Code of Conduct

Default My meeting with Yosh :-)

Today at Barney's i stumbled upon a special event hosted by Yosh Han of Yosh perfumes: 'Scent aura readings'. Intrigued, i signed up. here is my experience:

I sat in a chair opposite Yosh, and she closed her eyes and found her happy space, and then asked me to state my full name twice. She then told me the images that came to mind.

Skyscrapers and the nile river. her interpretation: i love to 'collect' information, (true), but was struggling to find a way to organize it. (true). i told her i'm writing a book, and that I'm half finished with the first draft. From here the images got more specific. Here are a few more: she saw grapefruit, was I getting enough vitamin C? She saw that my kidneys were stressed, was i drinking enough water? my aura colors were yellow and peach, (which is what i've been reaching for in my closet lately, too)

At the end of this she chose some samples from her line that might work for me. These suggestions were to help balance out where my chakras were stressed. I liked best the woody oriental (i will have to get a sample from lucky scent)

i've tried two scents before, but they were too sweet on me. i'm now curious to try these new fragrances that were brought ot my attention.

All in all, Yosh is very personable, and obviously intuitive. I felt very comfortable interacting with her and am eagerly looking forward to exploring her line in more depth. A great experience!
    Passionate supporter of parrot welfare www.thegabrielfoundation.org

Hillaire

Default Re: My meeting with Yosh :-)

BK you have the most amazing scent experiences!

That sounds like so much fun, and again I am jealous!

Thank you for sharing your fabulous experience.

Basenotes Institution

What an interesting experience - I had no idea Yosh was intuitive in that way. Thanks Baykat
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Hi BK!

It was nice meeting you today (I'm the sick one ;-))
    While I didn't get the reading, I enjoyed meeting Yosh. I loved White Flowers! I did "experience" this scent. I found it to be uplifting in it's simple, complex beauty just as Japanese flower arranging is. Ahaaaa...petals, stems, leaves, and air were all represented and more. I might have to go back tomorrow to try it on my skin. I think it has sufficient green notes to make it work. Her oils just blend into my skin.

Good night!

Basenotes Plus

BayKAT, wow! Sounds like you had a very "spot on" reading from YOSH. It's quite a gift to be able to tune into someone with this level of accuracy in such a commercial space. YOSH is a sweetheart & I've met her several times but I had no idea this was one of her gifts as well.
    Thank you for sharing!
    And...good luck with your book!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

HI Kalynne- yes, it was good to meet you too! i'm tryign to decide which of my goodies i should try today :-)
    Hillaire- but I haven't been to the Paris or London boutiques, so you've got me on that one!
    Mimi- I hope you can meet her to in SF someday

and RHM, yes, i was surprised too. I thought it would be something like 'greens would go best with your aura, etc', i wasnt' expecting a more enveloping reading. it was very interesting
    Passionate supporter of parrot welfare www.thegabrielfoundation.org

Thanks for sharing, this is the kind of meeting I would love to experience

As a slightly off-topic side note: I just wonder, would she follow any of us Basenoters for an all-day testing- and shopping spree around "the best addresses of perfumery" (Europe-wide, Us-wide or worldwide)?

Yes, there was quite a selection of goodies. It was so hot and I wanted to wear my new perfume. I wore my 1rst sample today. It'll show on the scent of the day and I'll review them.
    Well, enjoy!