Code of Conduct

Default Secretions Magnifique: Grounds for Divorce?

Hey guys:

I've never smelled or sampled this stuff, but like most basenoters, I would like to give it a sampling at least. However, when I discuss this frag around my wife, she really gets mad at me. She said that if I ever actually bought this stuff, she was leaving. Wow, I didn't know that 1 ml of liquid could dissolve a marriage. I guess mentioning the blood, milk, and semen accords all the time isn't helping the matter.

SmellChaser
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Secretions Magnifique: Grounds for Divorce?

Does she threaten to leave about other stuff, or just this?

A dozen other questions come to mind, but I will stick with that.

Post Thanks / Like

If your wife is actually meaning it, you should consider that there may be other problems in your relationship...

Just buy her a bottle of Putain des Palaces to make up for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it was a mistake to tell her what it's *supposed* to smell like She might have liked it a lot blind, like I did.

A Site For Sore Eyes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Some don't like the competition
    Deep in the dark your kiss will thrill me
    Like days of old. Lighting the spark of love that fills me
    with dreams untold..--Twilight Time

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

It really doesn't smell all that bad to me ,Brad. If you have ever smelt really bad diarrrhoea ,vomit - SM is not even as bad as those- by a long shot - in comparsion - honestly. I hope your wife comes round to it- it's worth a sniff even if it's for the experience. Or just don't tell her you got a sample...............
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I love it when BN doubles as a relationship counseling service and in some cases a medical advice forum!

So... BradW... have you been "threatening" (teasingly) your wife that you want to sample this? (if she's squeamish by nature the revulsion just thinking about the notes you mention to her could be understandable.) If so, she's probably "threatening" you right back. Just wondering how serious your question is.
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

^exactly, is she being dead serious about leaving you or is it a half-joking "DONT BUY THIS!" sort of threat? It's all about tone and context

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    It really doesn't smell all that bad to me ,Brad. If you have ever smelt really bad diarrrhoea ,vomit - SM is not even as bad as those- by a long shot - in comparsion - honestly. I hope your wife comes round to it- it's worth a sniff even if it's for the experience. Or just don't tell her you got a sample...............
    Maybe I'll tell my wife it's not even as bad as bad diarrhea or vomit and see if she comes around

Oh yeah, BradW, that's a GREAT plan! *or perhaps not so much*...
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Brad.....you have just re-inforced my decision to never get married even further.

Go ahead and buy some and get it over with. If she's going to be like that about a mere fragrance, you're better off getting rid of her now, before she throws a childish fit about something that really matters.

And to think that this is the same woman that got me a Preferred Stock giftset not so long ago

Just mix up the labels of the samples, see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by BradW View Post
    Wow, I didn't know that 1 ml of liquid could dissolve a marriage.
    Well if a married guy would dump his "1 ml of liquid" in another woman, the marriage woul.... *sorry, couldn't resist*

AromiErotici

Hey guys:

I've never smelled or sampled this stuff, but like most basenoters, I would like to give it a sampling at least. However, when I discuss this frag around my wife, she really gets mad at me. She said that if I ever actually bought this stuff, she was leaving. Wow, I didn't know that 1 ml of liquid could dissolve a marriage. I guess mentioning the blood, milk, and semen accords all the time isn't helping the matter.
    For once....listen to your wife.

Post Thanks / Like

And to think that this is the same woman that got me a Preferred Stock giftset not so long ago
    Preferred Stock is far better than that crap SM. No offense meant to the fans of this frag, but I gotta say that I find Secretions Magnifique just plain terrible. I don't think it smells anything like bodily fluids or sex. It smells to me like Palmolive dishwashing liquid or shampoo, mixed with ocean water and a really bad interpretation of a leather fragrance. Save your sinuses for another frag.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

*** Brad - if you want a sample - I will send you mine. PM me if you want it.......- for real ! You can tell your wifethat a really bad and mean Basenoter included it in a sample pack to you and you couldn't do a thing about it.

sm sounds pretty bad and i would never try it sorry lol, mkk is a diff story.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    *** Brad - if you want a sample - I will send you mine. PM me if you want it.......- for real ! You can tell your wifethat a really bad and mean Basenoter included it in a sample pack to you and you couldn't do a thing about it.
    I appreciate the offer, but I think I'll pass. I'm pretty sure that I'll find it repulsive anyway. Why taunt my wife and make myself sick at the same time?

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate the offer, but I think I'll pass. I'm pretty sure that I'll find it repulsive anyway. Why taunt my wife and make myself sick at the same time?
    OK - offer was made. Just trying to be a 'friendly generous basenoter' .
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 26th September 2010 at 05:47 AM.

Arrow Re: REFUSING Secretions Magnifique: Grounds for Divorce? SURE!

The bad reputation of SM is all about words. The smell is different, no question. But it can be tracked down to something familiar. If it is not the smell of fresh male secretions - that in a marriage should be associated to loving feelings anyway - something else can surely be found. In my case, a specific variant of white apple came to mind, with spots of black rot on the peel. It is at once mouthwatering and repellent, a crazy experience I know from early childhood, though. Love it for that! The heart (!) notes and dry down come in after about 1 hour and these are quite conventional a creamy chestnut flower. The time line of the scent can be seen as the revert of natural development: from rot to flower ... .

If Your very wife denies Your satifaction of olfactory curiosity, she might have taken the name and the "notes" too seriously. Reason unknown. Never mind, let it first calm down and do Your thing whatever it is. To let her know is not an obligation, is it? Perhaps You want to play with fragrance on Your own for some time?

Tell her it's Secretions or she has to participate in a Black Mass! Tell her, you're not forcing her to do anything; she always has a choice.

Link Not Safe For Work!!! http://www.donaldtyson.com/blackmas.html

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. You're toast.

Hey guys:

My motto for life: "If you have to choose, choose BOTH."

Quote Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post
    It smells to me like Palmolive dishwashing liquid or shampoo, mixed with ocean water and a really bad interpretation of a leather fragrance.
    This is the best description I've seen of SM. Awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

Your wife has good sense, class and style.

If a wife came home wearing SM, I would consider that serious grounds for considering a separation.
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

I think i can understand your wife. This scent cause me nauseas and i couldn`t stand being close to someone that wear it.

Post Thanks / Like

Wish i could see something fruitier or flowery at this one, because all i smell is the same smell that my yard has after my dog vomits. Is that nauseating smell that refuses to go entirely away even when you wash the yard using chlorine. It also reminds me of my school days when the school offered boiled eggs at the lunch. There was always a lot of eggs that fell on the floor and on this days you could smell a strong egg smell during the lunch. SM is a mix of dog vomit and egg smell to me.

Brad, get a sample and just tell your wife that I sent it to you.

...you know how mean I can be....
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

Thumbs up Re: Secretions Magnifique: Grounds for Divorce?

It smells to me like Palmolive dishwashing liquid or shampoo, mixed with ocean water and a really bad interpretation of a leather fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by ceekay View Post
    This is the best description I've seen of SM. Awesome.
    Yeah, it maximizes the fun of revulsion. But the "notes" given above don't fit that well.

- the smell of Palmolive may be rendered with cheap constituents, but it is anything but nauseating.
    - the ocean is a major theme in contemporary perfumery, not at least mentioned the "aquatic" Blue From Chanel.
    - leather in the end is made by tanning, which is a chemical reaction that decays the proteins of animal skin. The more something stinks of leather, the less carefully has it been cleaned after that process. Hence a "rich" leather scent would signal: bad quality - if it was about real leather

I'm convinced that the original plot of the ELDO people regarding this scent is the worst to be found, describing at best what You don't want to smell, or smell of. What can be more repellent (read: smelly) than sexual intercourse? Any marriage that climaxes to a point when bodily secretions come into play is prone to divorce. The sooner the cleaner.