Code of Conduct

Default Is this A*men real?

Well guys I recently bought a 3.4 refillable angel men from ebay. However how can I tell 100% its real? and how can you refill them?

Default Re: Is this A*men real?

Have u smelled it before? That's a good way of telling if its legit, as well as the longevity, Angel is one of my favorites for sure and I get at least 8 hr on my skin. The reputation of the seller, the priced you pay, many clues will help! Also, post pictures, the guys here will help you!
    And to refill it look at the bottom of the metal cover, you can unscrew it and remove the bottle inside. So when you run out just buy a replacement and put it back inside the metal container, pretty clever huh?

Oh yes, And welcome to Basenotes!!

Thank you Ivan, Well I do know how it smells like. And for me it does stay on my skin for 8 hours but it doesn't projects as long, maybe its because I do one spray on the chest. But I just want to make sure this is legit.

This is my 1.0 I bought from online store http://i55.tinypic.com/2je46df.png

And this is what I bought from ebay
    This is the inside the flask metal case http://i54.tinypic.com/25iptv4.png
    Underneath the 3.4 bottle, I lift up the label so it can be readable.http://i52.tinypic.com/n341ue.png

seems more blue but maybe its because its in the flask...
    Last edited by WeSmellGood; 30th January 2011 at 08:18 AM.

Looks good to me. The finish of the bottle also helps to find out if its real. The fakes usually don't show quality or atention to detail in the bottle.
    Do a search here for fake fragrances you'll find very intresting threads about fake Creeds like GIT, and Coco Mademoiselle, which I did 'cause I got screwed on this last one. Got it for 50.00 on Ebay, when it retails for 118.00, yeah fool me once...So you can also go to a store where they sell angel and look at the bottles, the box, compare them one on each wrist etc.
    If it smells like the other one you have then its real.
    I spray the chest too but since its covered with clothes I started to ad one more in the back of my neck. This way you'll get part of the juice landing on your skin, hair and shirt, it will help with projection and longevity. I found out here that too
    I've discovered also sparaying this way I don't get that infamous nose fatigue, and enjoy it through out the day.
    Also try the body wash, it's so good you'll want to drink it.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Ivan D' Great; 30th January 2011 at 03:48 PM.

fountain

it does not project very long if i may chime in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You can't fake A*Men, no faker can imitate that coffee and chocolate opening. You can copy lavender, citrus, and all that stuff, but you cannot harness the power of A*Men!

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
    You can't fake A*Men, no faker can imitate that coffee and chocolate opening. You can copy lavender, citrus, and all that stuff, but you cannot harness the power of A*Men!
    There ya go! Take it from a true A- men lover like myself.
    Straaait to heaven!

Quick question, how do you refill the 3.4 bottles?

could it be possible that it was refilled with some fake stuff?
    I'm getting paranoid because I remember when I sprayed my other bottle I remember it was strong and everytime I move my neck I get that amen smell, but with this bottle it doesn't feel as strong after 4 hours... could I have gotten use to the smell where I don't even smell it ?

but yea the main point was how do you refill the 3.4
    Thank you, deadidol

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's pretty potent to most people so you could get olfactory fatigue easily. The test? Wear it normally and don't continuously smell it, if it works the same then you're good! I really don't think A*Men can or has been faked

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WeSmellGood View Post
    Quick question, how do you refill the 3.4 bottles?

could it be possible that it was refilled with some fake stuff?
    I'm getting paranoid because I remember when I sprayed my other bottle I remember it was strong and everytime I move my neck I get that amen smell, but with this bottle it doesn't feel as strong after 4 hours... could I have gotten use to the smell where I don't even smell it ?

but yea the main point was how do you refill the 3.4
    could have been stored improperly and partially spoiled.

And to refill it look at the bottom of the metal cover, you can unscrew it and remove the bottle inside. So when you run out just buy a replacement and put it back inside the metal container, pretty clever huh?
    You don'refill the bottle, you buy a new one to fit in the container.
    It's common that get use to the smell if you wear it every day. Alternate with other fragrance.
    Now, people around you can still smell it, ask them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan D' Great View Post
    You don'refill the bottle, you buy a new one to fit in the container.
    It's common that get use to the smell if you wear it every day. Alternate with other fragrance.
    Now, people around you can still smell it, ask them.
    wait , so your saying when the bottle is done buy a new bottle?? if so whats the point of it? why waste extra on the flask?
    Thank you, deadidol

'cause the metal makes it shinny?!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan D' Great View Post
    'cause the metal makes it shinny?!
    lol really?
    I'll buy that I guess... I personally thought the "refill" flask was meant to be refilled by small capsule placed inside to refill the bottle back up. But I guess I was wrong lol
    Thank you, deadidol

I know, but I think is one of the best designs on a fragrance and very much in harmony with Terry Mugler.
    Now you have to try Pure Malt, that's a different trip altogether, yessir!

Quote Originally Posted by WeSmellGood View Post
    wait , so your saying when the bottle is done buy a new bottle?? if so whats the point of it? why waste extra on the flask?
    The sprayer on the metal flask is awesome. The one on the rubber flask is crap.

Night & day. I'd pay the extra.

Also, the refills are generally cheaper than the rubber flasks.

ahh so the refill flask is just for look. Alright in that case its fine =)
    Thank you, deadidol

But I'm still not sure, when I spray the 3.4, the smell is very strong to a point it smells like strong cleaning supply limesol or something..while the other one smells more darker and easy on the nose however after 4 hours they both smell the same..

Also how do I remove the glass bottle? I unscrew the back metal flask that slides off and I'm having trouble remove the glass. Do I just yank it right out? or do I slide something out from the top sprayer?
    Last edited by WeSmellGood; 16th February 2011 at 10:32 PM.
    Thank you, deadidol