Code of Conduct

Question Beverly Hills Gale Hayman......CIVET, CIVET, CIVET !! Is this true ?

Ive just been reading the reviews for this discontinued fragrance and one persons review sounds absolutely amazing.
    He raves about the HUGE amount of civet in this perfume. Has anyone tried this ? Does it really contain that much civet ?.......if so I will buy it blind.

Default Re: Beverly Hills Gale Hayman......CIVET, CIVET, CIVET !! Is this true ?

I just keep one of dem cats chained up in my basement and sniff it's rump whenever I need a fix. We all do that right?
    Don't even ask me how I get my Ambergris...
    Tom Ford Splits!!!! - Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir,
    Plum Japonais, Italian Cypress,
    Neroli Portofino, Costa Azzura
    HARD TO FIND -
    Lavender Palm, Arabian Wood, Champacca Absolute and AMBER ABSOLUTE, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Default Re: Beverly Hills Gale Hayman......CIVET, CIVET, CIVET !! Is this true ?

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    Ive just been reading the reviews for this discontinued fragrance and one persons review sounds absolutely amazing.
    He raves about the HUGE amount of civet in this perfume. Has anyone tried this ? Does it really contain that much civet ?.......if so I will buy it blind.
    Oh, I so hope this is true and I'll race you to the nearest sale if it is -- because the bottle has a great big freakin' CAT right on top of the BOTTLE:

http://tinyurl.com/6nhtonc

I've only heard of the "Delicious" line from Beverly Hills Gale Hayman. I have Delicious Chocolate and Golden Delicious (Apple), both of which I rarely ever use. In addition to Delicious Cotton Candy, all bottles from the "Delicious" line have that plastic golden cat as its lid, but I never thought it to be symbolic in a Civet kind of way.

Quote Originally Posted by moore View Post
    Entered to my "not-to-try-list".
    Entered to my "not-to-try-again-list".

Cool, I'll add it to the to-try list