Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Sorry, but i just need to vent for a second...

I wore Bang today... not a single complaint. What I've just started to notice, the more popular a fragrance is, the more it is shunned by the majority of the folks here. Reminds me of how folks are with music... the more popular a group gets, the more the initial fans shun them and seek yet another obscure band or genre.

Bleu isn't some obscure, off-the-wall, smells like candied leather licked by an amazonian yak that's fed only coffee beans. I get that. But I can appreciate it as a well made, non-offensive scent that I can wear on those days that I just want to smell "normal". I've yet to get into the whole concept of wearing something that's so odd, shocking that I smell like sex or something... I just sometimes want to be in a crowd, still be the one that smells good and not singe the nose hairs of the folks closest to me.

Never smelled either one and glad of it after reading such dissertations about them.

i like turtles

Off-Scenter

Quote Originally Posted by Dixon Cider View Post
    i like turtles
    Possibly the most intelligent response so far.

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    I'm very clear on this issue.

I really like Bang - even though I hate the name and the bottle. I like peppery fragrances and this is like a lighter version of Cacharel pour homme.

Neither is it a girl repellent, in fact women seem to really like it.

However, Bleu de Chanel is Polge's darkest hour. Chanel had the opportunity to create something special with this fragrance and have created the bastard cousin of the equally appalling Champion by Davidoff, which smells remarkably similar.

Bleu De Chanel is so safe I'm surprised it doesn't come with a three point safety harness and built-in airbags. It's derivative, dull and unimaginative.

Bang at least doesn't smell like every other designer fragrance on the market.
    Agreed, spoken in exactly my sentiment. Bleu smells like Fierce mixed with Polo Blue. Bang smells like an overdose of Poivre Samarcande, or at least similar. I'll take the latter, especially since I find the Hermessance line overpriced.

I should probably leave this thread alone at this point, but...

I just applied Bang to one wrist and Bleu to the other after work, because of this thread. And --- still not particularly impressed with Bleu, and still think Bang is a slightly improved, more streamlined copy of Gucci PH, with extra pepper. I enjoy Bang more, and not because it's "weird," because it isn't, but because it's smoother (wow, never thought I say a MJ scent is smoother than a Chanel).

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is, neither of these scents are worth bickering about (I know, I know, all in good fun! This is BN!). Both are basically nice, and I wouldn't fault anyone for buying either. Just a matter of taste.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by Dixon Cider View Post
    i like turtles
    Thank you! You got a legitimate LOL from me. Perfect timing too.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense