Code of Conduct

Talking gendarme vs clean men

ive been wanting to get a clean, fresh and soapy fragrance for college and these two fragrances really stand out. plus ive read most celebrities wear these two.. hey who doesn't want to smell like a celebrity lol. so guys which one u think i should get?

Default Re: gendarme vs clean men

Bump.

I'd also like to know more about these two frags and how they compare to one another. Cheers.

Default gendarme vs clean men

Interesting 3 hour bump I kid.

I personally would opt for Gendarme. I actually own Clean but have worn Gendarme a couple times and I would say it's more what you're looking for. Clean can be pretty over the top and not put together as well as the Gendarme.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

So do u think gendarme is good for college?

Quote Originally Posted by zerkses18 View Post
    So do u think gendarme is good for college?
    For college, for work, for whenever. You'll never be labeled "That stinky cologne guy". It's one of the reasons politicians like it - no chance of offending a constituent.

Gendarme is awesome, one of my favorite scents. I've spoken at length about it with Topper Schroeder, the creator. Actually, Topper told me all about it when I walked into his store looking for samples. Nice guy, always at the Gendarmerie in West Hollywood.

It's innocuous, not a "hey everyone, I'm wearing something!" scent, so if you're buying it in hopes of getting attention, think again. I've gotten compliments on it, yet I couldn't even tell I had any on. You almost can't overdo the application. If you end up liking it, buy the 10oz aluminum bottle - much better deal and you'll go through it quickly if you become a fan. Best deal I've seen for the 4oz bottle is on Parfum1.com.

Gendarme is a comfortable clean thick breezy stealthy scent that's easy to like.
    Last edited by adonis; 25th September 2010 at 06:45 AM.

Give the Prada Infusions and Amber a sniff if you're not dead set on one of the others.

Gendarme is one of the best "clean" scents you could come across. It's the kind of cologne that olfactory habituation happens quickly. Just when you think it's gone people will notice how clean and elegant the fragrance is, especially if they are up close. Gendarme offers an EDP version of the original which even lasts longer and has greater sillage. Women have complimented me on this fragrance many hours after I've sprayed it. It truly is a masterpiece......

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Gendarme EDP is a much better choice, IMO. Good sillage and longevity more than enough for a school day.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

In fairness, I haven't sample clean. But Gendarme seems to own this territory.

The thing with Gendarme is it wont make you smell like you're wearing a fragrance, but rather that fabric softner, fresh out the dryer scent. Here is my experiance with soapy fragrances:

Mugler Cologne = Green Irish Spring barsoap type smell

Gendarme = Fabric softner fresh out the dryer smell

Prada Infusion = expensive hotel barsoap
    Bottles for Swap:

Givenchy Pour Homme 1.7oz(97% full)
    CK Obsession Night 1.7oz(97% full)
    Cerruti 1881 1.7oz(50% full)
    Un Jardin Sur De Nil(95% full)

Looking for:

Chanel Allure Sport
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Polo Blue
    Fahrenheit Absolute
    Dolce and Gabbana The One

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Armor King View Post
    Mugler Cologne = Green Irish Spring barsoap type smell

Prada Infusion = expensive hotel barsoap
    I recommend trying these two.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    Gendarme EDP is a much better choice, IMO. Good sillage and longevity more than enough for a school day.

I agree, the EDP version is pretty potent, I get anywhere from 8-12 hours longevity out of this one. The original lasts about 6 hours or so. Have you ever tried Grabazzi? It smells like a million dollar bar of soap, great stuff!

I much prefer Gendarme over Clean for Men. I'd suggest trying the others in the Clean series which can be found at Sephora. They're generally in the womens section, but most are unisex. To me, Clean for Men smells like Fruity Pebbles but the others in the line are much better. They have one, I forget which, that smells very much like Gendarme.

I don't think you can get any cleaner than Gendarme. For a right out of the shower scent or the smell of freshly washed linens hanging on a clothesline on a beautiful sunny summer day this is it. I did a side by side test, Gendarme EDP with Gurlain's Vetiver and Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland and Gendarme came out the cleanest. Patrick for about $30 gave Gendarme a serious run for top spot and initially was a little stronger and a little soapier, Vetiver because of the tobacco was the most mature. All had staying power and all are very good. "Slick Willy" Bill Clinton wears Gendarme dailey. Vetiver was President Kennedys signiture scent and both were considered ladys men. Based on what you like and your budget if you're looking for an everyday clean scent, (what woman don't like men to smell clean and non- offensive) these are some of the best in their price range.If you're looking for something greener (violet leaf) I love Lightscape by Ulrich Lang. Oh by the way, when you think the scent is gone, it's not. I've gotten compliments on all of them after I thought they were gone. I have not tried Clean for men.