Code of Conduct

Default Boucheron Pour Homme (edp) and Armani Eau pour Homme.

I own a bottle of Boucheron Pour Homme (EDP version) that I haven`t used for a long time. Yesterday I went to the cinema to see "Wall Street II". When I`m watching movies, I always think; Hmm.. What is that person wearing? The fragrance that immediately came up to my mind when i saw Mr. Gordon Gecco, was Boucheron Pour Homme and Armani Eau Pour Homme..
    -Today, I put on some Boucheron Pour Homme, and realizes how classy and elegant this stuff is! I had almost forgotten. Usualy I`m not a big fan of citrus in fragrances, but this one is different because the dry down is quite spicy/woody, and it`s not a "sporty" citrus. This belongs to the classical, elegant, gentlemans fragrance for mature men (I love those type of fragrances), where we also find Armani Eau Pour Homme, Dior Eau Savage, and Chanel P-M.
    Put on a clean nice white shirt, a stylish tie, and Boucheron Pour Homme, and you are ready! The bottle (especially the EDP) is very, very elegant!
    -It`s quite similar to Armani Eau Pour Homme. Maby a bit more citrus in the top? I have also read that the longevity on the Armani is quite poor. The sillage and longevity on Boucheron p-h are outstanding!

- Which one (Armani-E-P-H or Boucheron-P-H) do you prefer, and why? Or do you hate this stuff?
    Last edited by Oslo-Fjord; 26th September 2010 at 10:01 AM.

Default Re: Boucheron Pour Homme (edp) and Armani Eau pour Homme.

I like Boucheron better, but I like the Armani alot also. I find both have excellent longevity and sillage and both are classy and elegant.

The difference I find, besides how they smell, is that the Armani was very popular in the 80's and sort of gets associated with that period. The Boucheron never was mainstream enough to be worn by so many people of a particular time, so I would consider it more timeless.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFromManhattan View Post
    I like Boucheron better, but I like the Armani alot also. I find both have excellent longevity and sillage and both are classy and elegant.

The difference I find, besides how they smell, is that the Armani was very popular in the 80's and sort of gets associated with that period. The Boucheron never was mainstream enough to be worn by so many people of a particular time, so I would consider it more timeless.
    Yes, the Boucheron was created in 1991, but I think it could easily be confused with an 80-ies fragrance with a timeless feel.

I prefer them equally much, because they both provide me with that kind of classic, Old-School citrus I value above anything else in a fragrance

So... Nobody use them enymore? Not any opinions?

I love them both, but I prefer Boucheron because of the patchouli.

Boucheron notes: verbena, bergamot and Seville orange, basil, coriander and juniper, patchouli, vetiver and Mysore sandalwood, ylang ylang, rose, geranium, clary sage, iris

I love them both also but I like Boucheron better for many of the same reasons already stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    So... Nobody use them enymore? Not any opinions?
    I currently don't have the Armani, but Boucheron is one of my regular fragrances and will always be.

I have and Love both.....I have to say Boucheron for sure.....Gary

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

I have both as well, and wore the Boucheron yesterday evening.

The Boucheron is a more intense lemon while the Armani is more herbal. The differences make it hard for me to choose one very nice frag over the other.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

For those who wear the Armani; -What do you think of the sillage and stayingpower? Is it as good as Boucheron?

I own and like both, but if I had to choose one it would be the Armani.

I'm not sure exactly why. Perhaps because I've worn it more and am more familiar with it. I think it is more versatile than the Boucheron. I also have to admit that I think it smells better overall.

I don't have a problem with longevity of the Armani, more than a half day for me. I remember the Boucheron lasting longer, but that's not enough to sway my decision.

I own the Armani, and have tested Boucheron in store many times. By rights, I should love both. These 2 plus Chanel P M are Citrus heading off for Chypre territory. Sadly, on my skin, Boucheron skips the lemony top and heads straight to the basenotes, and one in particular, Oakmoss. Completely overpowers everything else in seconds.

In another thread I say the oakmoss in Boucheron (& Tiffany for Men & Chanel P M Concentree) was 'thermonuclear'.

Armani PH have noticeable Oakmoss, but it's much more in balance with the rest of the notes.

I have now tested both side by side, and I think Boucheron Pour Homme gives a more luxurious character than the Armani. I usualy don`t like citrus scents, but dammit Boucheron is a classy citrus! It`s not that fresh/sporty/sweet citrus, but rather a refined, spicy, mature, elegant citrus for formal ocasions. Great stuff! Seems like the EDP last forever on my skin.

both are great. In the past Armani was one of my favorite fragrances which I wore a lot but today I like Boucheron PH better (which I own). Armani is rather linear if you compare it against Bourcheron... also the second smells more quality.
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

DeepSilence

Both are great. I think Boucheron PH is more classy, spicy, which i like this type of fragrances.
    IMO Armani Eau Pour Homme is wearable for any occasions and situations. It's ok, but it tires me if i want to wear it frequently.
    I prefer Boucheron Pour Homme.

IMHO Armani Eau pour homme because is more wearable and is a more natural smell , boucheron has something synthetic
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garšons man 2

I used to own the Boucheron EDP, but I sold it. It's the kind of powerhouse I'm not ready for. Certainly a quality fragrance though!

I have and Love both.....I prefer Boucheron PH Edp over Armani PH.....Gary

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    I have and Love both.....I have to say Boucheron for sure.....Gary
    Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    I have and Love both.....I prefer Boucheron PH Edp over Armani PH.....Gary
    You already responded to this Gary! At least you weren't lying!

Sorry for noticing and pointing this out.

My choice is Boucheron as well.