Code of Conduct

Default Can you date a Creed by the box design?

I think I may have got an older bottle of GIT that has gone stale but I am not sure. Searched the forums high and low and couldn't find the answers I am looking for. This is my 2nd Creed from fragrancenet. First one was MI and it was good stuff.

However my bottle of GIT seems a little off to me. Everyone says it is fresh and clean, from the bottle it smells fine but once it hits my skin it feels like a fresh clean scent that is dark and musky that gives me a stale feeling. Plus it doesn't project like my MI does. Anyway, the GIT box the Creed logo's are smaller in design while the MI box has larger logo's on the box. Any insight would be appreciated, thanks.

Default Re: Can you date a Creed by the box design?

Give it up already.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    Give it up already.
    What are you even talking about?

can you post a pic? Fragnet seems to have a very high volume turnover, specially with GIT. Sounds like you got the newest box design. Your juice is probably from the 09 batch.

Sure, here is a pic of the box

There is a newer box design that just came out very recently. The one you have is the most recent before that.

Ok, thanks for the help Robert.

fake.

If you want, I'll swap my little one ounce bottle of GIT for that fake one. I still have the box.

Or you can return it and buy the real stuff from Saks.

Also, Have you ever smelled GIT before buying it from Fragrancenet?

Nope, blind buy. Usually that's how I buy fragrances (stupid I know) but I do loads of research on a fragrance before I do buy and so far I haven't been let down. Plus it kind of makes the whole experience a little more fun if you can afford to gamble a little. But GIT just smells slightly different than I was expecting after doing research on it. The fresh, green, and clean from the top notes didn't jump out at me like I was expecting. I knew it was a real bottle but just wasn't sure if it was older or not. Sounds like I got a fairly recent bottle though.

Although many Basenoters have been completely happy with their Creed purchase from Fragrancenet, there have been many others who've been less than satisfied. I'm in the latter camp. For me, there was simply no comparison between the bottle of Millesime Imperial I bought (and returned) from Fragrancenet, and the bottle I bought from Nordstrom. The difference was dramatic. It sounds as though you are likewise underwhelmed by your bottle. If I were you, I'd go to your nearest authorized Creed dealer and compare their juice with yours. If it isn't the same, send it back. I believe Fragrancenet has a 30 day return policy, so even if you don't have an authorized Creed dealer near you, you can still buy a sample of GIT from Perfumed Court and have it within a few days.

I enjoy blind-buying as well, but Creed is one house I will never buy blind. The quality of their bottles is simply too hit-and-miss, and I've had more misses than hits when buying them online. I'd rather spend $270 on a bottle that I absolutely love, than $135 for a bottle that's barely passable.

I've never smelled 2 batches of GIT that were identical. Same goes for Le Labo Rose 31

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    I've never smelled 2 batches of GIT that were identical.
    Me neither. Took me awhile until I found the one with just the right amounts of woody-smokiness and floral-sweetness.

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    I've never smelled 2 batches of GIT that were identical. Same goes for Le Labo Rose 31
    Can't speak for GIT but I've tried samples of Millesime Imperial from Perfumed Court, Nordstrom and the Creed Boutique, and they all smelled the same. This was over a 2 year period so I don't know how likely it is that they all came from the same batch. What I do know is that they were all worth the high asking price for a bottle, whereas the scent from the bottle I got from Fragrancenet I wouldn't have paid more than $20 for. I mean, the difference was like night and day.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing the Dragon View Post
    Can't speak for GIT but I've tried samples of Millesime Imperial from Perfumed Court, Nordstrom and the Creed Boutique, and they all smelled the same. This was over a 2 year period so I don't know how likely it is that they all came from the same batch. What I do know is that they were all worth the high asking price for a bottle, whereas the scent from the bottle I got from Fragrancenet I wouldn't have paid more than $20 for. I mean, the difference was like night and day.

Funny, I got MI from them and it turned out good. The GIT I got from them seems stale and fades quick so I am gonna send it back