Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Which would you choose?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bleu de Chanel

21 36.84%
  • Allure Homme Edition Blanche

21 36.84%
  • Allure Homme Sport

15 26.32%

Default Bleu de Chanel - Allure Sport - Allure Edition Blanche

I got Edition Blanche as a gift and it's just not my favorite type of fragrance. I called the store and they told me I could return it and im just thinking which other Chanel out of the newer ones I should get. I've tried the three of them but I cant decide if I should get another one or just stick with Edition Blanche. What do you think?

Default Re: Bleu de Chanel - Allure Sport - Allure Edition Blanche

Bleu for me, without much hesitation.

+1 on Bleu.

go with Bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew...

I have a bottle of Allure Sport and a bottle of Bleu de Chanel. I also have a few samples of Edition Blanche. Edition Blanche, to me, is a lighter version of Allure Sport. I can't even detect it on me after an hour. I love Allure Sport as it is beautiful and also subtle. I would classify Bleu to be a louder, more complex version of Allure Sport.

My choice is Bleu. I have been loving it.

I prefer Edition Blanche and pass Bleu. Would be very sad if received a bottle of Bleu as gift...

Quote Originally Posted by b0n3z View Post
    I have a bottle of Allure Sport and a bottle of Bleu de Chanel. I also have a few samples of Edition Blanche. Edition Blanche, to me, is a lighter version of Allure Sport. I can't even detect it on me after an hour. I love Allure Sport as it is beautiful and also subtle. I would classify Bleu to be a louder, more complex version of Allure Sport.

My choice is Bleu. I have been loving it.
    On me Edition Blanche doesn`t remind Allure Sport, and it last 6-8 hours. First in a citrusy gourmand note, then it lingers a good time on a fruity spice woody tone...

Bleu, on the other side, it`s so close to skin and so forgetable. I thought that L`Homme was forgetable, and then Chanel proved me that you can do something even worse, even when you use high quality materials.

Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    On me Edition Blanche doesn`t remind Allure Sport, and it last 6-8 hours. First in a citrusy gourmand note, then it lingers a good time on a fruity spice woody tone...

Bleu, on the other side, it`s so close to skin and so forgetable. I thought that L`Homme was forgetable, and then Chanel proved me that you can do something even worse, even when you use high quality materials.
    Sorry, just my opinion.

Allure homme sport. Try it

Blog Entries

Edition Blanche gets my vote. I absolutely love it. Bleu would be a close second. Sport was a total scrubber for me.

Really down on Chanel and it's Allure flankers...until I sniffed the Blanche edition. Loved it! That creamy lemony thing they did to it really works. It's "old school" Chanel; so for me it beats any other men's product they've put out since...Egoiste! Bleu is nothing to write home about. It's fine, but undistinguished. A Chanel scent should be nothing less than earth shattering. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by b0n3z View Post
    Sorry, just my opinion.
    You don`t need to fell sorry, frags react different on different skins... Unfortunately the utterly common side of Bleu is what was pronounced on me...

+1 Bleu de Chanel

Well, they're quite different scents, in relation to Bleu vs Allure Blanche. The problem with Bleu, is that while I rank Givenchy Play as #1 on the list of "Shortest Longevity Fragrances Ever", I put put Bleu as #2 on that list. It smells great for like, an hour, and then it's just - gone. You'd have to spray yourself with it 8 times a day to maintain the initial scent, that is indeed - quite pleasing. Also, Bleu is definitely a multi-season scent, where as Allure Blanche just screams SUMMER with it's lemon drop sillage, which I got several female compliments on this summer while wearing it.

Allure Blanche to me is strictly a daytime 'activity' type fragrance though. Uplifting and energetic type of thing. I love it, whereas Bleu I won't be buying based on trying to wear the samples around for a few days with it's constant disappearing act. After the first hour or so, it smells no different than had you used scented bath soap that day - i.e. your skin just every so slightly smells different than had it nothing on it whatsoever.

Sport I can't comment on. Probably tried it at some point and dismissed it as not for me.

I know it doesn't really answer your question but I'd choose none of those three, and instead pick up the Allure Homme Sport Cologne Sport version. Doesn't smell at all like the regular Allure Sport. I'm certainly the only guy on this earth to think it's a truly great fragrance, but who knows, you could be the 2nd
    Give it a try, tho !

Quote Originally Posted by Scentational View Post
    I know it doesn't really answer your question but I'd choose none of those three, and instead pick up the Allure Homme Sport Cologne Sport version. Doesn't smell at all like the regular Allure Sport. I'm certainly the only guy on this earth to think it's a truly great fragrance, but who knows, you could be the 2nd
    Give it a try, tho !
    It's not my favourite, but I actually love Cologne Sport too. It's such a lovely uplifting lemony smell and actually lasts for a long time on me!

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    It's not my favourite, but I actually love Cologne Sport too. It's such a lovely uplifting lemony smell and actually lasts for a long time on me!
    hey dude. u seem to be a huge fan of bleu. how is the longevity and projection of it?? im getting alot of mixed reviews

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    hey dude. u seem to be a huge fan of bleu. how is the longevity and projection of it?? im getting alot of mixed reviews
    Hi! I just logged in and got your message!

For me, the longevity with Bleu is very good. I'm usually very disappointed with the longevity from most fragrances, but with Bleu, I get wafts of for 5 or 6 hours after application, and it remains a strong skins cent for anoter 3-4 hours after that. I've had numerous compliments when using it too, so I think the projection is pretty good also. It's not some overpowering, powerhouse type scent, but neither is it a weak, "nothinh" fragrance. It's very solid and high quality stuff in my opinion.

Incredibly versatile too. It smells great for office or evening/romantic wear. There's something very well-rounded about it. I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    Hi! I just logged in and got your message!

For me, the longevity with Bleu is very good. I'm usually very disappointed with the longevity from most fragrances, but with Bleu, I get wafts of for 5 or 6 hours after application, and it remains a strong skins cent for anoter 3-4 hours after that. I've had numerous compliments when using it too, so I think the projection is pretty good also. It's not some overpowering, powerhouse type scent, but neither is it a weak, "nothinh" fragrance. It's very solid and high quality stuff in my opinion.

Incredibly versatile too. It smells great for office or evening/romantic wear. There's something very well-rounded about it. I love it!
    alright!!! sounds good! theres just something about the scent of this that i absolutely love. i dont like to criticize anyones taste, but i think some people dont like this because its not a risky scent that most young people in there 20 wont enjoy. Like i said, whenever im smelling frags at a nordstroms, this is the one i keep coming back to and keep smelling.

Bleu de Chanel will be in my collection tomomorrow

I tried all the Allures in a dept store and Blanche was the definite stand-out, so I grabbed one. I went back and tried Bleu and just found it so ordinary and forgettable ...

+1 Sport. Simple, Fresh, Lemonly Generic

I don't care for any of them for myself but if I had to get one, it would probably be bleu.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Blog Entries

Blanche used to be my favorite, but after investigating Bleu and Sport, I've come to appreciate both of them - and especially Bleu. I'm really loving Bleu right now.

I don't think the choice is obvious. There are interesting differences. Blanche has a very up-front, easy-to-love, and fairly unique powdery lemony citrus opening that makes it a good choice for almost everybody. Sport is a much more subtle scent that's not always as popular, and took me longer to like. Bleu - what can I say after 10 pages of debate? I like it, but it took a while for me to appreciate it.

Interesting to see how well Bleu is doing in the poll. I didn't expect that. It seems like opinions are more sharply divided about Bleu than the others.

My heart so Bleu...

I called the store a couple of hours before heading out and they informed me they were getting a shipment and they would probably be stocking up on Bleu. Got there, asked for it and turns out they didnt get any shipments. They still had a tester and gave me samples which Im wearing now.

To me the overall smell & longevity doesnt compare to the high price tag. Money is not an issue when i tend to like something...and every new release from any house is always priced relatively high. But in this case i cant shake the feeling that im taking something just to have something...not because i love it. I love when i smell a fragrance and it haunts me every hour and i cant stop thinking about the moment i get the chance of getting a big bottle of that mind blowing scent.

I did return Edition Blanche and thank goodness I didnt purchase Bleu and just got samples for further evaluation. Im gonna keep trying out Bleu. Not to convince myself that I like it, but to make sure its worth getting it. I guess i was counting a lot on Chanel.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    alright!!! sounds good! theres just something about the scent of this that i absolutely love. i dont like to criticize anyones taste, but i think some people dont like this because its not a risky scent that most young people in there 20 wont enjoy. Like i said, whenever im smelling frags at a nordstroms, this is the one i keep coming back to and keep smelling.

Bleu de Chanel will be in my collection tomomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Blanche used to be my favorite, but after investigating Bleu and Sport, I've come to appreciate both of them - and especially Bleu. I'm really loving Bleu right now.

I don't think the choice is obvious. There are interesting differences. Blanche has a very up-front, easy-to-love, and fairly unique powdery lemony citrus opening that makes it a good choice for almost everybody. Sport is a much more subtle scent that's not always as popular, and took me longer to like. Bleu - what can I say after 10 pages of debate? I like it, but it took a while for me to appreciate it.

Interesting to see how well Bleu is doing in the poll. I didn't expect that. It seems like opinions are more sharply divided about Bleu than the others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naitch View Post
    My heart so Bleu...

Voted for AH ed Blanche

Allure Homme Edt Blanche.

I have not tried Allure Sport or Allure Edition Blanche. I have, however, tried Bleu de Chanel. In my opinion, there is nothing too terribly exciting about Bleu de Chanel. Yet, whenever I wear it, I get lots of compliments.

I agree with Scentational. I don't think I would buy any of these three. I would instead buy Allure Homme Sport Cologne Sport. I have never recieved a compliment when wearing this cologne, but I simply love it! As others have said, this is something very uplifting and energizing about this fragrance.

It is hard to say. If you are looking for quality of scent I think the case can be made for Edition Blanche but if you are looking for compliments which has been brought up in this thread I've been complimented on all three but I think in general you will get more compliments from Bleu and Allure Sport than edition Blanche. Which do you guys think will bring more compliments Bleu or Allure Sport? I get bout the sam feedback from both.