Code of Conduct
    Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Default SotD - Sunday the 26th of September

Good morning all ... what's your choises for today?!

BAL à VERSAILLES

Last edited by tigrushka; 26th September 2010 at 07:03 AM. Reason: fixed the date

Default Re: SotD - Sunday the 26th of September

It's already Sunday morning over here and the sun is shining. Temps are cool and fall is in the air...
    I am wearing CdG2 with its inky, mineral and vegetal facets.
    And posting here after a long long time

So...good morning and glad to see you all again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Oops, of course ... it's sunday!

Happy Sunday

Wearing form a sample:Elixir des Marveilles by Hermes This is MARVELOUS ...A MUST HAVE ONE!!!
    Elixir des Merveilles by Hermes is a oriental fougere fragrance for women. Elixir des Merveilles was launched in 2006. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Claude Ellena. The fragrance features peru balsam, vanilla sugar, amber, sandalwood, tonka bean, patchouli, siam resin, caramel, oak, incense, orange peel and cedar.
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Good morning!
    I,m testing Ruth Mastenbroek the second day.

Basenotes Plus

Basenotes Plus

I'm off to Harrods to pay a visit to the Perfume Diaries and I'm likely to be doing a lot of sampling so I'm wearing Infusion d'Homme because it's nice and light!
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    Good morning all ... what's your choises for today?!

BAL à VERSAILLES

You skanky meadow of pantied florals!

My choice is
    from this vessel:

Wearing Platinum Egoiste.

Ava Luxe Moksha

Quote Originally Posted by domperrier View Post
    You skanky meadow of pantied florals!
    Well, I am the skanky Duke of Decadence after all ...

Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum, all pink and soft and powdery!
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

Sur la Plage

Good morning all! My SOTD is Thierry Mugler Womanity - from a sample (thank you Primrose). Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Notes include citrus, fig and caviar.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

My (gently used) bottle of Lorenzo Villoresi Musk arrived yesterday, so it's what I'm marinating in today. An atypical musk, rosy-powdered and so gently beautiful.

Have a lovely Sunday, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Givenchy III today (new one). Very grey, autumnal day in northern England - G III seems to suit it quite well!

Le Labo Rose 31. Got me some samples of roses I havent tried yet.
    Liked this initially, now its starting to feel like its wearing me, pretty massive.

Wishing You all a good day this Sunday.

Good Morning Everyone, I haven't worn this scent in awhile. My SOTD is 'HALLE' by Halle Berry

Eau de Lalique this morning for some housework chores. Nice, light and refreshing, but yet still interesting. The dill note is so authentic, but doesn't seem out of place in this fragrance.

Hello everyone!

I'm in Coromandel today, another one that I might want with me when I sashay down the aisle.

Y'all have a wonderful day!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Guerlain's Sous le Vent EdT, comparing vintage and reissue — thanks you know who! The European regulations has hindered the original composition's level of oakmoss which leaves the reedition a fraction nearer to a fougère than to a chypre, less dry, less bitter, more aromatic and sparkling (a bit like what new Vetiver or new Mitsouko are to the old ones).

Olivier Durbano Pink Quartz

Hello all. Testing Belle d'Opium and liking it too.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Hello everyone!

I'm in Coromandel today, another one that I might want with me when I sashay down the aisle.

Y'all have a wonderful day!
    Well, E, you do have two wrists and a neck!!! Just a fallback plan if you get indecisive Somehow, I imagine fiance wouldn't think that unusual at this point, and would understand.
    Last edited by cello; 26th September 2010 at 02:09 PM.

Welcome back Lady_in_Black
    Wearing Le Feu D'Issey Light by Issey Miyake and went groceries shopping...

summer means fireflys

Rare for me to wear something two days in a row ... I'm continuing my love affair with SL Boxeuses again today.

Hello! Lady_in_black! It's nice to see you again.

I'm finishing off a sample of L'Artisan Iris Pallida this morning. The weather has cooled off somewhat, and we had a sprinkling of rain overnight, which was a mercy, but we are still parched for water here. At least it won't be in the 90s F today. We are really looking forward to some fall weather here (and rain!). Enjoy your Sunday!

Annick Goutal Vétiver.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Basenotes Plus

Wearing Creed's Aventus. Big change in the temperatures here, much cooler today. Aventus smells great.

The marching band & color guard (of which my 8th grader is a member) placed 2nd in their first competition last night. I'm so proud of her. She had a "wardrobe malfunction" but handled it like a seasoned pro & just kept going through her routine. (Nothing risque, just annoying.)
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Basenotes Institution

Well done to RHM's daughter !

This morning it's Carnal Flower. Have a good Sunday everyone !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Blog Entries

Ormonde Jayne-Woman

Basenotes Plus

SotE - Dsquared2 Ocean Wet Wood (sample).

Blog Entries

Ambre Gris by Pierre Balmain.

Last edited by N_Tesla; 26th September 2010 at 04:39 PM.

ELdO Jasmin et Cigarette. Thought I would give this one a second chance in cooler weather ... but, alas, the vinyl shower curtain accord that ruined it for me the first time is still present. Sigh. I wish this one worked on me.

Does anyone else get a really synthetic note in the jasmine, or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Furriner View Post
    Annick Goutal Vétiver.
    It looks like Furriner arrived safely, and smelling nice, too!

Cuir de Russie, EDT (Chanel)

Cuir de Russie, how I love thee.
    Without you I'd cease to be
    Me
    Last edited by pomander; 26th September 2010 at 05:19 PM.
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

M i t s o u k o
    Enjoying the onset of autumn.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

A layering of J. Peterman 1903 and Angela Flanders' Oudh Noir, these two complement one another with the light woody fougere of 1903 and the dark woody almost musty, muskiness of the ON. Beautiful cool weather combo!
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

I'm in Chanel's

31 RUE CAMBON

The first 45 minutes were incredibly lovely, lively, and interesting; after that it became simply perfect. That sounds great except............I have little interest in perfection.
    There is a line from a film which expresses just how I feel. As he rearranges a single hair on his true love's head, the protaganist says

'Let's have one strand askew. Nothing in life has any business being perfect'

As perfect as 31 Rue Cambon is, I think I'd rather wear the peach of Guet Apens.

Reformulation without information is fraud. Call the police.

Another day of magnificently scented folks flitting about! Some of you mentioned fall weather coming, so I'm compelled to complain: next week our temperatures are supposed to reach an unseasonable 85 degrees. Gaaaah. Gaaaah!

Okay, complaining time over. Wearing Montale Velvet Flowers from a teensy sample, and enjoying its tobacco-tinged beauty. Take care, all.

Hello, All.
    It is finally raining here. We have been in a drought and the heat has been awful. Today is cooler and with the steady rain, I decided it would be a L'Heure Bleue day. That works

SotE: Hermes Hiris
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Went out scentless, hoping to find the Shalimar limited edition. Came home
    in Chanel No. 5 - just sprayed, not purchased, but I sure did feel glamorous at the grocery store.

Basenotes Institution

Testing Cuir by Mona di Orio - this afternoon.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

SotE - Tendre Poison!

My SoTE is Halston Z-14, which does seem like a close relative to Yatagan, but one with fewer bitter elements. I like it on me, for the cooler weather it's a nice change! (as a marketed as masculine it works surprisingly well on my skin.) And as a TJ Maxx bargain, even better!
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    My SoTE is Halston Z-14, which does seem like a close relative to Yatagan, but one with fewer bitter elements. I like it on me, for the cooler weather it's a nice change! (as a marketed as masculine it works surprisingly well on my skin.) And as a TJ Maxx bargain, even better!
    I love wearing Halston Z-14 -- but I sometimes get puzzled looks from women of a certain age whose boyfriends wore it in the 80s. Not that I care. I think it smells incredibly sexy, and it's a perfect autumn scent.

For this evening, Gucci by Gucci, of course by Gucci.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

This afternoon I applied Aqua Allegoria Lilia Bella over the fading Muguet des Bois and got an "Mmm..you smell good" from my husband hours later

Philtre d'Amour by Guerlain

Vicks Vaporub :-( Sooooo congested!
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Quote Originally Posted by Leesee View Post
    Another day of magnificently scented folks flitting about! Some of you mentioned fall weather coming, so I'm compelled to complain: next week our temperatures are supposed to reach an unseasonable 85 degrees. Gaaaah. Gaaaah!
    Oh you are welcome to compalin, now its my turn: We did not have a summer in So. Cal, but today I was visiting with my mom who lives a little more inland and it was 100 degrees out there, thank god she has good insulations and air conditioning. It was 85 by my house a little while ago. Yesterday I wore Prelude to Love. Funny thing, I had a vial in a drawer without a label and just sprayed. I could not figure out what it was for about an hour. I hate it when i do that!!

Today it was too hot to wear anything, but I could not help myself and I sprayed a little Santos at my mom's.

Best wishes for a great week aheard!
    Evenstar

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    Well, E, you do have two wrists and a neck!!! Just a fallback plan if you get indecisive Somehow, I imagine fiance wouldn't think that unusual at this point, and would understand.
    It sounds like you know him well - he's already suggested the same thing! He was quick to back-pedal however, lest I take him seriously!

My sote is L'Arte di Gucci. Y'all have a nice evening!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

am. Eau de New York
    pm. Bond No.9 Signature Perfume
    Both by Bond No.9
    Gary