Code of Conduct

Default Kalimantan by Chantecaille

So I went back to Nieman's today..working close to there these past 2 weeks has been dangerous...and I was sniffing around trying different stuff. The SA there said he had a new one that unisex but beautiful that he thought I should at least smell..Kalimantan by Chantecaille. I have to say, I usually run from some unisex fragrances because they don't do well on me but this is some BEAUTIFUL stuff...at least on the card. Nice bottle
    too. I get alot of the patchouli, incense and vanilla. Ironically, though, I don't like the new Gentleman from D&G, BUT this is what it might be like if done well and made unisex...add incense. You guys should try this.

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/C...ntan-9970.html

Kalimantan fragrance is inspired by the intoxicating and lush forests of Borneo, available on the market from September 2010. The nose of the compositions is the perfumer Pierre Negrin. Intense, sexy and exotic, it features the notes of labdanum, incense and patchouli, merged with benzoin, vanilla and cedar, to illustrate the fragrant wild flora of the island of Borneo.
    Top notes: thyme, rosemary and bergamot. Heart: incense, labdanum and patchouli. Base: benzoin, agar, styrax, vanilla and cedar.

It comes in a beautiful glass bottle of 75 ml.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Default Re: Kalimantan by Chantecaille

I just noticed that the site I put up here mentioned it was a female scent. It was in the mens and marketed as unisex. I really think many here will like it.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Blog Entries

Neiman's is pretty good about putting potentially masculine scents marketed to women in their men's sections. I think their clientele generally have a similar attitude to it as BNers...

I actually just tried the first three, Petales, Vetyver, and Kalimantan. Kalimantan was definitely the most interesting and smelled like a full-on weird niche masterpiece, but I found Vetyver the most wearable, even if it didn't really break any new ground. For the ladies, or if you can wear tuberose/jasmine, Petales was actually quite good, too. I was definitely impressed by the line.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Quote Originally Posted by rogalal View Post
    Neiman's is pretty good about putting potentially masculine scents marketed to women in their men's sections. I think their clientele generally have a similar attitude to it as BNers...

I actually just tried the first three, Petales, Vetyver, and Kalimantan. Kalimantan was definitely the most interesting and smelled like a full-on weird niche masterpiece, but I found Vetyver the most wearable, even if it didn't really break any new ground. For the ladies, or if you can wear tuberose/jasmine, Petales was actually quite good, too. I was definitely impressed by the line.
    I didn't know anything about their other scents. It was kind of on its own on the non-niche counter. I enjoyed the pureness of the notes.
    --Ben Hogan

Sur la Plage

Neiman's is pretty good about putting potentially masculine scents marketed to women in their men's sections.
    Don't they know they are upsetting the balance of nature by doing that?

I liked both Kalimantan and Vetyver. But I felt I had covered both territories with what I already own, so no need to purchase them.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 26th September 2010 at 11:03 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Blog Entries

Sadly, the other folks at the SF meet-up today dismissed it as smelling like Coromandel... But I still think the smoky cumin sets it apart.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Sur la Plage

Sadly, the other folks at the SF meet-up today dismissed it as smelling like Coromandel... But I still think the smoky cumin sets it apart.
    It does have a nice spiciness to it that I really like.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I left the card from Friday in my car and today saw it and smelled it again...still really strong compared to the other samples I tried. Still very nice for me. I doubt I'd buy it...I'm still obsessing about Halston Man Amber...but I nice surprise. I'll have to try their other stuff. Thanks for the input petruccijc and rogalal, I knew nothing about this house.
    --Ben Hogan

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I was one of those who compared this to Chanel Coromandel. It also reminded me, I realized later, though I didn't say so at the time, of Guerlain Bois d'Arménie. I hope Rogalal didn't think that my comparison was meant as a put-down, because putting it in the company of those two is actually pretty high praise in my book. Since I have the other two, I might not get Kalimantan because it seems redundant in terms of my collection; on the other hand, I like woody orientals so much that I might well get it at some point if nothing else is burning a $175-sized hole in my pocket...
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cćlum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

This simply has to be the most sexy perfume on the planet for 2010 - it's absolutely addictive - well done Chantecaille x

Maybe its just my skin - but after the top notes fade away - about 10 minutes, Kalimantan goes pure skank on me - with a bit of cumin and oud. I don't know if its just my chemistry but the smell doesn't match what I would expect in the pretty feminine Chantecaille bottle.
    Check out my new blog http://www.NotableScents.net