Code of Conduct
    Dependent

Default What would you name your own fragrance house?

If you were an aspiring parfumeur and decided to have your own brand/line, what would you call it?

Also, I was reading some of the entries for the BN fragrance, and I thought I'd ask you guys what you would name your debut scent(s). Feel free to give details and why.

Default Re: What would you name your own fragrance house?

Maison Moltening - Established in the kingdom of Siam in 1443 before the fall of Ayutthaya, Maison Moltening is a half-french half-Siamese perfume house that had been commissioned by feudal lords in ancient times exclusively for princes and princesses at that time. 567 years later of remaining exclusive to royal lords and ladies, Maison Moltening had decided to open its doors to everyone globally to embrace the devastating utter superiority that is known as Maison Moltening.

Patrapoom Boonyavanit is an anciently trained perfumer from the early part of the Pliocene age. He has spent millions of years developing his skills from a series of intermittent smells to the sexy olfactory bullets he creates today. He has created bespoke scents for many celebrities such as Jesus Christ, the burning bush, and Adolf Hitler.

The first reissue of Maison Moltening's 27,993 fragrance back catalog is "L'eau d'Odyssey," highlighted by the use of calone 400 years before its discovery in 1951. How it had been accomplished is still a mystery to the industry. Rumors say that it is from an ancient formula passed on to Siamese lords by visiting diplomats from the empire of Japan. This whole event was believed to be conceptualized by Doraemon Miyake, great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather of the current Issey Miyake.

L'eau d'Odyssey is now on sale at Luckyscent at $450 for the gold-plated crystal bottle with ivory tusk cap laced with Siberian pseudo-platinum in EDP concentration.

Dependent

LOL... good one.

@450 only? You're cheap, bro!
    Last edited by MFJ; 8th March 2010 at 08:19 AM.

I'm an x-ray technologist, so I would maybe call my debut cologne Rad Man. I see this working as a frag house name as well.

Quote Originally Posted by moltening View Post
    Maison Moltening - Established in the kingdom of Siam in 1443 before the fall of Ayutthaya, Maison Moltening is a half-french half-Siamese perfume house that had been commissioned by feudal lords in ancient times exclusively for princes and princesses at that time. 567 years later of remaining exclusive to royal lords and ladies, Maison Moltening had decided to open its doors to everyone globally to embrace the devastating utter superiority that is known as Maison Moltening.

Patrapoom Boonyavanit is an anciently trained perfumer from the early part of the Pliocene age. He has spent millions of years developing his skills from a series of intermittent smells to the sexy olfactory bullets he creates today. He has created bespoke scents for many celebrities such as Jesus Christ, the burning bush, and Adolf Hitler.

The first reissue of Maison Moltening's 27,993 fragrance back catalog is "L'eau d'Odyssey," highlighted by the use of calone 400 years before its discovery in 1951. How it had been accomplished is still a mystery to the industry. Rumors say that it is from an ancient formula passed on to Siamese lords by visiting diplomats from the empire of Japan. This whole event was believed to be conceptualized by Doraemon Miyake, great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather of the current Issey Miyake.

L'eau d'Odyssey is now on sale at Luckyscent at $450 for the gold-plated crystal bottle with ivory tusk cap laced with Siberian pseudo-platinum in EDP concentration.
    What a bargain.

Pretty soon they'll be selling them at Costco...

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

*EvaneScent* - a line of ethereal show-stopping but short-wearing scents sold by the gallons. Gets better with re-applications, I kid you not. Heh.
    Take THAT Monsieur Ellena!

I think I'd give my line my middle name. I like it, it's French, and it's me. Vain? Yes, but as the only kind of perfumery I could possibly picture myself getting into is something very small scale and artisanal, appropriate.

For me the Italians have the coolest and chic names so my fragrance house would be called :

GIOVANNI VINCENZO ( Pronounced vihn-chen-tso)

ChaCHAngo!

The house would be named Stench. Lines would include Ho, Tramp, Slut, and Hussy. Men's versions inlcude Ho For Men, and Mack Daddy.

Creed-like prices, of course.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Chambre du Parfum has a nice ring to it.
    Last edited by kbe; 8th March 2010 at 11:17 AM.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

I'd call it Poeticus, I'd pick peoms that could provide the basis for a scent and while I can hear all the sniggering. The Boy Stood on the Burning Deck........or
    There was a young man from Leeds
    who swallowed a packet of seeds.
    Great tufts of grass
    shot out of his arse
    and his cock was covered in weeds.

No I'm thinking something more in the line of John Shaw Neilson's,

The Loving Tree

Three women walked along a road,
    And the first said airily
    "Of all the trees in all the world,
    Which is the loving Tree?"

The second said, "My eyes have seen
    No tree that is not fair;
    But the Orange tree is the sweetest tree,
    The loving blood is there."

And the third said, "In the green time
    I knew a loving tree
    That gave a drink of blood-red milk,
    It was the Mulberry."

Then the first one said, "Of all the trees,
    No sweetest can I name;
    Ask her who yonder slowly comes-
    That woman lean and lame."

Grief lick a hideous suckling hung
    Along her hollow breast,
    Pain was upon her as she walked,
    And as she stooped to rest.

"Why will you question so?" she said,
    "Is it to mock at me?
    For how should I, who walk in hell,
    Know of a loving tree?

"My eyes are not as woman's eyes,
    They hope not east or west:
    Dull famine my bedmate is,
    And loneliness my guest.

"Tis not the most delicious flower
    That leaves the scent of Spring,
    Nor is it yet the brightest bird
    That loads his heart to sing.

"A tree may dance in the white weather
    Or dream in a blue gown,
    A tree may sing as a sweetheart
    To bid the stars come down:

"Some trees are slim and loveable
    And some are sleek and strong,
    But the tree that has the cripple's heart
    Will know the cripples song.

The sweetest death is the red death
    That comes up nakedly,
    And the tree that has the foiled heart
    It is the loving tree

"While ever lip shall seek for lip,
    While everlight shall fall,
    The tree that has the ruined heart
    Is tenderest of all.

"Oh, ye may have your men to kiss,
    And children warm to hold,
    But the heart that held the hottest love
    Was never yet consoled."

The women three walked on their way,
    Their shamed eyes could see
    How well the tree with the foiled heart
    Is still the loving tree
    Last edited by dacha; 8th March 2010 at 11:36 AM.

Osmiracle (Lancome's lawyers would be onto me quick though)

... or if I was feeling in a daft mood, Hutrumpt

Something pompous and expensive-sounding. Creed, maybe? Is that taken?

Nah, I'd go even more pompous and not name the company at all, but put some sort of symbol on all the ads and bottles for people to identify.

I really hope to see a Japanese inspired line called Eau Noh.

I shall call my brand Chi Chi Poo Poo. It shall rival Etat Libre d'Orange's in its fragrance names. And if you think there is a urinal or sweat note it will not be because of cumin or civet and all of you will have it on your wish list.
    Last edited by cannotavoidtrite; 8th March 2010 at 05:14 PM.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

- Maison de le Duc

- Duke of Copenhagen

- C'est Magnifique
    Last edited by Le Grand Duc; 9th March 2010 at 04:43 AM.

"Strophe."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strophe

My stuff would be a journey from one note to the next.

LOL! I'd like to start a men's line of scent called Parfums du Paon or "peacock perfumes." Scents for a man unashamed of his virility. Scents--all in the extrait strength--made for a man to strut his stuff...all for the pleasure of his lady. (Think of all a peacock does to catch the attention of his peahen!)

Several scents: orientals, florals, musks, some heavy on the animalics. All sillage monsters...

They would come in elegant Art Nouveau/Pre-Raphaelite bottles with peacock motifs, perfect for display on the top of the dressing table or vanity...no pun intended.

There would be a women's line, too, but they (like the peahen) would not be as pretty... LOL!
    Last edited by Primrose; 8th March 2010 at 09:16 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

(sound of huge crowd cheering)

Funniest post I've read in a long time! Excellent!

I love Maison Moltening too.

Why not use my postal code? I loved it when 06130 did that.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Hillaire

The Dogg House

Possible fragrances include: Seductin', Freak at da Back Do' Ho, 'Tween da Sheets, Smokin' in da Dogg House, and I Ain't Yo Mamma

Mate you've got an excellent imagination and words to perfectly express it.....Great post.....

If for some reason your perfume house fails to take off, you can always write for 'Creed' ;-)

I love "Maison Moltening"!

My house would probably be named H. That is the first letter in my first and middle names, and is by far the most handsome, elegant letter in the alphabet.

I need to think about my first release...

Collection D' Innocence

its going to be a collection of scents that tells the story of innocence: first ice cream trip, first wedding day, the first time you did it with your first love...

debut fragance: Un Air de Enfant

If I ever decided to do something like that again, first I would have to consult my therapist... then I'd probably steal a line from one of my own posts and call it:

Bi-Scentual

I would probably call the house
    Jamals
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

My spanish teacher gave me the name Geronimo and my middle name is Matthew, so how about:

Geronimo Mateo

My logo:

I don't know, I'm just goofing around. I didn't put two minutes in this. I will say, I feel a pang of envy when celebrities start marketing their own signature scents. Come on....Jack Black?????? WTF would he know about scent?? Sarah Jessica Parker? Covet, right? It's just about money. Think they spend an hour or a minute on Basenotes?? who knows....they may. OK end of rant...
    “Government big enough to supply
    everything you need is big enough
    to take everything you have.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Blog Entries

Diana and I have a soft spot for shooting stars, so we agreed on Shooting Star Perfumes if we ever made the big time.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

Dunno, most likely, if there were no copyright issues, I'd name it after one of my fave literary or film characters- even without the copyright problems, it will still be a tough choice, since I have so many such characters in my mind and most of them extremely well-groomed and easy to associate with frags

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    My spanish teacher gave me the name Geronimo and my middle name is Matthew, so how about:

Geronimo Mateo

I don't know, I'm just goofing around. I didn't put two minutes in this. I will say, I feel a pang of envy when celebrities start marketing their own signature scents. Come on....Jack Black?????? WTF would he know about scent?? Sarah Jessica Parker? Covet, right? It's just about money. Think they spend an hour or a minute on Basenotes?? who knows....they may. OK end of rant...
    Hey, I like the name Geronimo Mateo !

Btw if you read the book The Perfect Scent by Chandler Burr, he related how Sarah Jessica Parker contributed to the creation of her first, Lovely. She knows about scents as much as the average perfume lover...and knows what kind of scents she loves. Quite an interesting read.

Maison Moltening - Established in the kingdom of Siam in 1443 before the fall of Ayutthaya, Maison Moltening is a half-french half-Siamese perfume house that had been commissioned by feudal lords in ancient times exclusively for princes and princesses at that time.....
    Wow, Moltening. That was a good read, actually. Appreciate the effort ! I'm glad you are back on the boards as of late, I kinda missed your presence.
    Last edited by Surfacing; 10th March 2010 at 03:18 AM.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

That's dumber than NASCAR.

I've gotten so tired of typical airheaded perfume advertising and marketing, that I'd just call the fragrance line Fat Girl!, and just use the tag line, "Smells great!".

lick

There are problems i will never have, promised !
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

A few years ago a friend asked me to make a perfume for her to wear to her sister's wedding. We started thinking of bizarre advertising campaigns and decided the theme would be unseemly behaviour in a mediaeval monastery. The imaginary ad would be in black and white with the sound of monks chanting in the background and a funerial church bell, as frankincense smoke rose from a swinging thurible. A young lady was to be seen running through the grounds at night, followed by a shot of a hand about to open her gown, at which point a small bottle would fall to the floor and smash. Then a quiet husky voice (like those suggestive French perfume ads) would whisper the name of the perfume: BENEDICTION.

There were other details, but they wouldn't be suitable for a public forum

Ilaic Crest

Kind of corny, but based on one of my favorite songs, and the name so goes with the struggle in composing a perfect fragrance.. Under the Bridge Fragrances.

I was thinking along the same lines , I would simply call it " Maison " ..... a house , a home , a haven . Something comforting and familiar .

Bottles and packaging would also be of the upmost importance , ultra luxe

The fragrances themselves would be something with an edge of something shocking or unexpected

Redoleo
    From the Latin verb meaning 'I emit a scent'.
    As a linguist, my perfumes would be formal, dated, slightly anal creations.

It would be: abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.

First cologne name would be: 987654321

Blog Entries

Smellicious Inc.

The same name I would assign to my law firm Dowe, Cheatem, and How.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

fountain

not very imaginatively, i guess, i'd call it fountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron199 View Post
    The same name I would assign to my law firm Dowe, Cheatem, and How.
    I thought that was Chattam, Cheatum, and Run

good posts, my vote goes to the newly Basenotes favorite Maison Moltening

Sex EFX

I have had another think about this.

I would either invent a fictional, female founder of the house, called Olive Action...

Or I'd go with the Maison ideas, and choose Maison Harmonique

Basenotes Plus

The Politically Incorrect Company.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 25th September 2010 at 08:42 PM.

House:

Guaranteed to Score

Perfumes:

With Brazilian Hotties
    With Swedish Babes
    With Indian Divas
    With Asian Yummies
    With African Goddesses