Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Point Blank

Default Re: Got my Green Irish Tweed on Walgreens.com......did I make a mistake?

Why to Creed? I don't get it. What can they say? "Oh, yes, that one bottle we sent to Walgreens, we messed it up as a prank. No worries though, the stuff is legit."?

You should of course contact Walgreens, ask them if they ever cover the serial number, if they say no, ask to exchange your bottle, because it's obviously not from their standard selection.

Default Re: Got my Green Irish Tweed on Walgreens.com......did I make a mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Why to Creed? I don't get it. What can they say? "Oh, yes, that one bottle we sent to Walgreens, we messed it up as a prank. No worries though, the stuff is legit."?

You should of course contact Walgreens, ask them if they ever cover the serial number, if they say no, ask to exchange your bottle, because it's obviously not from their standard selection.
    I did contact Walgreens...they haven't called me back after their "investigation"...I only contacted Creed to see if it was common for them to paint over serial numbers on bottles that are sent to other distributors to be sold for a discount rate.
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

I only own 1 Creed (Original Vetiver) that I got from fragrancenet. I never thought about looking at the serial number because it smelled great when I got it, and now, 2 years and 3/4 of a bottle later, it still smells great. But after reading this thread I decided to check out the serial number, just for poops and laughs, and lo and behold, it isn't there! Mine wasn't painted over though, it was completely chipped off!

But I'm still not worried about it. When I got it, it smelled identical to the sample I got from the Perfumed Court.

Theres no big mystery here. Many of the unauthorized online sellers of creed have these numbers ground off and painted over. And its not the sellers doing it, its the people distributing it. Someone down the line, is an authorized distributor and they are diverting the stock to these companies. Removing the lot #'s prevents it being traced back to them, which could cause them to lose their distributorship with Creed.

Some bottles have them removed some dont. Im sure its whoever the distributor is buying from (multiple sources im sure). Which then sells them to places like walgreens, fragrancenet etc. Infact its probably the same company that sells to both of those.

If it were fake, it would also have a fake lot#. No counterfeiter would do something like that which would obviously raise red flags with consumers.

So if you get one thats had the lot # removed, its because you got a real one, and they dont want Creed knowing where it came from.

Quote Originally Posted by SJRTX View Post
    Theres no big mystery here. Many of the unauthorized online sellers of creed have these numbers ground off and painted over. And its not the sellers doing it, its the people distributing it. Someone down the line, is an authorized distributor and they are diverting the stock to these companies. Removing the lot #'s prevents it being traced back to them, which could cause them to lose their distributorship with Creed.

Some bottles have them removed some dont. Im sure its whoever the distributor is buying from (multiple sources im sure). Which then sells them to places like walgreens, fragrancenet etc. Infact its probably the same company that sells to both of those.

If it were fake, it would also have a fake lot#. No counterfeiter would do something like that which would obviously raise red flags with consumers.

So if you get one thats had the lot # removed, its because you got a real one, and they dont want Creed knowing where it came from.
    Very interesting points...

Quote Originally Posted by SJRTX View Post

He's right. This argument makes the most sense and I've heard it made more than once.

I think you can rest assured you got a legit and probably fairly current product. It's not as though this was purchased from some eBay seller with a questionable reputation. This came from a reputable source. If you're really that paranoid, demand a refund (or exchange) and buy another bottle.

On a side note, I got another bottle of GIT and it smells nothing like the other two I have...I'm beginning to see why people on here have said that you never know with Creeds....I actually like the smell of the one I was concerned about more than the ones I bought from Neiman Marcus...crazy...

Quote Originally Posted by taint it sweet View Post
    On a side note, I got another bottle of GIT and it smells nothing like the other two I have...I'm beginning to see why people on here have said that you never know with Creeds....I actually like the smell of the one I was concerned about more than the ones I bought from Neiman Marcus...crazy...
    I got a fake bottle of GIT and I think I liked the juice even more than the real deal. This was early in my hobby, so perhaps my experience would be different now.

^^^ Very interesting... I've read a lot of complaints on here about Fragrancenet...one of the bottles I got through Walgreens that actually has a visible serial number indicates "batch" 2010...so I'm assuming it's a newer bottle...although, I've read so many different interpretations of the serial number I don't know what it means. Anyway, thanks for all the feedback.. I'm enjoying the fragrance, so I'm happy for the time being.

Did Walgreens or Creed contact you about your inquiries?

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolCharm View Post
    Did Walgreens or Creed contact you about your inquiries?
    I talked to Walgreens and they sent me out a new one with a serial number with "10" as the middle number...same as my one from NM...however, I actually think the original one I got from them with the numbers painted over smelled much stronger. I've read from a couple people on here that Creed is supposed to "age" and smell more potent as time goes on up until it starts to decline....but I don't know if there's any truth to that. Also, it seems to have a little stronger of alcohol than the first one. Oh well...smells pretty good either way.

I wrote to CREED regarding Walgreens selling CREED perfumes. Here is the reply:

"Thank you for thinking of CREED and for writing.

The store you mention is not an authorized retailer of CREED. That means it
    does not obtain its products from this company, the only authorized
    distribution channel for CREED products in North America by exclusive legal
    agreement with the CREED family and company in Paris.

In the US, authorized retailers of CREED include Neiman Marcus (and
    www.neimanmarcus.com) as well as www.creedboutique.com.

For the protection of consumers, we urge purchasing only from these and
    other authorized retailers, including Bergdorf Goodman, select
    Bloomingdale's stores, select Nordstrom's locations and the CREED boutique
    at 794 Madison Avenue at 67th Street in New York (1.877.273.3344).

Other retailers may offer products that are aged, defective, discarded or
    counterfeit.

CREED works with government and others to combat unauthorized sales, and
    there are many success stories. However, an informed consumer is the best
    defense.

I hope this information is helpful.

To stay informed of the latest CREED news, please sign up for our free
    e-newsletter here: http://tinyurl.com/6dt3mc5. Or sign up for CREED text
    alerts by texting CREED to 25827. (Standard rates apply.) Or follow CREED
    on Facebook, www.facebook.com/creedboutique or Twitter,
    www.twitter.com/creedboutique.

Respectfully,

Adam E. B. Brecht
    Vice President
    Corporate Communications
    International Cosmetics & Perfumes, Inc.
    30 West 21st Street 7th Floor
    New York, New York 10010
    office: 212.643.1149
    cell: 917.385.2977
    fax: 212.643.0263
    www.icperfumes.com "

So, Is Walgreens selling grey market products which could be fake or manufactured with lower standards or quality?

Probably just older stock.

Cmax...

thanks newbie for bumping old and annoying thread, one of only about a million others regarding this product.
    why dont you ask Creed why they keep selling their aged and defective stock in such huge quantities? They are just having it at both ends like the upmarket slut we all know they are

wow, basically creed sent back a generic answer.
    Tom Ford Splits!!!! - Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir - PATCHOULI ABSOLU
    Plum Japonais, Italian Cypress, Neroli Portofino, Costa Azzura, Azure Lime, Champacca Absolute

HARD TO FIND - Lavender Palm, Arabian Wood, and AMBER ABSOLUTE, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Quote Originally Posted by taint it sweet View Post
    I sent an email to Creed...just mentioned the paint,etc...we'll see what they say.
    Let me take a guess: buy only from us... even if you pay double and the product isn't any better.

We'll nevertheless appreciate your business. Erwin needs a new Ferrari (-;

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeltov View Post
    Let me take a guess: buy only from us... even if you pay double and the product isn't any better.

We'll nevertheless appreciate your business. Erwin needs a new Ferrari (-;
    Have you met WildThingy?

Basenotes Member

I am new to Creed. I have bought only from two online stores. Walgreens and Perfume.com. Not knowing what Creed smells like from Marcus or directly from Creed I cant compare, but this is what I found.

GIT and OV from walgreens both smeel great, nothing strange about the btls and look like the btls in every way from the Creed Boutq. Neither last all day but both are decent. I do get 4 or 5 hours with wiffs here and ther a few hrs after that. I really do not think a business like walgreens will sell bad or imitiated product and I think their buyers know what to look for in bad product.

I bought Creed orininal Santal from perfume .com and again, the btl looks legit and the product smells great and lasts the same 4-5 hrs, maybe 6 hrs.

Both stores had the middle eastern little lable, so I dont know whats up with that, but I really feel I bought the real deal. walgreens is too big to get suckered into buying crap and they would not want to take that chance..IMHO.

If its from fragrancenet, it's legit... And if it doesn't smell rancid, you're good... Longevity varied with creeds... So the age of juice won't effect that