Code of Conduct

Default What are the most celebrated scents that you keep putting off trying?

There are many fragrances that you or I haven't tried before (and believe me, I've tried A LOT), but there are also those that we haven't tried, even though they get, and KEEP getting great reviews here on Basenotes, and/or in other places. The most prominent one for me would be Amouage Homage (I've tried most Amouages). It seems to be worshiped here, and I really don't know why I haven't tried it yet. Some others that I don't know why I haven't tried yet are Parfum de Nicolai New York, Lumiere Noire, Back to Black, Duro, Knize Ten, Creed Windsor...The funny thing is that for many of these houses, I've tried some, if not most, of their other scents. There are obviously others, but those are probably the main ones that come to mind.
    Last edited by leor_77; 26th September 2010 at 05:49 AM.

Default Re: What are the most celebrated scents that you keep putting off trying?

GIT
    Nicolai New York
    Black Aoud

Default Re: What are the most celebrated scents that you keep putting off trying?

Plenty. Just recently got to try Windsor and Vintage Tabarome thanks to a kind BNer.

Blog Entries

I still haven't smelled Juicy Couture, despite quite a few people suggesting that I should.

And I still haven't smelled Light Blue, despite it being the number one seller at my Sephora.

And I just smelled Knize Ten for the first time yesterday...

Oh, and I've never tried Cool Water, thanks to my hating it when it first came out.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I don't think I've ever smelled Obsession, though that's because I had smelled Eternity, confused it with Obsession, and I only recently realized I'd never smelled it.

Oh, and L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme, because I had a friend who wore it when it was new and I didn't like it. Same thing for Fahrenheit.

It's actually kind of sad how many huge scents I'm kind of loosely familiar with but I couldn't tell you anything about how they actually smell...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

I tried Tabac Blond a few years ago, and loved it, but for some reason, have never got round to trying it again.

New York
    Vintage Tabarome
    Rose 31 (and most Le Labos for that matter)
    Lots of montale and Amouages due to my fear of falling for them and not being able to afford them.
    Smellin good

Anything Creed.

Vintage Tabarome
    Any Bond No. 9
    Jicky

used to be Azzaro pour homme, went 3+ years of intensive testing and sampling, never having tested it....until a few weeks ago.

How I'd say Davidoff relax is the next "been putting off for years" test I need to do.

"Lots of Montales and Amouages"

Same here.

Gucci Pour Homme

A*Men & Kouros have never been given a fair chance by myself.

Basically, if it doesn't pass my card/paper test or even on the back of my hand, it doesn't make it through the next round of elimination.

I'm also interested in Knize Ten.

Hope this has stuck to the "celebrated" category.

Cool Water.