Code of Conduct

Default Looking to buy a nice "tea scent"

Hey, guys. Im currently on the market looking to purchase my first "true" tea fragrance. Ive tried Tea for Two, and let me say, I didnt care much for it, at first. After a few wearings it definitely grew on me, I started to appreciate it more 'n more. I just wish the longevity was a little better, and it would also be a plus if they'd offer it in smaller-sized 50/75 mill bottles...as I dont see myself wearing this one too often. I really like the black tea vibe I get form tft, but Im also into more mintier notes, as well. So, pretty much any black/green decent tea frag, with good longevity - will do. Suggestions? The search didnt bring up enough results, so gotta ask!

Default Re: Looking to buy a nice "tea scent"

Check out Palais Jamais by Etro for a dry, smoky tea. Pretty inexpensive as well.

I think Bvlgari is the "tea fragrances house". I'll also suggest trying the Frapin line, a couple of the fragrances have a spicy tea vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing the Dragon View Post
    Check out Palais Jamais by Etro for a dry, smoky tea. Pretty inexpensive as well.
    Thanx for the quick reply. Is this supposed to be a unisex fragrance? Also, it seems like it would be a pretty hard to find one, too. I dont mind going blind for it, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekove View Post
    I think Bvlgari is the "tea fragrances house". I'll also suggest trying the Frapin line, a couple of the fragrances have a spicy tea vibe.
    Which Bvlgari's?

What timing! i'm sorting through my tea notes today and wearing a few as we speak!
    1. Tea for Two comes in a 50ml bottle FYI. While I agree longevity and sillage aren't great, I still really like this one.
    2. Try Bvlgari's. Like Black (rubber, smokey black tea, vanilla) - not much better lasting power then T42 though. There are others, I think one with green tea, called The Vert.
    3. My best rec is Gucci PH II.
    4. Also check out Russian Caravan Tea Water Perfume by CB I Hate Perfume, plus read the comments HERE for more ideas.
    5. For a different "tea", L'Occitane's got one called Lemon and Honey or something which I think has Chamomile in it.
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 24th September 2010 at 08:39 PM.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Gucci Pour Homme II

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    What timing! i'm sorting through my tea notes today and wearing a few as we speak!
    1. Tea for Two comes in a 50ml bottle FYI. While I agree longevity and sillage aren't great, I still really like this one.
    2. Try Bvlgari's. Like Black (rubber, smokey black tea, vanilla) - not much better lasting power then T42 though. There are others, I think one with green tea maybe?
    3. My best rec is Gucci PH II.
    4. Also check out Russian Caravan Tea Water Perfume by CB I Hate Perfume
    Thanx for the suggestions, bro. The local place I buy my l'Artisans from only carry 100 mill bottles, so thanx for the heads up. I sampled Bvlg Black a while ago and for some reason didnt catch much tea in it. The Gucci one I have yet to try, though Im not really fond of their fragrances in general (too synthetic smelling, imo). I'll also look into the CB cologne, as well.

I can only second what has been said:

1) Gucci PH 2
    2) Bulgari PH Soir
    3) (Assuming here, never tried) L'Artisan Tea for Two

Quote Originally Posted by Force of One View Post
    I can only second what has been said:

1) Gucci PH 2
    2) Bulgari PH Soir
    3) (Assuming here, never tried) L'Artisan Tea for Two
    Bvlg Soir - did not care for.
    Tea for Two - loved it. Only lasts 2-3 hours on me, tops.

Gucci PH II seems nice. Sounds like the longevity would be suspect with this one, after reading the reviews.

Basenotes Institution

Parfumerie Generale's L'eau Rare Matale and Hyperessence Matale ( Hyperssence is similar but stronger than Rare Matale )
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    Parfumerie Generale's L'eau Rare Matale and Hyperessence Matale ( Hyperssence is similar but stronger than Rare Matale )
    $150 is a bit too steep for a blind buy. I'll definitely order a sample, though. Thanx.

Serge Lutens - Five O'Clock Au Gingembre
    It's a nice tea time with good old granny over at her place. If that is what you had in mind, sample it. Wasn't really my cup of tea though.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by FragDeck View Post
    $150 is a bit too steep for a blind buy. I'll definitely order a sample, though. Thanx.
    I understand - but it is good stuff. Both are ! I found Tea For Two - okay- ish but not that special.

I understand - but it is good stuff. Both are ! I found Tea For Two - okay- ish but not that special.
    Do you own a bottle? Hows the longevity?

Basenotes Institution

No - like you- I was looking for tea scents and I ordered - those 3- Tea for Two , and the 2 PGs. I LOVE the PGs especially Hyperessence Matale. I would buy the Hyperessence myself. The Rare Matale doesn't last too long I'm afraid. The Hyperessence Matale does seem to have good longevity on my skin.

The PGs are 'clean' tea IMHO .
    If you want smokey ....
    On Etsy there is a shop called Vireo Perfumes - she does Lapsong Suchong Oil and a perfume called Smoke Follows Beauty with lapsong Suchong in it. I ordered some of her Lapsong Suchong Oil - waiting for it to arrive. Link : http://www.etsy.com/shop/VireoPerfumes?ref=seller_info

Les Treizieme Heure by Cartier has a strong smokey Lapsong Suchong accord - unfortunately, it doesn't last- it turns ambery vanilla in the drydown . Not to mention limited availability and high price !

Sur la Plage

Have you tried Coeur de Vétiver Sacré by L'Artisan Parfumeur?
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

The PGs are 'clean' tea IMHO .
    If you want smokey ....
    It doesnt have to be smokey. I like clean, minty tea notes, as well. I'll sample the Parfumerie Generale tea blends, for sure. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Have you tried Coeur de Vétiver Sacré by L'Artisan Parfumeur?
    I just gave my sample a whiff and it definitely smells like green tea out of the vial, though I dont get none of that on my skin! What a downer. Its green but not really a tea scent, on me. : //

I gotta test this one again, maybe I missed something. Thanx
    Last edited by FragDeck; 24th September 2010 at 10:23 PM.

Not my area but but tea scents I have appreciated, Bulgari, The Blanc, The Rouge and PDN Fig Tea, I've yet to try a tea with great longevity. Didn't like Tea for Two, nor Bulgari Black, or The Vert.

Rocawear X has black tea in it. Didn't see it mentioned yet on basenotes, but came out in 2009. It has some fruit in it, so if you want something kinda sweet and fruity, try this. Otherwise, go with Bulgari Soir.

Roberto Verino - Verino PH

Quote Originally Posted by BradW View Post
    Rocawear X has black tea in it. Didn't see it mentioned yet on basenotes, but came out in 2009. It has some fruit in it, so if you want something kinda sweet and fruity, try this. Otherwise, go with Bulgari Soir.
    Yeah..Im not really into sweet stuff.
    I dont smell any tea in Bvlg Soir. I have a small bottle of it that I've completely forgotten about.
    Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    Roberto Verino - Verino PH
    This one sounds interesting. It looks like its been discontinued ://

The Vert

Thanx for the quick reply. Is this supposed to be a unisex fragrance? Also, it seems like it would be a pretty hard to find one, too. I dont mind going blind for it, by the way.
    I find that it leans more to the masculine side of unisex. IMO it shares some characteristics with Jacomo de Jacomo, which is very masculine. Can't think of any feminine frags even close to it. Shouldn't be too hard to find, I bought it blind a couple weeks ago at an online discounter.

Bvlgari Pour Homme or Pour Homme Extreme
    Gucci Pour Homme II
    Myrrhe Ardente EDP by Annick Goutal (similar to Tea for Two)

Yes I am on the same vibe as volley2 for tea scents:

Bulgari Pour Homme my sotd for a couple about a year ten years ago. It is still a favorite.
    Gucci Pour Homme II - a very good and underrated fragrance.
    and also,
    Cartier Roadster - mint and tea - very pleasant but a little light compared to T42!
    Eau de Fier, Annick Goutal very dark black tea with smoked woods - along a similar path to CDG Tea but is more interesting.

for black tea - Annick Goutal Duel
    green tea - L'Occitane Green Tea (also called The Vert), they also have Green Tea with Jasmine. They also made a Green Tea with Mint that I think is discontinued but you might find it by looking around. There is one on ebay right now:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/LOCCITANE-GREEN-...item43a1e8a4a4

I recently bought a used bottle of L'Occitane Green Tea with Mint off ebay. The auctions seem to come and go, so it's a hit or miss thing. I ended up paying about 25 dollars for it. It just kinda smelled like a sweet cup of tea under my nose. OK, but nothing special based on my testing. I'll probably give it a wearing in the spring, when such scents are probably most suitable. For green tea, I actually think that
    Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea Scent is probably unisex enough for a guy. More floral and garden-like compared to the L'Occitane IMO.

I'll second Five O'Clock au Gingembre by Serge Lutens. It's an autumn/winter lapsang souchong black tea scent with candied ginger, honey, cacao, cinnamon and bergamot. Quite long lasting.

DeepSilence

Kenzo Power !!

Quote Originally Posted by DeepSilence View Post
    Kenzo Power !!
    Tea in that? Really? I own a bottle, by the way.

Thanx for all your help, guys! I definitely have my work cut out for me. Sample, sample, sample...

Gucci PH II - very nice
    Yang - I always get compliments
    RectoVerso Tea Tobacco - rare and excellent
    Bulgari Homme Soir -- others say black tea. I just like it
    My motto for life: "If you have to choose, choose BOTH."

Myrrhe Ardent (Annick Goutal) has no tea. It's all about "root beer"
    My motto for life: "If you have to choose, choose BOTH."

DeepSilence

Tea in that? Really? I own a bottle, by the way.

Thanx for all your help, guys! I definitely have my work cut out for me. Sample, sample, sample...

Interesting! just i, feel Tea leaf on it!
    My nose needs to regulate

I get hints of tea in Ralph Lauren Romance Silver for men! Discontinued but can be found online and in many shops still!

Well, Bvlgari's The Rouge definitely smells like sweet milky breakfast tea. But as an EDC, it doesn't really last that long. For some reason, they like to make tea scents that don't last very long, or projects very close to the skin. Osmanthe Yunnan (Hermes) and Oolang Infiniti (Atelier) both are nice tea scents, but they have hardly any sillage and don't last too long at all.

The other tea scent you can try is The pour L'Ete. It's more like a green floral tea, but still nice.

Bvlgari Black, Yang, Duel and Soir are the only tea scents I own. Can't say I'm overly fond of any of them. I tend to get sick of tea scents by the end of the day, in much the same way I get sick of tobacco scents.
    Renato