Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Random fragrance encounters

A dental assistant in our clinic brought her mom's (RIP) bottle of Chanel No.5 from the late 1960's or early 1970's. It really lightened an otherwise suckish day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bon Vivant View Post
    ... Kouros! It smells great on him. The sillage is far better than the smelling strip.
    This is true of many scents, but extremely true of Kouros. Some don't smell that good up close, but the sillage is where it's at. I think people sometimes forget this. GIT is this way on me. A couple hours into the drydown, it takes on a pretty rank note up close, but smells fine at a distance.

On topic, a coworker wears loads of Polo Blue. I used to love the stuff, but he's kinda put me off it. And oddly, another coworker--a middle aged, techie kind of guy--has begun wearing Acqua Di Gio whereas I never picked up on a fragrance before. I also picked up on a guy wearing what I took as Aoud Wood, which was odd, as he was military guy in uniform. I'd have asked him, but it probably would have embarrassed us both.

I was at a dirt smelly wet market once and I caught a hint of A*Men. couldn't find the culprit though.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Quote Originally Posted by JoNnY 4 View Post
    I was at a dirt smelly wet market once and I caught a hint of A*Men. couldn't find the culprit though.
    that was me lol

and oh one of the personal trainers in my gym use black XS. i could smell him a mile away.

@ a Japanese restaurant in New Mexico. The bathroom soap smelled EXACTLY like Versace Black Jeans, fully loaded with its famous "cooked cabbage" smell.

I was at lunch yesterday with an older, distinguished gentleman. Distinguished, except for the horrible, cheap, raspy men's fragrance he was wearing. After about an hour of talking about everything under the sun, he mentioned that he likes to buy fragrance as an affordable luxury. "Like right now, I'm wearing D&G Light Blue."

Oh my, this struck me as very funny. I tried hard not to laugh.

It's not so much that I wanted laugh at him (he's really a great guy), but check out my post above about the cute girl I know who wears Light Blue. It smells so good on her. It smelled like the worst, cheapest fragrance on him.

Doesn't work on me, either.