Code of Conduct

Default Dior homme > Dior homme intense

Am I the only one thinking they nailed it with the first one and then just effed up the whole balance with the intense thing? DHI is just way, way, way too much. Like someone took a nice Mozart piece, and instead of turning up the volume evenly, just cranked up one trumpet to 11 without bothering to consider whether or not any of the other instruments could keep up.

I can't speak for the original formulations, but as for the current ones... I just don't *get* DHI.

Default Re: Dior homme > Dior homme intense

I guess this would depend on your impressions of the original Dior Homme. I for one am not a huge fan of DH, but do enjoy DHS and DHI. I feel like many of those that are fans of DHI are not fans of the original as the "makeup bag" effect that is too strong for them in the original is not an issue in the flankers

I've tried both but don't own either.
    I do think the vanilla in the DHI is a bit overkill. Who knows, one day I may own a bottle of either, but I'd be torn over which to get. DHI is slightly off-putting though for the reasons you mention.

The makeup bag thing is insane in DHI (to my nose). It's there in DH, but in a far more balanced manner.

I guess I am myself an unusual case: while I can barely stand Dior Homme, I totally enjoy DHI

Dependent

You can see from my top 5 that I love both! I think it all cones down to the situation. I feel that Dior Homme is extremely 'sexy' when youre in a more formal setting and DHI could be usef almost any other time. DHI kind of skip the iris thing and goes into the extreme cocoa drydown. I agree that its alot more amp'ed up when its compared to Dior Homme but thats what I like about it too
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

The lipstick note hangs around much longer in DH than in DHI. It's gone after about 30 minutes. I prefer DHI.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by lupin View Post
    Am I the only one thinking they nailed it with the first one and then just effed up the whole balance with the intense thing? DHI is just way, way, way too much.

I just don't *get* DHI.
    I totally agree with this.

I certainly wear DH more than DHI, but I totally dig both, enough so to have backups of each. I don't think DHI is overdone or too loud or anything like that. The main difference to me is that DH is sharper and kinda brisk where DHI is creamy and slightly heavier. I'm always interested to hear why someone likes one but not the other though as to me they're very similar.

The original DH vintage only lasts 3 to 4 hour on me and the makeup smell is loud. The DHI vintage is sexy smooth with the wonderful cocoa/vanille combo with the makeup note dialled way down that lasts 12 hr plus. Love it.lol

I like both but prefer DHI.

Quote Originally Posted by teemas View Post
    You can see from my top 5 that I love both! I think it all cones down to the situation. I feel that Dior Homme is extremely 'sexy' when youre in a more formal setting and DHI could be usef almost any other time. DHI kind of skip the iris thing and goes into the extreme cocoa drydown. I agree that its alot more amp'ed up when its compared to Dior Homme but thats what I like about it too
    Exactly. DH is great and very unique but its one of few fragrances that really need to be worn only when you are atleast in semiformal clothing. DHI on other side is very versatile. Its just vanilla bomb + some iris and cocoa and can be worn almost anymtime and anywhere. Also huge + for DHI is its great longevity because longevity on DH is average at best.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

I love both but I like DHI more. I have no longevity problems with either one (Vintage or Reformulation)

I have and like both. As above, no longevity problems with either.

Vintage Dior Homme is the superior fragrance. Although I do enjoy DHI, yet seldom wear it.

Like most of the bonbons men are wearing today, it lasts far longer than in needs to. Dior Homme powers on way beyond twelve hours. I usually can't take it for more than two. I don't take it all any more because I don't wear it.

I prefer Dior Homme Intense to Dior Homme, it's sexier, fluffier, takes care of business better

To me, DH is more beautiful and refined. Someone said a pretty boy fragrance and I totally agree with this.
    DHI is warm and sexy.

I love both equally but they have different settings

Dior Homme is definitely classier, and the dry down I think is better, but it's subtle. Dior Homme Intense is good for, well when you need it to be intense. I get barely any cocoa, but the vanilla is very strong. Two different fragrances, both good for different purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    I guess I am myself an unusual case: while I can barely stand Dior Homme, I totally enjoy DHI
    I guess we're both unusual, then, because I totally agree with you. I think the reformulation made DHI better, but I realize there are very few who think so.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

You know, I kind of thought this too. I love Dior Homme more than anything, and DHI was just surprisingly sweet and just very off in comparison. I didn't hate it, and I still recommend it, but for the sole reason that DH is just hard to find now.

Dior Homme Intense (vintage) > Dior Homme Cologne > Dior Homme Intense >>>>>>>> Dior Homme >>>>>> Dior Homme Sport

I like DHI's iris-intense opening and middle stages but not really a fan of its cocoa dry down, as I find it similar to the smell of I just spilled hot chocolate on me... I much prefer the original Dior Homme (vintage) -- it has just the right amount of iris note that lingers throughout its scent life (8-10 hours on my skin in the cold weather).

Quote Originally Posted by barclaydetolly View Post
    I guess we're both unusual, then, because I totally agree with you. I think the reformulation made DHI better, but I realize there are very few who think so.
    I do feel the reformulation is a bit sweeter (must be the pear) than the vintage and considering that for me Dior Homme Intense is meant to be a sexy fragrance that was a welcome addition, dare I say improvement upon the vintage even

I much prefer DH (vintage). It spanks any version of DHI. DH is much more unique and appealing with the leather and lipstick, while DHI smells more like a conventional scent, and I don't get anything "intense" from it.

The original is a masterpiece, but not my style. Intense (original formula) is also very good, and seems to be a bit easier to wear. I have smelled the reformulated DHI, but never had enough to give it a proper wearing. Have a decant coming which makes me happy

I prefer DHI

Both are good, but I also prefer Dior Homme.

I prefer DHI vintage to Dior Homme to reformulated DHI...
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Dior Homme Parfum
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Pure Malt
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Noir de Noir
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. 5 o'clock au Gingembre
    9. Epic Man
    10.Tobacco Vanille

Like both. Haven't worn DHI enough yet to make up my mind which one I like more.
    Last edited by morrison74; 22nd May 2012 at 01:52 PM.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumbbg View Post
    I do feel the reformulation is a bit sweeter (must be the pear) than the vintage and considering that for me Dior Homme Intense is meant to be a sexy fragrance that was a welcome addition, dare I say improvement upon the vintage even
    It is a bit sweeter than the Vintage especially in the mid-notes. In the drydown they are nearly identical. I still get that smooth vanilla and cocoa drydown that lasts for ages. They did well with the reformulation..

Which gets more compliments if you are going out. Dior homme or dior homme intense (reformulated) ?

Quote Originally Posted by mcswirlz View Post
    Which gets more compliments if you are going out. Dior homme or dior homme intense (reformulated) ?
    So far for me, the Intense has gotten more attention and positive comments

Vintage Dior Homme Intense >>>>>>>>>>>>>(*1000) Dior Homme IMO.

Yes Dior really got the lipstick accord right with original DH................................................ ..............

gross

The new Dior Homme beats out the newer Dior Homme Intense, IMO.

I bought 2 bottles of DHI and would like to get rid of 1 because I just don't see myself ever finishing the one I opened.