Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution

Default Coeur de Vétiver Sacré by L'Artisan Parfumeur

On another L' Artisan Parfumeur thread, a brand new L' Artisan vetiver fragrance, Coeur de Vetiver Sacre, was mentioned so I thought I would mention it here in case anyone missed it on that thread:

Quote Originally Posted by gogopinkkitty View Post
    Hi!
    My name is Celene, and I am the U.S. Brand Manager from L'Artisan Parfumeur.

Glad to hear the excitement from all of you about our upcoming launch Coeur de Vetiver Sacre!

It is due in U.S. September 2010 exclusively at Barneys New York.
    For this launch we have asked the very talented perfumer, Carine Vinchon, to interpret the noble vetiver and we have imagined it as " an offering to the gods, a mystical journey between east and west, with its vibrant and ethereal woodiness..."

We have used a Haitian vetiver and a Robertet specialty heart vetiver to accentuate both the masculine and feminine qualities of this scent.

It sparkles with a freshness from black tea and bergomot, peppered with saffron, ginger, and coriander, and has accents of dates and dried apricot...

I hope this helps answer a few burning questions!
    Best,
    Celene

Now Smell This also posted a picture and more info...

...L’Artisan Parfumeur Coeur de Vétiver Sacré will be available in 50 ($95) or 100 ($135) ml Eau de Toilette, and will be exclusive to Barneys until next year...

Last edited by mikeperez23; 25th June 2010 at 04:57 PM.

Default Re: Coeur de Vétiver Sacré by L'Artisan Parfumeur

All those notes sure sound interesting , a busy lady with all that going on , I take it that Bertrand Duchaufour is behind it

This sounds very good and I eagerly await my chance to smell it. Though I find it particularly interesting that Bertrand Duchaufour isn't the nose behind this. I remember Fragrantica had an interview with him way back in August of last year. He commented at one point that....

Right now, I am so busy. I am working on several projects for L’Artisan Parfumeur, including a Vetiver, a Tuberose, and an Amber Oriental. And I just finished for the next launch an incredibly strong OUD. I am very happy with this one.
    So does this mean he was simply a collaborator? Was that project scrapped? Or can we expect another Vetiver in the future from L'Artisan?
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Basenotes Institution

Carine Vinchon is the nose P_M. I personally love what she did with L'Eau de Jatamansi also by L' Artisan.

I can't wait! This sounds very special, and I am also a fan of the Jatamansi.

I'm very excited for this...definitely on my radar. The notes sound excellent. I'm sure there will be more threads to remind me when it's released.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Thanks for the info! The notes sound amazinngggg. Definitely eager to try this one
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Bertrand Duchaufour wasn't involved in this one at all, and as far as I know isn't working on any vetiver for L'Artisan. His next one for them is a leather scent, coming out this fall, inspired by Istambul.

I smelled Coeur Sacré de Vétiver today. On the blotter it's got fairly rough terpenic top notes and on skin I found it went through a faintly sour phase, but that's just one spritz at the end of a busy day. I'm hoping to get a sample sometime next week for a fairer assessment -- the conditions were less than optimal.
    Last edited by carmencanada; 25th June 2010 at 09:29 PM.

Very much looking forward to this landing at Barneys. I thought I had enough vetivers and could live with just 3-4 good ones in the regular arsenal, but I'm oh-so interested. Thanks for the teaser, Carmencanada, and look forward to hearing more from you.

Vinchon is also the nose for one of the upcoming Amouage Opus scents (#3), which I'm also enthusiastic about.

I'm not too sure about this one - what with the dried fruit and the "masculine and feminine qualities" of vetiver comment. I'll try to keep an open mind and will definitely sample it, though.

Smelled it again this afternoon -- still no samples, but this time I got violet quite distinctly along with tea notes. Definitely needs to be tried on skin.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I smelled this yesterday, just after it arrived at Barneys in San Francisco. See me comments here.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeB View Post
    I smelled this yesterday, just after it arrived at Barneys in San Francisco. See me comments here.
    From your review it sounds intriguing. But the previous posters comment of violet + tea (with, I assume, the trademark L'Artisan wateriness) could be a deal breaker..
    -

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeB View Post
    Thanks for the comments Jaime. I am looking forward to trying it.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

This is Great.....My Vetiver collection is growing.....Gary

Just got my second try of this today and I am mostly underwhelmed. It is an interesting vetiver and like Denyse (carmencanada) I got the violet and tea.
    The vetiver is very straightforward and I am initially not as excited as I was.
    I didn't find it strange as Jaime did just sort of boring.
    I'll know better once I wear it a little more.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Somerville Metro Man View Post
    Just got my second try of this today and I am mostly underwhelmed. It is an interesting vetiver and like Denyse (carmencanada) I got the violet and tea.

Did you try this at Barney's in The Back Bay, Mark?

Quote Originally Posted by Somerville Metro Man View Post

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    Yes Barney's has a big tester of it. They told me it will be available in mid to late September.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Blog Entries

Thanks to the tester at my Barney's (and thanks to my favorite SA for the sample!), I'm wearing this today.

I'm really liking it.

It had that combination of dried fruits and cardamum that reminded me of Chergui, but with a big refreshing blast of bergamot on top. It took a while for the vetiver to really show up, but it came through after about an hour, quickly overpowering the fruit notes. It had the rose geranium of Encre Noire, so it smelled kind of like EN, but sweetened by the fruits and accompanied by the lingering spices.

I probably would have bought a bottle today if it had been in stock...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Basenotes Institution

I can't wait to smell this and Vetyverio by Diptyque.

Blog Entries

I tried it on skin again and had the same basic ideas, but I was able to compare it to Chergui directly. I still think it shares some of the herb mix, but the dried fruit note in Coeur is pretty much the same red fruit note in Fille en Anguilles, which is why it was giving me such strong Lutens flashbacks.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Got a sample of it today....find it very interseting indeed.

I like it, but again I'm not strong enough to break it down as many of the other people in here yet. lol

I just tried the sample I received in the mail yesterday. Like most L'artisan parfumeur's fragrances, Coeur de vétiver sacré is a high-quality product with an original personality. Unfortunately, it is not a keeper for me. Its staying power is not impressive (about two hours). Also, the black tea note overpowers the vetiver note which defeats the purpose of wearing a vetiver-based EDT. I am disappointed. I so wanted to love this fragrance. But I am sure it will smell wonderful on some people.

I was finally able to order Coeur de Vetiver Sacre from the Barneys website http://www.barneys.com/Coeur%20de%20...efault,pd.html, I just love it!!! I think this is the best scent from L'Artisan Parfumeur I've ever had!!

Am I the only person who smells a distinct link between this and Heeley's Cuir Pleine Fleur. The fruit is more transparent here, the mimosa is absent, and the overall effect was more sour-transparent-leather than the Heeley's earthy-floral-leather, but I couldn't shake the association.