Code of Conduct

Default Vintage Tabarome by CREED

Greetings Everyone!

Are there any fragrances that come close to smelling like CREED's Vintage Tabarome?
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

“I wanna say something. I’m gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you don’t, send it right back…."

Default Re: Vintage Tabarome by CREED

Thanks arlecchino !
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

Nothing really does what Vintage Tabarome does.
    I don't wear it, but I keep a 50ml atomizer, enough to smell it when needed.
    It's to be re-released as a limited edition either this winter or next,
    claiming they found more "old stock"... :P
    They're really so full of it for how they're doing the wearers of VT,
    jacking the price up way higher than it was just a few years ago, with artifical scarcity.
    What was it 3 years ago, $225 or so for a 8.4oz flacon?

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Nothing really does what Vintage Tabarome does. I don't wear it, but I keep a 50ml atomizer, enough to smell it when needed. It's to be re-released as a limited edition either this winter or next, claiming they found more "old stock"... :P They're really so full of it for how they're doing the wearers of VT, jacking the price up way higher than it was just a few years ago, with artifical scarcity. What was it 3 years ago, $225 or so for a 8.4oz flacon?
    Agreed, it is one of the most perfect juices. I'll believe a re-release when I see it. Most of the talk I feel is here-say and conjecture by bored SA's at Neiman Marcus. But even a re-release will surely embrace the reformulated Vintage Tabarome along with Cuir de Russie ...

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    Creed CDR suffered very badly from reformulation. The older stock was much smokier and more birch-tar heavy. The last batch they made was, to be honest, a bit lame - hence the discontinuation, I think. It dissapeared off the market for a while in about 05 or 06 and then came back reformulated much for the worse.
    They changed the juice and bottle (green to clear glass) in 2008. Still one of the most refined of fragrances. I would love to track down an older flacon of Cuir de Russie and Bois de Santal.

Nothing that I've smelled comes close to Vintage Tabarome. I love it but I cant I wear it often. I'd buy a small decant it should last longer than expected.

I had the chance to buy a flacon of Bois de Santal for like $200 last year or so. Unfortunately at the time i had not smelled it so trying not be blind buy I passed. When I did finally smell it I loved it. Oh well, win some lose some

Sorry. This one occupies a lofty place to which many frags would aspire.

"Smells like?" Nothing.

Same "attitude?" Perhaps a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosehavn View Post
    Greetings Everyone!

Are there any fragrances that come close to smelling like CREED's Vintage Tabarome?
    You know those glass vials of liquid Ginseng available just about everywhere? I get a VT vibe when I pop the top. Not wearable, but an olfactory reminder.

It surprises me that someone hasn't tried to make something that smells similar to vintage Tabarome. Perhaps Mugler or Tom Ford will give it a try?!

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Rosehavn View Post
    It surprises me that someone hasn't tried to make something that smells similar to vintage Tabarome. Perhaps Mugler or Tom Ford will give it a try?!
    I doubt they would try, because I don't think it would be a big seller.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Indefini Man although not a match has a hint of the Creed.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I doubt they would try, because I don't think it would be a big seller.
    Exactly. If Vintage Tabarome sold well, Creed would have found a way to keep making it.

Really, really like VT? Well not exactly, however MpG Eau des Iles seems to me to have some similarities.

Though I think selling it only in the 8.4 oz size may have something to do with it not selling well before.

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells View Post
    Though I think selling it only in the 8.4 oz size may have something to do with it not selling well before.
    It could well be their conscious decision to not offer VT in smaller flacons to satiate the appetite of Creed elitists.

l occitane vetiver is similar

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells View Post
    Quite true AZemalls. My first experience with it was when it was only available in flacons.

Someone with a longer track record than me may weigh in, but I believe it was only available in 8.4 ounce falcons near the end of it's days (Said end of days being quite awhile actually). I believe it had once been offered in standard Creed bottles. But what I'm think I'm seeing unfold is that when a Creed scent is nearing the end of the trail, it may only be available in flacons. As the slow selling bottles peter out, they are not replaced and only some flacons are left.