Code of Conduct

Default What is this Monotheme Nature's Elements line ?

I recently acquired Tabaco Latino, and it's really good for a "cheapo," sort of like B*Men toned down significantly and then an unsmoked cigarette note was added. I did some research and noticed that this is part of a line, which includes a vetiver frag. I'm wondering if anyone knows much about them. The box for TL has Mavive on it, which makes Pino Silvestre and Pal Zileri. While TL is quite good, it's definitely not niche quality ingredients, from what I can tell. Is this line supposed to be a step up from Pino Silvestre quality (which has a generic drydown), while trying do niche-like frags (in terms of composition)? That's my guess.

Default Re: What is this Monotheme Nature's Elements line ?

I own Vetiver Bourbon and Macchia Mediterranea. Most of the ones from this line (labeled only as Monotheme but named the Classic Collection on the Mavive website) and the Flowers line are available here at low prices, less than $25/bottle.

They are pleasant, relatively simple, light fragrances, which smell good enough but aren't heavy hitters by any means. Most of them contain some citrus and floral notes which help keep them light and a bit fresh. Although they are not Eau de Colognes, they remind me of them in overall presentation. I have spent very little time with these, and I haven't worn either of them in about two years, so there's not much else I can say.

I've briefly tried several others, including Patchouly Leaves, Green Tea, White Tea, Agrumi di Sicilia, and Cashmere Wood, and they are in a similar vein. I haven't sampled any of the Flowers line.

My impression is that Monotheme is trying to make good value, attractively presented, decently constructed, light fragrances which have wide appeal, especially among customers who don't want to spend a lot of money on fragrances.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    ...My impression is that Monotheme is trying to make good value, attractively presented, decently constructed, light fragrances which have wide appeal, especially among customers who don't want to spend a lot of money on fragrances.
    Even Monotheme couldn't have put it better.

I own Black Musk, a beautiful minimalist woody floral. I smelt Vetiver Bourbon and it is one of the best vetivers i ever smelt. At the time, i was not that enamoured to vetiver as i am now and deeply regret not buying it then.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

i own black musk as well. i bought it cause the cedar kinda reminded me of antaeus. but there is a nice musk in it as well. better and cheaper than the body shop's white musk for men. the drydown of this one i'm not so happy with unfortunately. i should've gotten the vetiver bourbon. see that's what i got initially but they forgot to put it in my shopping bag. when i went back i got black musk instead. another one to take note of is their aquatic. i think it's called marina or mare. i was like naw dude i hate aquatics but it really went well with my skin. so the vetiver and aquatic get my vote!

I have Black Musk, Patchouli Leaves and Tabac Latino. Bought the Vetiver Bourbon today. Especially the Patchouli Leaves I like a lot. Longevity might be a slight problem if you want the fragrance to last the whole day. On me longevity is +/- 5 to 6 hours, which is not so bad for a cheaper fragrance. I'm sure I will buy more Monotheme fragrances...,,, if I can find them. Sometimes Ebay has some for cheap.
    --- If your dog thinks you are the greatest person
    in the world, don't seek a second opinion ---

Anybody else have any idea where to find these Monotheme fragrances, outside Ebay ?
    Thanks

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Snaggy1 View Post
    Anybody else have any idea where to find these Monotheme fragrances, outside Ebay ?
    Thanks
    http://www.emporioitaliano.com/Monotheme_Store.html for one.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    Thank you for the link.
    But $48 for a bottle and $12 Postage? Seems pretty high to me, specially when I found my Monotheme on Ebay for around $18.

that's pretty high back here in manila it's sold at rustan's not sure for how long but they cost 1250 which is about $30...

looks like you got a pretty good deal on ebay.

For TL, check perfumania.

Can someone tell me where I can purchase a bottle of Tabaco Latino without paying the ridiculous price of $48 for it? I used to purchase it all the time at a perfume shop at the airport in Las Vegas for like $11 a bottle. But then they stopped carrying it. If I can't get it at a reasonable price I'd just as soon move on to something else. Thanks if you can help me.

Can you please tell me where you acquired the TL? I can't seem to locate it anywhere.

I've got a couple at $19 each (USA only), but I haven't seen it anywhere else in a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    I've got a couple at $19 each (USA only), but I haven't seen it anywhere else in a very long time.
    I just bought one of those from Bigsly recently and it is definetely unique. Not very complex but an easy wear. $19 well spent.

Thanks for the endorsement! It's definitely more "unisex" than something like Michael for Men (Kors), sort of like a toned down B*Men with a tobaccco note added and more dry, sandalwoody than whatever wood note is in B*Men.

I have tried Agrumi di Sicilia & Ciclamino from this brand and personally didn't like either.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I have tried Agrumi di Sicilia & Ciclamino from this brand and personally didn't like either.
    What's odd is that it seems like this line was supposed to be focused on one note per fragrance (perhaps similar to Aqua Allegoria by Guerlain), but TL seems like an attempt to make an affordable version of Vento Canale.

I've bought two bottles from eBay seller cache4all in the past and they were cheap and quickly shipped. Haven't checked the stock in a while. It might not hurt to contact this seller if you're looking.
    "You just keep me hangin' on." -- Farewell, Lou.