like it too. Its a bit more smokey ish or maybe thats just the tea note prominant

Default Re: Bvlgari Extreme issue

I'm going to go ahead and order a sample of Soir and possibly of the original as well. The first time I tried Extreme I got grapefruit and tea just like you describe. All subsequent wearings have been dominated by tomato leaf.