Code of Conduct

Default I have wanting to try Slavador Dali pour homme forever and finally purchased a mini 0.25 oz

I heard that this is a dark potion... a dark gothic scent that is weird and strange.... i love weird scent so had to try this one... bought a mini on line tonight 0.25 oz... i am looking forward to try this fragrance... what can i expect from this fragrance? What does it smell like to you?
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Default Re: I have wanting to try Slavador Dali pour homme forever and finally purchased a mini 0.25 oz

I don't find it weird nor strange, but definitely pleasant. My guess is that you will like it.

Default Re: I have wanting to try Slavador Dali pour homme forever and finally purchased a mini 0.25 oz

Hey, I've got that same mini on the way from scentedmonkey. The little .25 oz/8 ml one.
    This is supposed to be a good, very different powerhouse type frag. I'm anxious to try it also.
    Some of the reviews of it are pretty weird, I'll admit.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I'm repeating a quote from a Basenote member that " It's so wicked and strange, it's something Satan would wear!" . Now I think That's funny! However, the fragrance is very complex and fascinating! Here are the notes and you can judge for yourself:

I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

As another weird-frag lover, I'm interested in trying this stuff as well.

Well you are certainly in for a 'treat', shall we say

If you don't like castoreum forget it. Also, I have a feeling that it was reformulated, probably cheapened up considerably, and your mini is likely original. If you then get a 50 or 100 ml bottle it may not smell the same. For me, if the frag has a lot of castoreum it's good for cold weather; otherwise, it tends to irritate me after an hour or so.

I don't know. I certainly don't think it's limited to any age-group, albeit would be odd on certain young business-like people I'd guess...or whatever.

Sometimes I think it's just too much, therefore boring, and fairly linear anyway. It is really one of the fragrances that I at the same time can get many different impressions from depending on circumstance. Something I wear if I'm in the mood (and it's not summer).
    1. Une Fleur de Cassie
    2. A Travers Le Miroir
    3. Nol au Balcon
    4. Ghost Man / Bvlgari Black

It's an odd fragrance for sure. The notes don't give away the fragrance in my opinion. It has a very heavy church-y gothic smell and is very strong and long lasting. Bigsly is correct - the 8ml minis are the original formulation and the 100ml bottle I have smells 95% same as the mini but lacks the depth and intensity which make the fragrance unique. I have a feeling that the muguet (Lily-of-the-valley) and Jasmine are two ingredients which aren't up to scatch in the reformulation as the 100ml bottle I have is lacking in its previously deep, floral heart.

There are no reference fragrances. Aleister Crowley would have worn this.

- - - Updated - - -